Installed my MGW shifter

svt2003cobra

Banned
I have to say this is the best shifter i have used. I had a steeda tri ax, it was noisey and awkward. This thing is awesome, Great job MGW!!!

I also bought a shift knob from:http://www.store.yahoo.com/racingsuperstore/1920mushkn.html
Its a polished billet knob with a 6 speed pattern. $42 shipped isnt bad.

760412_20_full.jpg

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
You should have gotten one of the MGW knobs, they are awesome. Life without an MGW gripper knob is just not as fun :)

TRBO VNM

keep that shift knob out of the sun. I have had some all billet knobs and they heat up very fast. keep a towel in the car or something and cover it during the day.

svt2003cobra

Banned
I dont like the rubber around the MGW knob, I like all billet. I know they get hot in summer and cold in winter but i really dont drive the car all that much in the winter.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a black FatKnob ball and never had an issue with it heating up in the summer sun. I just prefer a round ball type knob. Everyone's tastes are different.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
That looks like 2nd gear. Can we get a pic of 3rd too please?

I currently have a Pro 5.0 with MGW's shift handle, but I'm seriously thinking of going with MGW's shifter based on shift handle location alone.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
unit213 said:
That looks like 2nd gear. Can we get a pic of 3rd too please?

I currently have a Pro 5.0 with MGW's shift handle, but I'm seriously thinking of going with MGW's shifter based on shift handle location alone.
If you are happy with the Pro 5.0 and want a better shifter location, you might want to consider Jay's shifter handle plate. Here's the link for more info. It's gotten a lot of good reports.

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/ShifterHandleExtensionInstallation.htm

PoisonSnake

Banned
Will the shifter handle plate be needed for an MGW shifter? I like the way it looks in neutral, how it's like straight up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The shifter plate can't be used with an MGW shifter. It only works with the Pro 5.0 shifter. It shouldn't be necessary with the MGW shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread