Infractions

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
You'll make them up later, Don.

And I was just driving my wife's Focus today. That's like a point and a half. :bash:

That may happen sooner then later, My wife has decided to wait until she goes back to work before we buy another house. Our mortgage contact showed her numbers of what we would qualify for with two incomes. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad :shrug:

But the rice will be cooking sooner :beer:

Almo

Established Member
I don't make the rules. But I definately do help enforce them. :p;-)

It's part of my job.:shrug:

Trust me, I understand... I was trying to be funny but yeah... sometimes my sarcasm can be lame and I guess I'm the only one rolling around in the floor about it. :-D

:beer: :thumbsup:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Looks like they have a way to prevent qouting pics at full resolution. I had to quote one for a point I was making, and it came in as a thumbnail. Guess that's one way around the problem.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
LOL, now you guys have caught LL's attention :poke:. As for the bandwidth thing, that shouldn't be an issue. All of those image tags are "hotlinks" meaning that SVTP doesn't pipe the bandwidth for them. Your browser is going directly to the server that's hosting those images and displaying them in line for you.

I imagine the rule was made more as a courtesy to other users than anything else. it's very annoying to scroll through a thread where each picture has been repeated 100 times.

Quoted for truth...

Mike's right, can't be a bandwidth issue...for downloading anyway. Here's another reason - quoting an image file in another post doesn't re-download it to your computer. That's not how it works. It just re-uses the file that's already been downloaded. Ever notice how it takes a while for the original images to download to your browser, but they appear instantly when you see them in a "quoted" post? Well there ya go...

Maybe it's a bandwidth issue with the forum database software??

Users who are viewing this thread