iPhone 8 & 10

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
That's stupid.

All the more reason to move to a different carrier if you can.

I'm looking at a few different options now, unfortunately, T Mobile looks the best but they aren't as cheap as I want.

Nope. I have it on a family plan so pretty locked in with the. It seems the monthly rate on the phones went down (to keep up with competition I suppose). But I guess they didn't want to lose money on their end and so got rid of their plan of upgrading your phone every 2 years for just 50 bucks and so going for the full amount for the phone now. No matter what, they are going to tear every dollar they can away from the consumer. Sucks.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I just hate how T-Mobile has started charging upfront for their phones now. I mean, it's not like $80-200 will make or break my ability to eat, live and/or play with cars, but it's just another added expense in this already expensive world.

Used to be good credit got the phone for free, absolutely nothing out of pocket. Not anymore.

Stanger00

Established Member
Nope. I have it on a family plan so pretty locked in with the. It seems the monthly rate on the phones went down (to keep up with competition I suppose). But I guess they didn't want to lose money on their end and so got rid of their plan of upgrading your phone every 2 years for just 50 bucks and so going for the full amount for the phone now. No matter what, they are going to tear every dollar they can away from the consumer. Sucks.

Look up the trade-in value for your 6s, Verizon provides you this information in your account. My 6s plus has a trade-in value of $475. The 6s in my account is $375, YMMV.

I'm at the crossroad of trading up for a slight change for the 8 plus and another year of payments or just wait for prices to drop off and pay less for the phone later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Look up the trade-in value for your 6s, Verizon provides you this information in your account. My 6s plus has a trade-in value of $475. The 6s in my account is $375, YMMV.

I'm at the crossroad of trading up for a slight change for the 8 plus and another year of payments or just wait for prices to drop off and pay less for the phone later on.

You will also get less for your phone in a year

Quik Z06

Established Member
I'll be getting the X as soon as it's released. Have had an iPhone since they came out. When I went from the 6 to the 7 att gave me $600 on a trade in, so it was a no brainer for me. If they are allowing me to trade in my 7+ for around the same amount I'll do it. If not I see they are still selling for a lot elsewhere. Personally I don't see why people are freaking out over the $1k price, my 7+ 256gb was like $980, so what's the big deal? We all go out and buy new cars that every year seem to go up in price, and we all buy new cars then spend crazy money on modding them. I use my phone probably more than anything else I own, so for me $1k is reasonable.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The cell phone is probably the most important tool each of has. Simple is that we make money with them. Getting calls/emails returned earlier than we've ever had before.
Yes we can buy the half price ones but I've seen more lock ups missed messages with them than the top of the line phones.
Holding on to a phone for 2/3 years seeking deals is a way to cut costs of this tool.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I just hate how T-Mobile has started charging upfront for their phones now. I mean, it's not like $80-200 will make or break my ability to eat, live and/or play with cars, but it's just another added expense in this already expensive world.

Used to be good credit got the phone for free, absolutely nothing out of pocket. Not anymore.
Its really no different than before when carriers had plans. Pay $200+ upfront for 2 year contract but in a way it was cheaper since phone was paid off BUT you couldnt upgrade till after 2 years.

I have JOD on T-Mo, I pay $0 upfront and $0 taxes as well (unless it asks me for a DP which most phones don’t). I pay taxes month to month for the phone until its gone (full retail tax gets split into 24 months). I can also change up to 3 different phones in a year with no DP or any extra fee’s.

EX: I keep phone for 3 months then trade it for another, i only pay taxes for 3 months for that phone.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Can you post a screenshot of them?
I finally found a way to turn off the standard keypad notification wanting to change back from my downloaded swift key.

Don't know how to turn off the android system notifications. It's turned off and silented but still shows up on my top left screen as notifications as Android systems and systems ui. When I search for these in my settings and apps i can't find them.

Things like charging(shows charging twice) screen shot and others.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member

I agree with this. I justified my last new phone since I have had it for over 3 years. bought the 'flagship' since I knew it would be so long. But I cant justify 800+ for a phone now, especially adding in the cost of a case, replacing all my charging cords (MicroUSB to USB-C). Still shocked when I went to verizon, they had 7 smartphones in stock. iPhone twins, the S8's, S7 edge, and pair of pixels. I asked about anything else and they dont carry any. What happened to a wide variety? They had nothing from Sony, Nokia, HTC.

Used S7 it is! less than half the price, even after getting a battery case.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
The fact that the phone is capable of fast charging but out of the box it will not be possible due to the fact Apple is making you buy a $35 usb-c to lighting cable as well as a high wattage wall charger that will cost another $50 really had me considering going back to android. Which i despise. I just cant leave ios though. Its too buttery smooth compared to android.

Also "wireless" charging it the stupidest ****ing gimmick ever created for a smartphone. Whats the point of wireless charging when it has to be placed on a pad that is...wait for it...wired. Call it wireless charging when i can be walking around the house with the phone in my pocket and it's charging.

Zemedici

Established Member
The fact that the phone is capable of fast charging but out of the box it will not be possible due to the fact Apple is making you buy a $35 usb-c to lighting cable as well as a high wattage wall charger that will cost another $50 really had me considering going back to android. Which i despise. I just cant leave ios though. Its too buttery smooth compared to android.

Also "wireless" charging it the stupidest ****ing gimmick ever created for a smartphone. Whats the point of wireless charging when it has to be placed on a pad that is...wait for it...wired. Call it wireless charging when i can be walking around the house with the phone in my pocket and it's charging.

The wireless charging works for me because my charging jack on the phone gets screwed up constantly, so I have to plug it in just right to get it to charge. Plus you can throw it on the dash of your car and charge the phone while you drive, etc

Plus I have an iWatch, so i can literally throw my phone on the charger and walk around the house and still do what I need to do via the Watch

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
The wireless charging works for me because my charging jack on the phone gets screwed up constantly, so I have to plug it in just right to get it to charge. Plus you can throw it on the dash of your car and charge the phone while you drive, etc

Plus I have an iWatch, so i can literally throw my phone on the charger and walk around the house and still do what I need to do via the Watch

I had wireless charging like 5 years ago with the lumia 920. For me it was useless.

Imagine if wireless internet consisted of putting a pc on a pad that was connected to an ethernet cable coming out of the wall. Lol

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
At home wireless charging doesn't make sense. At work I think it's a good idea. Instead of plugging a cord into your phone constantly, you set it on a pad with no damage to the port. Just pick it up when you need to go somewhere.

Well if you sit at a desk all day and never have to get up for anything then a wireless pad makes less sense too.

Wireless charging will be great when places like coffee shops put them in their tables. Just set your phone down while you have your coffee and no need to worry about bringing cables and wondering if you can get a seat next to a plug. Some cars have wireless charging pads built in.

For those with an iPhone you can wireless charge your phone and have headphones plugged in. Lol

hoamskilet

Established Member
I just can't get excited about any of these new phones. Until my S6 quits working, I just don't see anything I can justify dropping a grand on

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I will never own an Iphone. they are discriminatory. I will stick with my samsungs

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just a FYI, it looks like T-mobile is offering $300 in bill credits on iphone 8 models. Nothing about the X, but thats not out for another 6 weeks or so.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

The charge port might be packed full of lint from your jeans. I thought my phone was ****ed a while back and did some digging, lot of people suggested cleaning it and I did. It worked perfectly after that, the only problem was when it started to get crappy again, I cleaned it out with a tooth pick and I think I damaged something because it charged pretty slowly after that.

So, keep them clean, but maybe use a mini cotton swap or something soft and a little bit of alcohol. But I supposed wireless charging would fix that issue.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The charge port might be packed full of lint from your jeans. I thought my phone was ****ed a while back and did some digging, lot of people suggested cleaning it and I did. It worked perfectly after that, the only problem was when it started to get crappy again, I cleaned it out with a tooth pick and I think I damaged something because it charged pretty slowly after that.

So, keep them clean, but maybe use a mini cotton swap or something soft and a little bit of alcohol. But I supposed wireless charging would fix that issue.

Compressed air works pretty good, too.

Users who are viewing this thread