• No

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • What is chivalry?

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
It depends how old you are, what part of the country you were raised in and if your parents taught the meaning of it.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Don't get me wrong. I open doors, halt to let a woman pass me in the hall at work, etc. Most of them just take it for granted and rarely say thank you. Then they complain because they can't find a nice guy anymore.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Not directly - Common Courtesey was it's ride home, and it got left in the car on a hot summer day.

People suck - plain and simple. Everyone thinks the end of the world will be a cataclysmic flash - I think it's much more subtle than that. The cut-off in traffic, the walking in a door being held for you and you don't say a word, the being a total b!tch to kid serving you a burger, the leaving of the 1/8" of coffee in the pot at work - it's all bad. People are too f**king important for their own good these days - half of 'em need a good brain tumor to give 'em a little perspective on thier position in life on this planet we all share.

I work in a town mostly inhabitted by nuveau riche - every day at 7 I watch frustrated b!tches drive into the daycare center at 60MPH, kick little Muffy or Trevor to the curb with their Prada backpack, then whip thier entry level Range Rover into the nearest local shopping center, parking in 2 spots, and rushing into the nearest Talbots or Old Navy (with cell phone glued to head) to spend more of the cash thier husband is off making at the Law Firm or CPA agency. Perhaps they'll stop at Panera Bread for a $9 ham sandwhich they'll be throwing up later, and wash it down with a $5 cup of the vile bitter swill from Starbucks that America has been duped en masse to believe is coffee.

But at least I'm not bitter.

I still do what I can, but I will be the first to admit that I have screamed YOU'RE WELCOME at people backs after I have held the door for them and they float past me like it was a right and not a priveledge. Part of chivalry is humility (well, a counterpart to chivalry) - and along with the aforementioned common courtesy they are all too much in short supply these day. I'm all Yankee, but one thing the south does well is manners, now if they could just ditch that nasty racism....

Last edited:

MusclePower1

Established Member
CarpetCityCobra said:
I've had women get mad at me for opening doors for them. :shrug:

I'm a southern male, it's in my DNA to say "yes, ma'am", "no, ma'am", and to open doors for women.

heh, my mom's side of the family is from the south...i know what u mean by southern courtesy, it's just not hear up in CT tho :(

Slow01Cobra

Established Member
Chivalry? Femenism straight killed that shit.

I can do everything men can do AND they need to treat me special and I don't have to show respect or thankfulness.

Men (mostly in the liberated north :lol1: ) just don't give a *** about it anymore, I know I'm bitter and can tell onsight which women will say thanks and which will just stare at me like a retard for holding a door for them.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I've also had women get offended when I open the door for them. I open the door for anyone, male or female. It's common courtesy to do so. It seems that women get really offended now-a-days when men treat them good. "Oh, I can't open a door myself." Fock you, you femistist bitch! I was being nice. How about you grow your dike armpit hair out some more. Women need to realize that their testosterone level is lower than male's. There are some things they just CAN'T do. They can't be fighter pilots for instance. Their hearts aren't big enough. They will pass out to a lower application of G force. Go ahead you hippie dikes. Let us shut the door in your faces while your leg hair grows a few more inches.

bp03svt

Established Member
I open doors for men and women, it doesn't matter to me. Now if the woman gets mad at me for it it's, "f@#K you, you stupid b!tch". That rarely happens though. What I find funny is more men say thank you for holding the door.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
It's not dead, nor should it be, but it's more repectful of women
having said that, i extend that common courtesy to some guys, too - i don't call it chivalry, I call it courtesy

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
bp03svt said:
I open doors for men and women, it doesn't matter to me. Now if the woman gets mad at me for it it's, "f@#K you, you stupid b!tch". That rarely happens though. What I find funny is more men say thank you for holding the door.

I've never thought of that, but now that I think of it that is true. Whenever I hold the door open for a guy, they always say, "thank you." Most women say thank you, but not all of them. I've never really taken notice of that. Either they've never learned how to be polite or they're huge feminists.

When my dad was at school at Harvard, he held the door open for whoever was behind him. He didn't know if it were a girl or guy. He was just being polite. Well, it was a feminazi. He bitched him out yelling and screaming about how he was a pig thinking that she can't open the door herself. If I ever saw her again, if I were him, I would make sure the door slammed right in her face. You must get a lot more of that kind of crap if you're in New England. In Texas, people seem to be a lot more courteous.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
it was amazing (not trying to offend americans) but this black guy was going into the same BK as I was with his kids and wife - I JUST beat them to the door, you know how that is - anyways, the guy is middle class, oubviously a very nice guy, and he looks totally shocked and says "Thanks" after his family has walked through
I just nod my head and brush it off, b/c it's no big deal
around here people might not even say anything, just common courtesy
I noticed in the USA it was different - Again, not ragging on americans, just saying it's kind of weird
having said that, victoria, on vancouver island, a 3 1/2 hour ferry ride from vancouver, is also not as polite typically as Vancouver

AHD

Established Member
ampstang said:
There are some things they just CAN'T do. They can't be fighter pilots for instance. Their hearts aren't big enough. They will pass out to a lower application of G force.

Not to rain on your parade, but there are quite a few female fighter/test pilots these days!

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
For my wife I am chivalrous, for others it's if the opportunity arises but I don't go out of my way. Equal rights are a bitch aren't they.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
AHD said:
Not to rain on your parade, but there are quite a few female fighter/test pilots these days!

I was typing fast without thinking late last night. I know there are female fighter pilots as does everyone, but they can't handle G forces like men can. It's basic physiology, men have bigger hearts than women. Blood can't flow to the brain as it can with men. That's also why you can't be a fighter pilot if you're over 6'5". Blood has to flow to far to reach the brain.

Users who are viewing this thread