**IOWA** Ideas for next SVT meet in IOWA

Black_Noise

2003 Mercury Marauder
Established Member
I have seen alot of idea, i figure we should centralize them, and get together.
I've seen car show, drag strip, drive in movie, etc.

Im up for whatever, I had a good time at BWW and the lake, and met some cool people with SWEET rides.

Im gonna try to set something up for maybe May 17th at the drive in theater in Newton.
If anyone can make it that would be awsome.

Any other ideas for something sooner?

Last edited:

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
That weekend is WSC1 I know alot of people are going(I will be.) We need to do some thing in Iowa City I feel we will get more people there. The drive in sounds sweet to.

zeus201

Established Member
That weekend is WSC1 I know alot of people are going(I will be.) We need to do some thing in Iowa City I feel we will get more people there. The drive in sounds sweet to.

I think the next one we do should be in a different area to try to bring out some of the members from the quad cities area. If we do this, then I would assume the people in that area would "host" the gtg.

I honestly do not know anybody going to WSC....I would think the next meet would be this summer.

Black 03, I wouldn't mind driving down to the drive - in though. Just choose a weekend that will have movies that are worth watching!

Black_Noise

2003 Mercury Marauder
Established Member
Maybe if people are busy on that weekend, i could bump it back to may 31st (sat). its memorial weekend and my birthday. I dont know, maybe ill just see what they got playing.

what is wsc?

I called the drive in, right now they are just doing weekends, shows start at 8pm and go till about midnight, its $7.50 per person, kids under 11 free with parent. Later in may he said they do shows durring the week also. He said around the end of may they will have the new Indiana Jones movie playing, that would be cool.

Last edited:

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
if you guys are wanting to have something around the Iowa City area(well Williamsburg at least) let me know and I will talk to the managers at Tanger Outlet Mall about roping off a section of the parking lot. Then possibly cruise up to the Res at Coralville Lake?

just throwing some ideas out there, or possibly get some good friends of mine with a catering company to cater it or something.

I'd volunteer to host it, but me being in the state on a weekend anymore is pretty iffy, supposed to start writing for a magazine=travel for car shows.

Let me know what you guys think, see if I can take a weekend off to host it and get it set up.

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
really no place to park in amana, not that they would let you sit for a while. Plus all those idiot tourists that don't pay attention...at least if we got like Tanger, we could rope/cone off an area.

Black_Noise

2003 Mercury Marauder
Established Member
Just in case someone is real board, and wants to make the drive, there are 2 car shows in may in marshalltown, the 10th @ the veterans home, and the 17th at riverview park.

The riverview park show is usually pretty big, 100+ cars, new and old, Im not sure if im gonna but the Marauder in or not, ive hit the car shows pretty hard the last 2 yr with it.

MachGT

parts, parts, gimme parts
Established Member
argh, I'd do the may 17th show but I'm heading to around Omaha to help a friend install his supercharger

zeus201

Established Member
Just in case someone is real board, and wants to make the drive, there are 2 car shows in may in marshalltown, the 10th @ the veterans home, and the 17th at riverview park.

The riverview park show is usually pretty big, 100+ cars, new and old, Im not sure if im gonna but the Marauder in or not, ive hit the car shows pretty hard the last 2 yr with it.

That's could be something I might have to go too. Like to try to get the vert in as many shows that I can this summer. Sort of been leaning towards more show than go for this summer. Maybe next year I'll change my mind.

venamous01

Established Member
as far as the quad cities go, i would go to that one too. i know theirs a bunch of cars up their, but i dont really know anybody from their, i dont even think i have seen anybody on here thats from teh qc.

the drive in movie thing is cool, but to sit their and watch 2 movies. we wouldent really get in a hole lot of time to bullshit about cars and drive.

venamous01

Established Member
whatever you guys end up doing, if you bring it a little farther southeast, (ceder rapids/iowa city, or quad cities) i can get all of my friends from burlington to come.

zeus201

Established Member
Iowa City sounds like a good area to put on another gtg. Perhaps create a pole on a few dates to get an idea on when people can come out.

EDIT: then all of us Central IA guys will have some fun on the way there...:burnout:

Black_Noise

2003 Mercury Marauder
Established Member
I might do an iowa city meet, depends on when.

May is pretty booked up for me so far.

Is anyone going to cedarfalls this sat? I would like to but im sure i woulnt.
I will be going to the drive in this weekend to "scout" the place, probably just in the Ram. I let you guys know how it is, and maybe sneek some pics if possible

Last edited:

Eric91Z

Established Member
I might do an iowa city meet, depends on when.

May is pretty booked up for me so far.

Is anyone going to cedarfalls this sat? I would like to but im sure i woulnt.
I will be going to the drive in this weekend to "scout" the place, probably just in the Ram. I let you guys know how it is, and maybe sneek some pics if possible

I take it back. Looks like I will not be making CFR this Saturday. I thought it was originally posted tha tgates opened at 10:00am and TNT started at 11:00am. Figured that would give me time to get my runs in before having to head back and pick up my daughter.

I just checked the CFR website and it states gates open at 4:30pm, TNT & Gamblers 5-8:30pm, and Midnight Mania - 9pm-1am

So I can't make it.

Black_Noise

2003 Mercury Marauder
Established Member
WOW, WOW, WOW.

It was great.

The movies were ok, (Prom night, and 21) but the drive in part of it was so much fun. It was my first time going to a drive in theater. We really had a great time.

It started around 8:15, the sun was just setting when we watched a preview and then on to the movie. It only took about 25-30 mins for it to get dark. There was 2 ways to get the sound, either the old school box in you window, or through your radio. We took the Ram (02 QC Sport 4x4 4.7L with factory Infinity Sound System) Dam it sounded good, just like being in a theater.

Me and the wife and the daughter (5) got in for $15, and its a double feature (2 for the price of 1) and a Large popcorn is $5. Best family entertainment Ive ever spent. They also have a lot of grassy room to set up a blanket and chairs to watch up front. There was also people in trucks that backed in and were sitting in the back of their trucks in chairs or blankets. Very cool. We just went with the traditional pull in and recline the seat alittle. There was a concession stand with all the normals of a theater and more and also decent clean bathrooms .

The movies of the night were not really what I want my daughter to watch, but I really wanted to try the place out so I can start letting people know about it. May 20th or so they are doing a double feature of IORN MAN and the NEW INDIANA JONES. We will be there for that hell or high water, and early to get a great spot!

This place has been in business for like 70 yrs, and I see why!

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone in Iowa!!

Also... I thought it was just a drive in myth that people got busy in their car during the movie. NO SIR!! There was a late 90s explorer next to us and their windows got pretty fogged up during the second movie, and the wifey swears they were doing some fellatio, and the other side of me there was a late 90s Caddy with a couple of teens and their window were very very fogged during the 2nd movie... then they left about 2/3rds of the way through the 2nd so I'm guessing they were done doing whatever they were doing! Maybe it my daughter wasn't with us, were might have done the same.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg