Installed flsfc n painted completely underneath! anyone done this to theres? pics!!

JAYSVT06

Established Member
Installed sum full length subframe connectors today,help of my dad & his friend with a mig welder, and decided to clean it all underneath n just paint it all!I done this bout 5 years ago n went over it again so it would all match. my buddy owns a shop with a lift so i could use it all day today on sunday with them being closed, ill prob take the rear end out this winter and do a full tilt boogie kit and take gas tank out n paint the rest.
Figured it help it from rusting and make it look nice, even though my car never see's rain & is a garage queen.
Just thought id share
now the exhaust needs painted. although does have stainless from mufflers back

IMAG0223_zps74879611.jpg

IMAG0227_zps7a83457c.jpg

1002556_10100512595258897_93488925_n_zpsc4427cbe.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Painted mine also. Old pic when I still had Flows. This lift was just for painting, I welded them on the car on a drive on lift.
036.jpg

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Not yet, but I'm going to be doing it this winter on jackstands. Up on jack stands and doing it in sections with epoxy.

Looks good by the way, did you brush or spray, and did you scuff and prime first?

I have been researching this for a couple months. My plan is to drop the rear and scuff, wipe down, epoxy prime, epoxy paint.

Supposedly pretty durable stuff and doesnt lock in moisture like an underbody coat. The car is light duty, so I think it will be sufficient protection for my needs.

I also like your color choice. I think this way if you start to get a problem area it is visable, where black or dark colors might hide it.

Last edited:

JAYSVT06

Established Member
Not yet, but I'm going to be doing it this winter on jackstands. Up on jack stands and doing it in sections with epoxy.

Looks good by the way, did you brush or spray, and did you scuff and prime first?

I have been researching this for a couple months. My plan is to drop the rear and scuff, wipe down, epoxy prime, epoxy paint.

Supposedly pretty durable stuff and doesn't lock in moisture like an underbody coat. The car is light duty, so I think it will be sufficient protection for my needs.

I also like your color choice. I think this way if you start to get a problem area it is visible, where black or dark colors might hide it.

Thanks!, i took a degreaser n sum.soap n cleaned it all real well, underneath already has sum.sort of coating on it, lite scuffing pad then i sprayed it n taped.off fuel and brake lines, i like how matches the car sumwhat... But anything protect it under even more has to help

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread