IRS hopping

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Do you think the more miles on the car,the worse it gets?Mines only hopped a few times,I have 15K on it.

As far as the control arms are concerend, I would say only to a very slight degree.

However, the diff mounts are a completely different story. The rear diff mount gets tore up real bad from launches.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
As far as the control arms are concerend, I would say only to a very slight degree.

However, the diff mounts are a completely different story. The rear diff mount gets tore up real bad from launches.

Well,if it ever gets busy at work again,I`ll be able to finish modding and getting into the rearend(that doesn`t sound right LOL)Brandon,FORCEFEDCOBRA speaks highly of your setup.Thanks for the info:beer:

Jefe

Established Member
AC427Cobra for President of SVTP

I hadnt read that springs help out somewhat. Im assuming that would be the same for cut springs or is there something special about aftermarket spring rate that aids it?

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
AC427Cobra for President of SVTP

Ha ha thanks, but no thanks. ;-) I've got enough to do! :-D

I hadnt read that springs help out somewhat. Im assuming that would be the same for cut springs or is there something special about aftermarket spring rate that aids it?

Aftermarket springs and cut springs aid in wheel hop reduction because they are stiffer and less compliant! Same with shocks. Stock shocks pretty much blow. Just like the stock springs and bushings. :fart:

Jefe

Established Member
Damn you Ford for making so many mod possibilities

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Bruce's Kit....

I've had my 03 Cobra Vert. 1 year and the best Mod. by far has been Bruce's full Bushing and Bumpsteer Kit. I also did 1/2 coil cut Coupe Springs, M.M. C/C Plates, B.F. Diff. Brace, M.M. F. Length Subframe Connectors, a R. pair of Nitto 555's and a 4 wheel alignment.
I wish I'd have done these mods before the power up-grades, it is now a much different, better car. The thinking and enginering that went in to this kit are top notch, and the results far exceded my expectation. I have NO wheel hop the car bites and goes and also handles much better. Do yourself a favor and check out the kit. Bruce for Secretary of Suspension!!! LOL!!!

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
None whatsoever? So if youre on a bumpy road and floor it in 1st gear, you can make it to 6500rpm without any hop? Sounds like the best $500 you can spend on this car...

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Among the tons of suspension mods to my 00R (Andy's old #155 car) it has all Delrin bushings, Urethane IRS hanger bushings, and a diff brace. My '03 Cobra only has the BF diff brace. Good Lord... the IRS in my R is so solid compared to my Terminator. It's amazing driving one, and then getting into the other. Yes, the R transmits some noise compared to my Terminator. But no joke, it feels like a SRA when you get on it hard.

mgmustang1

Established Member
Something i think no one else mentioned- Qa1 adjustables. irs brace a must no matter what. also diff bushings-steeda and a set of mickey t drag radials.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
has anyone put a video camera under the car, where it can "see" the IRS and recorded it? I think that I'll do that tomorrow, if its easy to do with a cam, and see what is happening on a 100% stock IRS..

Users who are viewing this thread