Iowa Cruise 2009: Ideas

M240Bravo

Established Member
I'll be game if I'm back for it. I'm good with anything, driving, dyno, drinking. Anything.

Black Sex

Established Member
i like the idea of getting a bite to eat, hitting up the dragstrip/road course @ MAM some pic then possibly a cruise. dyno day does sound fun but also sounds like alot of standing around. im more interested in meeting new people i guess, but am open to whatever

yamahaSHO

Established Member
I think I have a few of the local SHO owners interested. As far as hitting up the dragstrip (if it's the 1/8th), I'd be better off watching as I just can't launch this car or keep the tires planted... :(

03snkvert

Established Member
Ok...

Deff
Cruise to Council Bluffs
Eat Lunch or Dinner at Harrahs in Council Bluffs
Cruise and get some pics (Loess Hills?)

Maybe
Bowling
Mini-Golf
Dragstrip- MAM has nothing listed for that day, I don't think enough guys will want to race

Out
Dyno- Just to much standing around for a large group of people
Papio Fun Center- Not enough interest

We need to decide on whether we are going to stop and eat Lunch or Dinner! This way we can figure out where to meet up! Are Routes also need to include gas stations for the not so MPG friendly cars.

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
I'll be up for dinner. Also I'm going to have to get 110 race gas when I stop for gas.

yamahaSHO

Established Member
I could tow my Civic there for the extra cylinders :)

My car can make plenty of noise.... That's not saying is sounds good though :):)

I have a video camera, however, I'd probably be joining you guys closer to Omaha since I live here.

camaro_chic17

Established Member
Well I am not sure where the Loess Hills are although someone told me in the past. I am terrible at directions.

Here are some thoughts on a route though..

First we get lunch at Harrah's...

then go down the interstate and Dodge to take pictures at that bank (the Boys Town exit on Dodge) or at Zorinsky Lake or somewhere if the bank's too crowded...

then we can do whatever like bowling/golf/etc if we want..

then go downtown to the Old Market and to the Loess Hills from there for some fun. We can skip downtown if it's too far out of the way (I just added that into the route cuz it would be something else to look at other than just straight highway) and go straight to Loess Hills too...

So we can skip downtown.. skip bowling/golf/etc... or add other stuff in :beer:

It's just an outline to follow that I think would be a good time.

zeus201

Established Member
Are they any gas stations along this route that will sell 93, or near by. The car is a pig with 4.10's, but hopefully I'll have 3.55 or 3.73's by that time.

If not, probably going to have to bring a bottle or two of Torco or Lucas.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
If my Mustang is running by the time the cruise rolls around, I may have the girlfriend drive the (cammed) GTO and I could break in the 'ol 5.4... :banana:

She would, of course be tastefully clad and made up for some photos. :beer:

I think she will end up with it anyway if we get married, she likes it more than me!

StangV666

V6 Expert
Established Member
Im down for a cruise. Or really anything to meet some new people around here. What up Sheila :beer:

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Are they any gas stations along this route that will sell 93, or near by. The car is a pig with 4.10's, but hopefully I'll have 3.55 or 3.73's by that time.

If not, probably going to have to bring a bottle or two of Torco or Lucas.

I dont know about CB but theres only a few 93 pumps in omaha. Your only ganna find the 92 at BP.

camaro_chic17

Established Member
Im down for a cruise. Or really anything to meet some new people around here. What up Sheila :beer:

Hey Matt wuts up? You gonna have your Stang done in time for this cruise?

Afaik there's no longer 93 at the 2 stations that used to have 93 in Omaha. There's supposedly 110 at only one station in town. Bring the Torco or Lucas there are BPs with 92 everywhere.

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
Ryan, Maybe you could buy a little Torco from David. He has quite a bit setting in his garage!

StangV666

V6 Expert
Established Member
Hey Matt wuts up? You gonna have your Stang done in time for this cruise?

Only if you promise to have your headliner finished by then lol. The guy's redoing that right?? But yeah im gunna try to have the car done and off for tuning by middle of March.

Last edited:

camaro_chic17

Established Member
Only if you promise to have your headliner finished by then lol. The guy's redoing that right?? But yeah im gunna try to have the car done and off for tuning by middle of March.

My headliner's back in the car :banana: It's my visor that needs redone but with the weather today I'd be willing to bet he'll have that done soon :beer: My car will be ready

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Ryan, Maybe you could buy a little Torco from David. He has quite a bit setting in his garage!

I'll sell some to any one local for $10 a can, as long as they give me the can back. I will say if you can find lucas it probably would be cheaper. lucas 2 octane per can on full tank, torco is 3 octane per can on full tank. If any mods read this I am not a vendor, and I would still be taking a loss on $10 a can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread