Installed a Lethal Grill Delete Today

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Vid should be done next week (if all goes well). It's not a particularly complicated job, but not really a fun one either. Those 7mm bolts behind the fender liners suck. Car looks mean with the new grills though. I'll post a couple pics tomorrow.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Working on the other 2015 right now. I'll try to get some pics this evening.

We haven't posted about the second one yet. It's nasty.

x65,000

Failure to produce pics for such a thread, op should be banned...even if he is the owner. :lol1:

Got busy installing Red Line Hood Struts and an FTBR coolant tank cover yesterday. Got busy.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a photo for you guys (from a cell phone). It's not that great, but it gets the point across. I hope to have the video finished next week.

Attachments

• 01 Collage.jpg
    01 Collage.jpg
    799.9 KB · Views: 683

K3nMasters

Established Member
I really want to get that grill, but I don't want to leave the radiator completely unprotected. Not that the honeycomb will stop gravel, bugs, etc.., but I feel something is better than nothing. I know I can add the mesh, but I feel it will come out looking cheap..

I also read that the blocked off portion of the honeycomb on the OE grill was done so with a purpose. Something about opening up the grill completely had some adverse effects on the windflow into the radiator. I'll have to look for this article, but the information was posted by a designer who was involved with the aerodynamics of another car manufacture.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Opening up the grill does hurt the aerodynamics. In fact, I suspect you'll see some 2015 Mustang drag cars with fully blocked off grills soon. I don't worry too much about the rads getting damaged. The GT500s didn't seem to have an issue with it.

Users who are viewing this thread