Inspecting Cobra before Purchase

88stangnut

Established Member
Hey guys,

I am planning on purchasing a 2003 cobra from a private seller. I have run carfax on the car and everything checks out ok. I was just wondering if there is anything special i should be looking for when i go look at it.

I know those years had a head problem but not to sure how to check if it was corrected?

Any help would be great

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
You should ask to have your question moved to the Terminator section. There the guys will jump all over this lol. :beer:

Ironhand

Banned
I think Cobrabob has a good manual for looking over a used cobra. Just make sure u dont buy one with a 5 speed like someone else on this forums. T-56s are not cheap to buy brand new.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a long story. I investigated this for the buyer of a 5-speed equipped Terminator last year, who had bought the car from a tuner shop. Basically a lot of work had been done on the car and the owner at the time didn't pay for the work done. So the shop removed some of the equipment to recoup its losses. If my memory is correct the shop had a 5-speed hanging around so it was installed in place of the T-56. The buyer of the car was fine with the 5-speed and a few other abnormalities and had a T-56 installed.

Users who are viewing this thread