Insane Airshow Accident NSFW *video*

xenon

Established Member
NSFW..Weak stomach? Don't watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H64xyAfWGBU

Among them were the co-pilots of the doomed Sukhoi-27 aircraft, lead pilot Volodymyr Toponar and Yurii Yegorov. Miraculously, they ejected from the plane after failing to pull out of a difficult diving maneuver and walked away from the carnage physically unscathed.

They left in their wake not only the dead, among them 28 children, but also 292 injured victims in what became the worst air show catastrophe in history. (Unofficial estimates of the injured reached as high as 500.)

On June 24 a three-judge panel led by Vitalii Zahoruyka laid blame for the catastrophe upon the pilots and their commanders, determining that they were careless in handling their military responsibilities.

The court found four defendants guilty of failing to execute orders, negligence and violating flight rules.

Mr. Toponar received a 14-year prison sentence and his co-pilot, Mr. Yegorov, received an eight-year sentence. Prosecutors had asked for 15 years' imprisonment for Mr. Toponar.

The judges also sentenced the head of flight operations that day, Gen. Anatolii Tretiakov, to six years' imprisonment and his deputy head of flight operations, Yurii Yatsiuk, to five years. Safety director Anatolii Lukynykh received a suspended four-year sentence.

Determining that technical problems did not cause the catastrophe, the court acquitted Anatolii Dziubetskyi, commander of the military division responsible for the SU-27's condition, citing an "absence of actions in the crime's make-up."

That ruling was among several that surprised the courtroom audience. Another was the damages awarded on behalf of each dead and injured victim.

Most relatives weren't even aware of how the court determined the damages, and they complained the awards were relatively meager.

"Ten thousand hryvni - is that money? It's not even $2,000 (U.S.)," said Irene Reshetilova, whose grandson, a 4-year-old American citizen named Nikita Bastrakov, suffered psychological damage during the Sknyliv tragedy.

"(Relatives of) those who died received either 35,000 or 200,000 hrv ($7,000 or $40,000)," Ms. Reshetilova said. "We don't understand their grading system."

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I watched the beginning and remembered seeing it before. It is gross and really sad, there were entire families killed including children and it shows all this. I don't recommend seeing it if you havn't already.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
^^^ come on dude, there are times to be funny and this isn't it.

every time i watch that video, the screaming gets to me. i had to stop half way through the video when i saw the dismembered hand on the runway. some sad stuff there....

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I have seen that a bunch of times, what always gets me is after the crash the lack of any sirens or anything from rescue/police, or noise in general......just people sort of wandering around in shock probably...very sad.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Geez - That is much worse then the first video I saw on this. Terrible....

Last edited:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I started to watch it... then I turned it off. There is nothing for me to gain by seeing such destruction, death, and suffering except profound sadness. I'm not going to do this to myself.

yellowbra

Established Member
once I saw the crash of the airplane I turned it off. Thats all I needed to see if anything from that 8 minute long video.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't care to watch it, either. Some things are better not seen. Reading about it is sad enough. Such a sad loss of life. Many who lived are emotionally scarred for life.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
That is crazy.:( This is the main reason I will not go to an airshow.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Oh My God, please help these people and their families!

I have been invited to airshows and have always turned them down for this exact reason. It seems that there have been many of these incidents with pilots trying to show off then obliterating a chunk of the crowd. Those pillots need to off themselves in jail.

mvr

Established Member
thats very sad, clearly pilot error. every air show i have ever been too, the planes are required to fly a good 500ft away from the crowd at all times.

andreas.e

User from Sweden
Established Member
esqeddy said:
I started to watch it... then I turned it off. There is nothing for me to gain by seeing such destruction, death, and suffering except profound sadness. I'm not going to do this to myself.

Its always good to see stuff like this, and get a reminder how short and fragile life is. Its horrible and scary, but so is life - only that we try to forget that from time to time.

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
crazy video, i had seen that posted before and if you can stomach it, it has some insane footage.

you people who wont go to airshows because of accidents are really missing out. they are a lot of fun and are safer than getting up every morning and driving to work.

edit - wtf is with they guy who runs by the pilot and pats him on the back and runs off?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread