input / thoughts on the mcLeod Mustang Hydraulic Clutch Conversion Kit

TRBO VNM

Did you search? I thought about it, but never did it. I know a couple people on here have and posted up.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
yes there had been some clearance issues on the 4v.

but it seems to me that since they have introduced their rst/rxt street twins there's almost not really a need for it anymore. the pedal is as light as a hydraulic and there is less stress on the cable. I would put my money towards that first!

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member
The problem is that cables can still break from getting hung up on stuff or whatever.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
yea I searched but found nothing !! I guess I didn't "word my search properly "

but interesting stuff thanks I've almost pulled the trigger on their twin kit I should have instead of going with another spec 3 plus

suby_do

Established Member
Hydraulics suck. They always get air in them or get hot and in consistent. I'll stick to a cable I can adjust and replace for cheap.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Hydraulics suck. They always get air in them or get hot and in consistent. I'll stick to a cable I can adjust and replace for cheap.

THIS!

We scapped the hydraulic clutch actuator in favor of a cable on our sport bikes (more direct feel, faster clutch dumps and more reliable)..............nothing like getting brake fluid all over your bodywork from a blown slave cylinder seal.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I hate hydraulic clutches and i blame BMW hydraulics for that but in a ford its over kill. A twin disc is already light and enjoyable on long rides or the city. I think you should save your money

You will hate it especially if you feather your clutch. Besides they have problems like stated above.

Last edited:

68gtscode

Established Member
I have a McLoed hydraulic clutch conversion in my 68 fastback. I went this route because the original clutch linkage was giving me problems (bending under a heavy McLoed pressure plate), and I couldn't find a cable conversion for a big block. I expected the hydraulic setup to make the clutch feel less heavy, but it didn't lighten it too much. I am not overly wild about the feel of the clutch, although it is an improvement over the stock setup in that car (which isn't saying much). It did need to be re-shimmed after a few thousand miles too. I much prefer the stock cable setup in my 03 Cobra, which I recently sold, and would spend money elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread