Intake Question!

CamdZ06

Established Member
I'm sure this has been asked many times before. My brother just got a 2015 5.0. I want to get him an air intake for his bday. He's looking to start modding it til next spring and I know lots of intakes require tunes and that you get the most power out of tuning when adding them. But honestly I'm just looking to see if an air intake would be worth it just to get him a few more hp. Would you guys recommend any intakes or should I just wait til he wants to tune the car? Any info would be appreciated.

scotmach

Established Member
Not worth it. The stock one does a better job of keeping iat's down better than all the aftermarket crap.

whatsup62

Established Member
Cat delete will require a tune. The Airaid CAI is enclosed like the factory one and does not require a tune. Just depends if you like the looks of it.

CamdZ06

Established Member
I decided to just go with a JLT intake and a SCT X4 tuner. Found a member selling both on here! Thanks for the input guys and i will post up hp/tq gains once i install it.

Rkiser

Established Member
I just installed a K&N cold air intake on my '15 gt. Best way to go if you want to get rid of the sound tube at the same time. It was pretty much a easy swap. But patients with the instructions is a must. Did not show all the steps needed, but I didn't have too much trouble. This and my Roush axle backs required no retune. Very happy with the results.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I just installed a K&N cold air intake on my '15 gt. Best way to go if you want to get rid of the sound tube at the same time. It was pretty much a easy swap. But patients with the instructions is a must. Did not show all the steps needed, but I didn't have too much trouble. This and my Roush axle backs required no retune. Very happy with the results.

Just keep an eye on that K&N filter. The rubber on last one I had hardened at wouldn't stay on the velocity stack/filter adapter.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Too late but the Air Aid with dry filter was good for 15 RWHP without tune on my buddies 15 GT. Dynoed before and after.

Rkiser

Established Member
I wish I could figure out how to post a picture of it but for the life of me I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Thanks for the advice i will keep a watch for blowouts.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Both the cat delete and an intake that will actually make power will require a tune. Most of the intakes that don't require a tune don't make much over stock if anything.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread