intake air temp help!!!!!

2quicksvt

Established Member
what should my intake temp be? whats to hot or normal? 2.3 whipple race gas tune. 22pds boost.... thanks

Tractionless1

Established Member
IAT1 should be whatever ambient is. IAT2 depends on your mods. but typically runs 15-20* above ambient during non-boost driving conditions. Start boosting and watch it rise, sometimes north of 150*, again depending on your mods.

racebronco2

Established Member
IAT1 should be whatever ambient is. IAT2 depends on your mods. but typically runs 15-20* above ambient during non-boost driving conditions. Start boosting and watch it rise, sometimes north of 150*, again depending on your mods.

I was usually about 20* difference when i had the filter in the engine compartment. I now have the jlt cold air and the temp difference is usually around 30+ depending if i am on the highway or in town.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I was usually about 20* difference when i had the filter in the engine compartment. I now have the jlt cold air and the temp difference is usually around 30+ depending if i am on the highway or in town.

So the JLT made the downstreams higher?

racebronco2

Established Member
So the JLT made the downstreams higher?

It didn't change the ait2's at all. The ait1 temps are less with the jlt but the difference between the two are more. I was getting warm engine bay temps even while cruising down the freeway. In traffic with the cai the ait1's would rise drasically but once moving they would come down a little.

Users who are viewing this thread