Inflation is rolling over

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Starting to see pricing drop. Seeing lightly used current gen Corvettes in the low 80's pop up.
That must be unique to the C8s. C4-C6 prices are still all over the board. Some just plain don't make sense to me. lol
Decent C4 - $12-18k
Base C5 - $16-28k Z06 - $22-45k
Base C6 - $22-34 Z06 - $38-60k

C5Z seems to be the sweet spot and best bang for the buck from my perspective.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a shitload of bonds yesterday and am glad that I did. The unfortunate thing is that the better than expected inflation data is a signal that we are entering a recession which will be here by mid 2023. Inflation is going to continue to fall dramatically.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I bought a shitload of bonds yesterday and am glad that I did. The unfortunate thing is that the better than expected inflation data is a signal that we are entering a recession which will be here by mid 2023. Inflation is going to continue to fall dramatically.

Aren't we already in a recession?

If there is an upside for me, that means mortgage rates should go down. We started looking at houses about a year ago and eventually bought in May. Rates on 30 year mortgages went from 3 to 5% just in that time alone. Mine starts with 4 but I'd love to have it start with a 2 like it was in 2021.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Aren't we already in a recession?

If there is an upside for me, that means mortgage rates should go down. We started looking at houses about a year ago and eventually bought in May. Rates on 30 year mortgages went from 3 to 5% just in that time alone. Mine starts with 4 but I'd love to have it start with a 2 like it was in 2021.

That won't be anytime soon.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking of mortgages has anyone assumed another mortgage in conjunction with a home purchase? Agency mortgages are assumable which means that you can transfer them to someone else. So if you are bidding on a house and the seller has a 2% mortgage you can buy their mortgage as part of the transaction.

MG0h3

Established Member
Speaking of mortgages has anyone assumed another mortgage in conjunction with a home purchase? Agency mortgages are assumable which means that you can transfer them to someone else. So if you are bidding on a house and the seller has a 2% mortgage you can buy their mortgage as part of the transaction.

Wasn’t aware of that. I doubt most realtors are either.

I’m sure there’s more money in originating a new mortgage every time.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Never heard of this, but am intrigued. You assume their rate? Pending credit score and all that I imagine.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Never heard of this, but am intrigued. You assume their rate? Pending credit score and all that I imagine.
Yeah same here. That's really interesting.

That seems like a godsend for the buyer and the seller, assuming the seller doesn't carry the risk. Messing with the calculator, that's a difference of $300,000 over 30 years between todays rates and what I have on my place.

Also, how does it work if the seller has a large amount of equity and the buyer needs a greater loan amount? Just take out a second for the additional amount?

I imagine you'd still have to pay an origination fee to the lenders of the original mortgage.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Wasn’t aware of that. I doubt most realtors are either.

I’m sure there’s more money in originating a new mortgage every time.

Think about this: For the majority of Americans their largest liability is in fact their most valuable asset. Shit is weird.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol! Biden’s “transitory” inflation transitioned right into a recession. Lol! What a ****ing POTATO!

Too bad he wouldn’t take a ride through Dallas in a drop top with Lee Harvey Oswald as his head of security and then go watch a movie with John Wilkes Booth.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Technically we are but this is subjective. Demand and employment have remained very strong which will not be the case 6 months from now.
gqaqo6hlrhhc.gif

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Think about this: For the majority of Americans their largest liability is in fact their most valuable asset. Shit is weird.
Wow did not know that either! One of my best friends a realtor.
We locked in 1.95% just before the rates ballooned and dodged a bullet.
-J

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
You’re talking about Crypto right?

I know he isn’t talking about the houses that friends of mine have upgraded into like 4-5 times every time they get 2-3 raises and are now upside down in, where I have stayed in the one I bought when I made 1/3 of what I make today and is still 300% over what I paid in terms of value? Lol

My math may be off but, I think a quarter midget is a garden gnome.

Users who are viewing this thread