Infractions

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Infractions are like venereal diseases, you get them and then they go away after time!

EXACTLY! Most of them are very minor and they expire. It takes 10 live points to get temp banned. Quoting pics is 1 point.

As Dan stated above, "It means you failed to follow the rules but it was not serious enough to warrant a ban."

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
You're wrong on this one. Bandwidth has nothing to do with it.

I was just replying to someone who suggested bandwidth was an issue. Maybe he doesn't want to spend more money for disk space; makes no difference to me it's his site. Either way I didn't know the rule and I edited the quote.Now I am going to go drive the Mrs2 to Towson and get my new mortgage :eek:.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
damn, it takes 10 points?! I was thinking like a 3 strike, you're out deal. Shit, just give me a point for the hell of it. I dont care *do it LL*

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I never even heard of these.
I'm such a goody-goody. :rolleyes:

Why can't you revive an old thread if you have something relevant to add?

Well see....I revived the "Have you ever S**T yourself?" thread for the sheer hilarity of it. It needed to be bumped.

:banana:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, now you guys have caught LL's attention :poke:. As for the bandwidth thing, that shouldn't be an issue. All of those image tags are "hotlinks" meaning that SVTP doesn't pipe the bandwidth for them. Your browser is going directly to the server that's hosting those images and displaying them in line for you.

I imagine the rule was made more as a courtesy to other users than anything else. it's very annoying to scroll through a thread where each picture has been repeated 100 times.

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
LOL, now you guys have caught LL's attention :poke:. As for the bandwidth thing, that shouldn't be an issue. All of those image tags are "hotlinks" meaning that SVTP doesn't pipe the bandwidth for them. Your browser is going directly to the server that's hosting those images and displaying them in line for you.

I imagine the rule was made more as a courtesy to other users than anything else. it's very annoying to scroll through a thread where each picture has been repeated 100 times.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread