• No

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • What is chivalry?

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I still open doors for women and let them go first.

But if they want equal rights, let them put THEIR jacket in the mud so I don't get my boots dirty. :poke:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Like I'd throw my coat in a rain puddle so some woman could keep her feet dry..lol
And to protect her from some screaming man only to find out he stole her crack money she got for hookin' last night.
All of these will end up in court because some how your chivalrious acts were demeaing to her woMANhood.

Nope, open your own damn door bitch.

if it ain't dead it's dyin'.

FliteQH

FOXY5OH
Established Member
What's Chivalry?
stimpy05.gif

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I've had women get mad at me for opening doors for them. :shrug:

I'm a southern male, it's in my DNA to say "yes, ma'am", "no, ma'am", and to open doors for women.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Its about dead, i cant see the whole jacket thing, but not hitting/slapping, opening doors nd stuff like that for women should stay

nd yes some of my friends do hit/slap not hard ones, but to the point when u just wanna crack a chair across their heads

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
mmars said:
They just don't appreciate it anymore.
you sir have hit the nail on the head
my cousins girl wont get in the car if he donsnt open the door, so i think that is taking it a little to far

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
lol, when i read "chivalry" i was thinking about like middle ages type shit, with armor and stuff.

opening doors for your chick is cool, i do it.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
I always open doors for anyone, everyone, male or female or undecided, every time, in public. It's just a nice thing to do, costs nothing, and is an ingrained habit. Little things like that just help improve the quality of life for everyone involved.

If it's my idea, I'm more than willing to pay, if it's your idea and you want to pay, that's OK with me, too. Most of the women I have known or are likely to meet AND LIKE prefer to keep this clean and free of sub textual obligations by at least offering to go Dutch.

Standing? Pulling out a chair for a female and seating her? When in Rome . . . There have been occasions when I knew/felt that these were the proper things to do, but they are/have been rare. -- Mostly formal events involving the added presence of anachronistic parental units left over from the courtly era.

GH1086

Established Member
I open doors for anyone, I am polite to everyone, I say please and thank you, I treat everyone I meet with respect, that is until they earn not to be treated with respect, I try not to curse in front of women, I help random people out in public say if they drop something I usually help them pick it up and such. So I say chivalry is not dead to me, but to most people it is, epsecially women, but they bring it upon themselves with the equal rights movemen, also I have expectations of women, if i treat them with chivalry and respect they have to do their jobs too, like cooking and cleaning, as long as I do mine, bring home the money.

Users who are viewing this thread