Insurance renewal

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
How nice to have a renewal of $374.00 for this next year. That is abt $31.00/ month. Thank you Barrett-Jackson.

Sp3edD3m0n

Established Member
Barrett-Jackson Insurance? I guess I should have looked into that before going with progressive this week for $446.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Last I knew most of those collector companies wouldn't do business here in MA since it is considered a "no-fault" accident state. I will have to check into it again, though because I pay more than that and don't have as good of a policy.

redrocket16

Established Member
I spoke with Haggerty about some of this for a car that I recently picked up. Here are a few of what they require:

Usage

Hagerty provides coverage for collector vehicles that are used on a limited basis — e.g. club functions, exhibitions, organized meets, tours and limited pleasure driving.

Storage

Collector vehicles must be stored in an enclosed and secure structure when not in use. Qualifying storage locations include private residential garages, private pole buildings or barns and rental storage units.

Driver eligibility and driving history

Generally, one or two minor traffic violations or accidents are acceptable. We are not able to offer coverage to drivers with a serious infraction within the past 5 years, such as an alcohol-related offense, reckless driving or an excessive speed violation.* All household driving records are subject to review by an underwriter.

Regular-use vehicles

All household members with a valid driver’s license must have a regular-use vehicle for daily driving. Motorcycles and public transportation are not considered regular use vehicles for our program. Applicants must also maintain regular-use insurance in his or her own name.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
This is for the most part all true. I found BJ not as coarse as the Haggerty bunch, note below.

I spoke with Haggerty about some of this for a car that I recently picked up. Here are a few of what they require:

Usage

Hagerty provides coverage for collector vehicles that are used on a limited basis — e.g. club functions, exhibitions, organized meets, tours and limited pleasure driving.

Storage

Collector vehicles must be stored in an enclosed and secure structure when not in use. Qualifying storage locations include private residential garages, private pole buildings or barns and rental storage units.

Driver eligibility and driving history

Generally, one or two minor traffic violations or accidents are acceptable. We are not able to offer coverage to drivers with a serious infraction within the past 5 years, such as an alcohol-related offense, reckless driving or an excessive speed violation.* All household driving records are subject to review by an underwriter.

Regular-use vehicles

All household members with a valid driver’s license must have a regular-use vehicle for daily driving. Motorcycles and public transportation are not considered regular use vehicles for our program. Applicants must also maintain regular-use insurance in his or her own name.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
DId you deal with anyone specific at BJ? I plan on giving them a call.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Well, I did the "instant quote" last night, and it would not give me the option for any liability insurance at all, and I'm not sure about fire, theft, etc., since the form was very generic. I am assuming that they will only write for a limited policy where I live, so it wouldn't be worth it for me.

T800

Established Member
How nice to have a renewal of $374.00 for this next year. That is abt $31.00/ month. Thank you Barrett-Jackson.

That's a sweet deal!

Any idea on how they are when it comes to claims? I have State Farm right now and they practicaly hugged my n*ts when my Wrangler was totalled. Would be hard to switch...

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member

Renewed mine in April for almost the same price. i have mine insured @ $30,000

On a side on has anyone ever put a claim in w/ one either BJ or Hagarty?

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
That's a sweet deal!

Any idea on how they are when it comes to claims? I have State Farm right now and they practicaly hugged my n*ts when my Wrangler was totalled. Would be hard to switch...

The automotive side is like any auto insurance company. They give you a # to call and you file the claim. The collectible side I guess would require a lot of documentation to prove a total loss. The odds are small you would ever need it. That is why it is reasonable in cost.

redrocket16

Established Member
:dw: Damn that is good. My car is my DD so I dont think I would qualify anyways.

You are correct.

Well, I did the "instant quote" last night, and it would not give me the option for any liability insurance at all, and I'm not sure about fire, theft, etc., since the form was very generic. I am assuming that they will only write for a limited policy where I live, so it wouldn't be worth it for me.

I asked about a liability only and they don't do that as far as Haggerty goes. But for their prices you are getting comp/collison for lower than your insurance now can provide liability. Why would you say they only would write a limited policy? It wouldn't hurt to give them a call and ask. Haggerty claims they don't have a set milage that you can drive your car, just that you must meet the other requirements. They would know more in depth and can talk specifically about your situation however.

Users who are viewing this thread