Insight on the 2010 Cobra Jet

bearsnake

Established Member
Cobra jet build

Last I heard was that Ford is suppose to start the build on the CJ this next week. Has anyone else heard anything else?

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I think it's AWESOME Ford continues to build PURPOSE based race cars. Who cares if it's not street legal. Be proud Ford is building a car for "strip only" action. Crapy economy? Screw that... LETS GO RACING!

:beer:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
and I agree...if this was a Factory built camaro race car doing this....the GM guys would be all over it

Absolutely not. Doesn't matter who makes it, what it looks like, how much power it makes, or what it runs. If I can't cruise it to the local hang out then I have no interest in it.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
What a waste! Nice car and all but why spend $100,000 on a car that you can run low 9's in but cant cruise the street when you can very easily buy a 2006-2009 C6Z06, do H/C/I/E and a 150 shot and run low 9's all day long and then DRIVE IT HOME?!?!? LOL

I love Ford and always will but they flunked in the Sports car catagory.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Brian Wolfe is the man!

You want to spend $100K and drive on the street FAST from stop light too stop light? simple.......all you have to do is buy a GT-500 and send it too Carroll or just cough up $ 149,995 and buy the whole thing from him. It's called the Don Prudhomme edition Super Snake. Badass and street legal!

Snake Plissken

Established Member
What a waste! Nice car and all but why spend $100,000 on a car that you can run low 9's in but cant cruise the street when you can very easily buy a 2006-2009 C6Z06, do H/C/I/E and a 150 shot and run low 9's all day long and then DRIVE IT HOME?!?!? LOL

I love Ford and always will but they flunked in the Sports car catagory.

Other than the limited Ford GT, I don't think they ever really got into making a SPORTS cars did they? Just can't figure out why peole think the Mustang is a sports car. Obviously it wasn't made to compete with the Corvette on or off the street. Don't think Chevy had the drag strip in mind either when it designed the car, most HARD CORE vette drag racers know (if you noticed there aren't a LARGE amount of them.), the IRS has to go in the long run as the times get faster.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Other than the limited Ford GT, I don't think they ever really got into making a SPORTS cars did they? Just can't figure out why peole think the Mustang is a sports car. Obviously it wasn't made to compete with the Corvette on or off the street. Don't think Chevy had the drag strip in mind either when it designed the car, most HARD CORE vette drag racers know (if you noticed there aren't a LARGE amount of them.), the IRS has to go in the long run as the times get faster.

The Mustang isnt a real Sports car. Its an attempt if you ask me. They try to contend with other "sports cars" thus the reason the 2003-2004 Cobra got an IRS as opposed to a solid axle setup. Ive owned both a GT and a '03 Cobra and loved them both to death but neither has impressed like the Corvette has.

Anyhoo... You are kidding about the IRS in the Vette, right? There are mid 8 sec C5 Vettes still on the stock IRS with half shaft upgrades. You dont get much faster than that before you are using a tube chassis and fabbed rear ends. The C5 was a very well engineered car and can do just about what ever you want it to do in terms of racing on any hard top. My C5 has the stock IRS in it with 4.10's and upgraded half shafts and im running (1/4 mile) 10.50s all day with no issues (knock on wood)! Not to mention that I cut low 1.5 short times on STOCK lowered suspension. Get a Mustang to do that. LOL ;-)

Here are some links for you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5O88I9g5KY"]YouTube- World Record C5 Corvette IRS Run [email protected] SALE $39K[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5tAz35dQ7Y"]YouTube- World Record C5 Corvette IRS Run [email protected] SALE $39K[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread