Infineon Raceway on weds...(april 7th) Sign in if you're going!

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
I think I'm gonna have to buy an extra set of rims and run some BFGs on wednesdays...
Are your rims 10.5 inches in back? did you have to shave the IRS bolt or anything?
:beer:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
HEY NEWCASTLE!!!
Congrats on the new great times!!! dude.. the time i drove a 12.3 i went through the 1/8 at 8.158 @93. your numbers are right next to mine.. actually a couple tenths faster!!!(8.129)
Ok.. did you get a smaller pulley??
congrats again.
Jersey

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by newcastle
new best time tonight:

r/t ... .252
60ft ... 1.939
330ft... 5.320
1/8 ... 8.129
MPH ... 88.02
1/4 ... 12.681
MPH ... 90.28

hit the brakes trying to not break out.:rockon:
Damn sweet time! Screw breaking out, keep that MOFO TO THE FLOOR! :-D

Did you do any new mods?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by jmir018
HEY NEWCASTLE!!!
Congrats on the new great times!!! dude.. the time i drove a 12.3 i went through the 1/8 at 8.158 @93. your numbers are right next to mine.. actually a couple tenths faster!!!(8.129)
Ok.. did you get a smaller pulley??
congrats again.
Jersey
You got that movie dude?

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
still on my friends phone.. he has to buy a stupid $99 cable to upload it on my computer.

newcastle

Originally posted by MotoXracer21
I think I'm gonna have to buy an extra set of rims and run some BFGs on wednesdays...
Are your rims 10.5 inches in back? did you have to shave the IRS bolt or anything?
:beer:

yeah, 10.5 with 295 bfgs. i used the buttonhead bolt instead of shaving the stock one.

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Oh and my best was a 12.79, 2 hundredths of a second slower than my previous....but I had a better mph this time, 113mph! I know theres a 12.5-12.6 in this car with street tires, I just need to learn how to do it! LOL!
Headlight trick seems to be workin for newcastle ;-)

newcastle

hey flatZ, hope you make it out there again. you just need a few more runs and you are going to be getting deep into the 13s.:beer:

newcastle

Originally posted by 03DOHC
Damn sweet time! Screw breaking out, keep that MOFO TO THE FLOOR! :-D

Did you do any new mods?

thanks dude! only new mod is the clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster. oh, and some drag radials...

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Sounds good ghost!

Yeah i think the lil headlight trick is what netted me a higher mph, according to other people on the board...

Damn! Tires and wheels are expensive as hell! so much I want, so little money.....:fm:
haha:rockon:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
cough.. i might be selling my stock rims.. cough..
Let me know if you want two stock rims for drag radials..

Chris C

Established Member
well i was there and got some shitty times, both of them were a 13.0 @ 108, i was on 315 Bfg's too. i just got them on the car that day so i had no idea how to launch them, its either bog or spin :bash: :bash: :bash:

newcastle

Hey Chris C,

I was having the same results a couple of weeks ago that you talked about. What you need to do is heat those bastards (bfg's) up real good. Do a nice long burnout until they are REALLY smoking. Try launching at around 2k. Ease off the clutch while getting off the line. This was the hard part for me. It kinda feels like I am destroying my clutch (and I probably am) but it's the only way to get the car moving without spinning tires or bogging the motor. Hope this helps!:beer:

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Jersey, I was kinda looking for some 10.5 rims, so I could fit some 315 BFGs on there....but I dont know 100% yet, as those rims are pretty pricey....

Chris C

Established Member
Jersey, I was kinda looking for some 10.5 rims, so I could fit some 315 BFGs on there....but I dont know 100% yet, as those rims are pretty pricey....

I bought mine used off of someone in So cal from this board, 445 shipped with the tires on them and enough tread to last alittle while. im sure u can find a similar deal.

Thanks for the advice new castle, I tried to find you guys in the lanes, but everytime i walked by your cars, no one was standing near them, oh well maybe next time.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
i thought we could fit 315s on our stock rims. i might get some et streets as soon as i get some money. after that... low twelves baby... or.. a visit to the dealer to get my halfshafts replaced.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Forgot to tell you guys (besides newcastle)..
My car died at the end of the 1/4 run....twice!!! After the run, i put it in neutral and coasted up the little incline, and when I went to brake, nothing....so I pushed in the clutch, started it back up, slammed on the brakes and made the right turn, and the mofo died again!!! Started it up again and from then on it ran fine....pretty weird though... Looks like I need to get the stall fix!

Users who are viewing this thread