Installed sportlines also today. Car doesn't go straight on shifts

mikestoyz

Established Member
I installed sportlines and a adjustable panhard. Centered it immediately after setting it down. Took it out and rolled into it in 2nd. When I hit the 2-3 shift hard it spun and the car veered to the right. What adjustment do I need to make?
B9270A83-11BD-42BA-AF9E-786EE8A442B5-1693-00000074475A0517.jpg

kona12

Established Member
Looks good wish I had that color. Bot I have sport lines also no problems here ..

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Installed the prokit and bmr phb today and no problems here ... Looks good though man wish I could help

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
I would recommend front struts at least...the struts are set up for stock spring travel and they're outside of their comfort zone being lowered. I had no such problem with springs, front struts and rear lower control arms. Did you install these mods with any power mods? My car felt like a different animal with cai, x pipe and tune.

LCAs and real tires will remedy your problem all things considered.

mikestoyz

Established Member
I would recommend front struts at least...the struts are set up for stock spring travel and they're outside of their comfort zone being lowered. I had no such problem with springs, front struts and rear lower control arms. Did you install these mods with any power mods? My car felt like a different animal with cai, x pipe and tune.

LCAs and real tires will remedy your problem all things considered.

From what I drove of the car, it tracked great and handled great. Only issue was the one power shift I did.
I did have 2 other people in the car and a trunk full of groceries.

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
From what I drove of the car, it tracked great and handled great. Only issue was the one power shift I did.

Only things I can think of are you hitting a bump on that shift that made you veer right or a bad LSD. If you don't have LCAs buy them ASAP, they change the whole feel of the car.

5.0GT

Established Member

So it happened once? try it again on a good surface.

5.0GT

Established Member
Yeah. I had limited time to try. But it's never, ever done that.

Weird stuff only happen when you're with someone that's a major rule haha

Hopefully it was from the surface, I didn't put mine on the car yet so keep us posted I want to know all about it. Check the panhard adjustment again maybe it needs adjustment after you drive it.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Stiffer spring paired with the lcas not parallel anymore will give you major traction issues. Usually when a car is spinning the back end will want to come out so you just have to correct for it. Get some LCAs and relocation brackets.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah like the others are saying, stock shocks and struts will bounce a lot with those springs. When you do the upgrade get some heavy duty sway bars to keep that horse on track!

twistedneck

Established Member
Yeah like the others are saying, stock shocks and struts will bounce a lot with those springs. When you do the upgrade get some heavy duty sway bars to keep that horse on track!

he already has the highest rate stock front sway (stock GT) so you would have to go aftermarket i think a few have them stiffer.. nascar guys run huge 2.5" carbon fiber tubes with splined ends attaching billet aluminum arms all spherical bearings.

if you put a bigger boss 25mm or laguna 26mm rear sway bar on its going to promote more over steer. when i put the larger boss bar on the back it was like my car had a set of air springs that would pump up the rear end going around a corner.. with the factory 24mm bar the car tended to squat in back around the same corner and eventually start to push under neutral throttle.

CharlieR

Established Member
If your car has never "stepped out" on a hard shift you're taking it too easy. :lol1:
I'm thinking with the extra people you may have been a little "hard" on the shift/throttle, to show-off. Completely subconsciously of course. :lol1:

BTW: It looks great lowered. :rockon:

strats03svt

GOT FAST?
Established Member
Which LCA are recomended?I thought brembo cars had good ones.Also,what size sways does a brembo car have?

kona12

Established Member
Lookin at pic looks like you have Brembo package which comes with GT500 LCA , Honestly Ive never had no wheel hop even with drag radials at track. thats why i never replaced them

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Lookin at pic looks like you have Brembo package which comes with GT500 LCA , Honestly Ive never had no wheel hop even with drag radials at track. thats why i never replaced them

Yes this is true.

Users who are viewing this thread