iPhone 8 & 10

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
http://gizmodo.com/our-apple-iphone-x-event-liveblog-is-right-here-1803757549

Ton of information in there for anyone interested.

The 8 is a progression phone it seems, wireless charging, better chip, better camera, etc.

The X has facial ID and Apple says it's quite a bit more secure than past versions. I guess you can defeat the ID on some other phones with selfies.

They are both supposed to be better at augmented reality.

8 starts at $699, 8 plus at $799.

X starts at $999.

http://gizmodo.com/iphone-x-everyth...26.1647111055.1505162913-353505615.1487804940 Here is a more brief show case of the X.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
$1k for a phone? no thanks. and that's for the 64g. cant imagine how much the 256g will be. and no thanks on facial recognition. ill take the home button over that. couldnt care less about the screen "going to the edge" (even though it doesnt). or wireless charging. just a bunch of gimmicks.

all i care about is the size of the memory and how good the camera is. im due for an upgrade this Dec. ill just grab a 7plus in a discounted deal. i really like my iphones. they always work. but i can see them pricing me out of their market. not even sure ill stick with them at renewal. maybe just keep what i have (6splus) till it stops working. the camera could be better but other than that its "perfect" for me.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I don't think the 8 and 8+ are worth the upgrade over anyone who has a 7 version unless you really want wireless charging. My wife has a 6 and is ready to upgrade and we'll probably get her the 8 and I'll stick with my 7 for a few more months and eventually get the X.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I agree with most of you guys, the X does nothing for me.

The 8 seems like a better phone for me.

I thought the price of the X was stupid, but as a business move, it's not a bad one. They are basically creating a more expensive flagship model that tons of phone crazy people will buy. That will alleviate some of the manufacturing pressures when they get a bazillion orders for phones at once for the 8.

All while charging a lot more in price.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I agree with most of you guys, the X does nothing for me.

The 8 seems like a better phone for me.

I thought the price of the X was stupid, but as a business move, it's not a bad one. They are basically creating a more expensive flagship model that tons of phone crazy people will buy. That will alleviate some of the manufacturing pressures when they get a bazillion orders for phones at once for the 8.

All while charging a lot more in price.

all the millennials earning minimum wage will have one.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just a neat tidbit, The OLED screen on the iphone x costs apple something like $150 to buy from samsung.

Augmented reality, HDR, 4k video, larger OLED screen, and a better camera makes me want one over my 6. Still not sure i'll bite though. At least not unless I see a great carrier deal.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I may get an X. Need to see what I'd have to pay after trading in my 7+.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I may get an X. Need to see what I'd have to pay after trading in my 7+.
I will say that the resale on these phones is pretty cool.

I haven't really spent much on iphones, I bought my first droid, traded that one in on a 4 and with my "upgrade" I was able to trade straight across for all the next phones from there. My 6 plus I paid a little extra for the memory and the bigger phone but they haven't been bad at all.

I'm not sure my new one, whatever it may be, will be the same way. This 6 has charging issues.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just a neat tidbit, The OLED screen on the iphone x costs apple something like $150 to buy from samsung.

Augmented reality, HDR, 4k video, larger OLED screen, and a better camera makes me want one over my 6. Still not sure i'll bite though. At least not unless I see a great carrier deal.
I'm thinking the same thing. I use my 7 a lot (90% of the time) for taking photos and video. The new camera on the X is of great interest to me. It means I pretty much can get rid of my stand alone camera. The 4K video with HDR is also of interest. I love the upgraded Portrait mode with stage lighting effects. But it all comes at a premium. I was just told by Verizon that I can turn in my iPhone 7 and get a free upgrade to the X. But according to my calculations, I expect my monthly payment will increase by around $13 a month. If that's true, I will probably pull the trigger.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'll live with real reality.

article-0-068E481A000005DC-355_468x331.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm thinking the same thing. I use my 7 a lot (90% of the time) for taking photos and video. The new camera on the X is of great interest to me. It means I pretty much can get rid of my stand alone camera. The 4K video with HDR is also of interest. I love the upgraded Portrait mode with stage lighting effects. But it all comes at a premium. I was just told by Verizon that I can turn in my iPhone 7 and get a free upgrade to the X. But according to my calculations, I expect my monthly payment will increase by around $13 a month. If that's true, I will probably pull the trigger.

I'm surprised you didn't switch to tmobile when they were advertising paying off all verizon debts.

jrandy

Established Member
I wasn't too impressed with the 8 and the X. Neither is enticing enough to pull me from my 7 plus.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I will say that the resale on these phones is pretty cool.

I haven't really spent much on iphones, I bought my first droid, traded that one in on a 4 and with my "upgrade" I was able to trade straight across for all the next phones from there. My 6 plus I paid a little extra for the memory and the bigger phone but they haven't been bad at all.

I'm not sure my new one, whatever it may be, will be the same way. This 6 has charging issues.

Same here man. I've always gotten a $300-400 credit it seems last few iphones I've traded in.

Users who are viewing this thread