Intrested in Custom Cobra Emblems??..Come IN!

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I mean if your gonna screw people out of money I dont think it would be for some emblems. I still say he's in jail or dead.

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
I just read thru the whole post and damn this sucks! He's been a member on here since 2006! I don't see how u can scam people that are into ur interest, especially in the mustang community. Hopefully he isn't faced down in a ditch with his pants around his ankles.

I love SVTP too much to do that shit!

Jefe

Established Member
He was on 11-1 and didnt post in here? I think that's the last straw....

Jefe

Established Member
Anyone else in here able to make these? Clearly theres enough interest....

Jefe

Established Member
I can't believe that he hasnt been banned. thats pretty much bullshit if you ask me...

The owner of this site was notified of this back on Sep 30th so he is watching this.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
after seeing this thread pop again i figured id give the OP and call to see what's going on and left him a vm message.

id dealt with him a few times before in reference to buying some wheels and he was kind of wishy washy but seemed like a decent guy and not the type to scam people on purpose. i know he went to mustang week 2010 and hung out with Rob and Tango and some others.

i figured maybe he just got in over his head on this which ive seen 1st time GB people do before. not as easy as it seems and can quickly get overwhelming, especially with custom jobs.

he called me back. i just got off the phone with him. i asked him about this GB and told him how the thread was heading and just called to see if i could help out. he said that he didnt know this thread was still ongoing. he said he had a bunch of stuff going on in his life. when he started this GB, he was working part time and had time to deal with it. somebody got fired/quit so OP got promoted and was now working 12 hour days. on top of that, his father became really ill and was in and out of the hospital. and they moved to a new house. during the move, his laptop (only computer) was severely damaged, seriously limiting his access to svtp, paypal, etc.. pretty much when he'd visit his gf and get to hop on her pc for a few.

he said he realized he was getting behind on these and wasnt able to get the emblems quick enough to keep up with the demand that was suddenly coming in. he said he saw on paypal that people started filing claims and started getting their money back. i mentioned that someone said they didnt get all their money back because paypal said there wasnt enough in the account. he said that he didnt see a negative balance in his paypal or any messages from them about owing them money or anything. (they will do this. i overspent my account once and had about a $200 negative balance). he said he was able to go on ebay a few weeks ago and purchased something and paid via paypal no problem. so he figured everyone received their money back and it was over. :shrug:

he said that he will try to get into his paypal asap to see if there is anything regarding owing any money. he said he probably wont come post back up in here because he doesnt really have the time to deal it (at least posting about it). i told him he can call me about if he needs to and i may call him again if anyone hits me up. he said he certainly was not attempting to scam anyone or try to rip anyone off for $40. it just went south and he assumed everyone was repaid by paypal. could he/should he have posted in here about it? sure, of course. but he didnt or wasnt able to and that's besides the point at this point in time. he says he really didnt have time to deal with it and saw that people were getting their money back anyways.

so, is anyone still owed any money on this? if so, feel free to contact me and i will see if i can help out. i cant promise anything. he didnt know why i called him so who knows if he'll do it again. i wasnt trying to trick him or anything but moreso helping him out really. so if he's sincere about not wanting to take anyone's money, then hopefully he'd be cool about letting me be the intermediary. if you do contact me, please be prepared to have all your details on your particular transaction available so we can try to make it as hassle free as possible for everyone.

on a side note, i saw Jefe's post about anyone possibly being able to do this still. i know i can. i just dont think i can get anywhere near the OP's pricing. i believe he was doing the labor himself and works at a body shop and was mixing and matching the paint himself. me? id have to go to my paint guy, who gives me great deals for stuff like this, but i dont know if i can get even close to that pricing. paint work is $$$. OP was making like $10-$20 profit off this per set. i told him that's really not even worth his time which he agreed but said he figured if he did around 10-20 of them he could make a decent few extra bucks while work was really slow. so, ill ask my painter and see what he says. at least if we do it, you know that you will receive it and it will be quality work. we need to make it worth our time, and at the same time want people to be satisfied with the product and create more demand.

personally, i think this mod was sick and id do it in a heartbeat if i still had a cobra. definitely a cool idea the OP had. its just unfortunate that it crashed and burned. i told him that i may try to pick up where he left and just wanted to let him know so i wasnt stepping on his toes (even though i know he really wouldnt even consider it after this lol) and he said by all means go for it. he really doesnt have the time. believe me, id MUCH rather him do it for $40 (peanuts) then have to tangle myself up with more possible headaches lol. if things were going smoothly with this GB and he was still doing it, i wouldnt even consider it.

VtekII

Established Member
lol ya kinda has all the excuses possible... moving, broke computer, sick family, all of a sudden got super busy... eh wutever shit happens. as long as everybody gets their money back

Jefe

Established Member
He said he saw on paypal that people started filing claims and started getting their money back.

he said he probably wont come post back up in here because he doesnt really have the time to deal it (at least posting about it). .
Wow Steve, talk about taking charge! Thanks for checking on this. Problem is hes been doing this for over a year on this site(giving people the run around on selling his gauges, buying/trading wheels numerous times, posting his car for sale 4 times and backing out last minute). I can understand hard times, more hours at work and I wish him the best but it only takes 2 minutes to log on here and post 2 sentences explaining his situation. I have been here for years and he was online every single day posting here or there. He took on the responsibility of doing this and should of owned up to to it. The fact that he hasn't even signed on since 11-1 and there are paypal claims against him is absolutely ridiculous. I would of done whatever it took to set that straight(actually it never would of gotten that far) and from what he told you he hasn't even looked into that? Wow...Either way lets move on as long as everyone got their items or money back. Hopefully the mods do whatever is necessary to keep him from posting in the market again, because the members here do not deserve this.

Now....You know there's interest in this for sure and with TFs name behind it, I can only imagine the interest would grow. I would kill to have a set of black and yellow Cobra emblems and I dont think I would mind paying good money(under $100) for a set of 3. We gotta figure out a way to get a massive amount of Cobra emblems cheaply. Last time I bought one I think it was $15-20 for 2. I wonder if Tousley might be able to help. Let me know if you need help with anything! Come to think of it...We all already have emblems...I know I wouldnt mind a week of an emblemless Cobra if it meant I would get them back all painted...Hmmm

Last edited:

whiplash306

Established Member
I would most definitely be interested in an emblem if TF picked the project up. The extra money expenditure would be justifiable so long as it wasn't too excessive. I look fwd to seeing if this takes off as I REALLY wanted an emblem in the beginning but am now thankful that I decided to wait to read people's initial thoughts........

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yeah, i hear what you guys are saying. whether or not that's the complete truth, i dont know. not for me to decide.

as for the emblems, i talked to my painter today. he'd like me to bring him one so he can see how recessed the pockets (scales) are. so he can give me an accurate price quote. does anyone have one that they can mail me for this purpose? i will send it right back afterwards. or i can just go buy some off ebay, no big deal.

ill also see if there is any interest from the GT500 crowd as well which will help on pricing. ill call tousely tomorrow to see what pricing looks like. id hate for people to pull off their emblems and mail them in because if theyre not 100% or dirty/etc.., then it could be an issue and eat up time. plus, trying to keep track of who's emblem was who's could be a pita. but maybe we can make it work..

we need to do them in groups. like a sonic blue group, then a SY group, etc... i mean, no problem doing more than one color at a time, we'd just need to make sure we have all the emblems ready to go. whether theyre mailed in or purchased new.

torch red probably wouldnt be necessary unless it was going to be black and red or something, since you can get them on ebay for probably around the same price. same with the blue although its probably not SONIC blue. im sure MC would be doable but we know how that paint goes...

let me get my hands on some emblems to give him so he can come up with some pricing and we'll go from there.

04spinbra

Established Member
after seeing this thread pop again i figured id give the OP and call to see what's going on and left him a vm message.

id dealt with him a few times before in reference to buying some wheels and he was kind of wishy washy but seemed like a decent guy and not the type to scam people on purpose. i know he went to mustang week 2010 and hung out with Rob and Tango and some others.

i figured maybe he just got in over his head on this which ive seen 1st time GB people do before. not as easy as it seems and can quickly get overwhelming, especially with custom jobs.

he called me back. i just got off the phone with him. i asked him about this GB and told him how the thread was heading and just called to see if i could help out. he said that he didnt know this thread was still ongoing. he said he had a bunch of stuff going on in his life. when he started this GB, he was working part time and had time to deal with it. somebody got fired/quit so OP got promoted and was now working 12 hour days. on top of that, his father became really ill and was in and out of the hospital. and they moved to a new house. during the move, his laptop (only computer) was severely damaged, seriously limiting his access to svtp, paypal, etc.. pretty much when he'd visit his gf and get to hop on her pc for a few.

he said he realized he was getting behind on these and wasnt able to get the emblems quick enough to keep up with the demand that was suddenly coming in. he said he saw on paypal that people started filing claims and started getting their money back. i mentioned that someone said they didnt get all their money back because paypal said there wasnt enough in the account. he said that he didnt see a negative balance in his paypal or any messages from them about owing them money or anything. (they will do this. i overspent my account once and had about a $200 negative balance). he said he was able to go on ebay a few weeks ago and purchased something and paid via paypal no problem. so he figured everyone received their money back and it was over. :shrug:

he said that he will try to get into his paypal asap to see if there is anything regarding owing any money. he said he probably wont come post back up in here because he doesnt really have the time to deal it (at least posting about it). i told him he can call me about if he needs to and i may call him again if anyone hits me up. he said he certainly was not attempting to scam anyone or try to rip anyone off for $40. it just went south and he assumed everyone was repaid by paypal. could he/should he have posted in here about it? sure, of course. but he didnt or wasnt able to and that's besides the point at this point in time. he says he really didnt have time to deal with it and saw that people were getting their money back anyways.

so, is anyone still owed any money on this? if so, feel free to contact me and i will see if i can help out. i cant promise anything. he didnt know why i called him so who knows if he'll do it again. i wasnt trying to trick him or anything but moreso helping him out really. so if he's sincere about not wanting to take anyone's money, then hopefully he'd be cool about letting me be the intermediary. if you do contact me, please be prepared to have all your details on your particular transaction available so we can try to make it as hassle free as possible for everyone.

on a side note, i saw Jefe's post about anyone possibly being able to do this still. i know i can. i just dont think i can get anywhere near the OP's pricing. i believe he was doing the labor himself and works at a body shop and was mixing and matching the paint himself. me? id have to go to my paint guy, who gives me great deals for stuff like this, but i dont know if i can get even close to that pricing. paint work is $$$. OP was making like $10-$20 profit off this per set. i told him that's really not even worth his time which he agreed but said he figured if he did around 10-20 of them he could make a decent few extra bucks while work was really slow. so, ill ask my painter and see what he says. at least if we do it, you know that you will receive it and it will be quality work. we need to make it worth our time, and at the same time want people to be satisfied with the product and create more demand.

personally, i think this mod was sick and id do it in a heartbeat if i still had a cobra. definitely a cool idea the OP had. its just unfortunate that it crashed and burned. i told him that i may try to pick up where he left and just wanted to let him know so i wasnt stepping on his toes (even though i know he really wouldnt even consider it after this lol) and he said by all means go for it. he really doesnt have the time. believe me, id MUCH rather him do it for $40 (peanuts) then have to tangle myself up with more possible headaches lol. if things were going smoothly with this GB and he was still doing it, i wouldnt even consider it.

Steve, I never got my money back but I didnt place a claim! I took it as a lesson learned! I would love to see you do some and post pics! I think it is really crappy that he would see that he wouldnt have time for it but in the PMs he would tell me that he recieved my money(paypal) and the 3 emblems in the mail! All he had to do is leave a PM and say he has been getting busy at work! But he can't do anything but vanish!

Let me know if you start doing this! :beer:
Mike

Huff035

Established Member
yeah, i hear what you guys are saying. whether or not that's the complete truth, i dont know. not for me to decide.

as for the emblems, i talked to my painter today. he'd like me to bring him one so he can see how recessed the pockets (scales) are. so he can give me an accurate price quote. does anyone have one that they can mail me for this purpose? i will send it right back afterwards. or i can just go buy some off ebay, no big deal.

ill also see if there is any interest from the GT500 crowd as well which will help on pricing. ill call tousely tomorrow to see what pricing looks like. id hate for people to pull off their emblems and mail them in because if theyre not 100% or dirty/etc.., then it could be an issue and eat up time. plus, trying to keep track of who's emblem was who's could be a pita. but maybe we can make it work..

we need to do them in groups. like a sonic blue group, then a SY group, etc... i mean, no problem doing more than one color at a time, we'd just need to make sure we have all the emblems ready to go. whether theyre mailed in or purchased new.

torch red probably wouldnt be necessary unless it was going to be black and red or something, since you can get them on ebay for probably around the same price. same with the blue although its probably not SONIC blue. im sure MC would be doable but we know how that paint goes...

let me get my hands on some emblems to give him so he can come up with some pricing and we'll go from there.

Def. in for this if you decide to do it.

Yeah I got my money back but I sent him a $24 new emblem... what about that. maybe he should send my shit back to me then.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Steve you for sure should take over this! I've gotten all custom emblems recently might as well get the cobras custom also lol!

Users who are viewing this thread