• Hp Dam their in all my Magazines

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Forget the Turbos Buy a "JET"

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters

SpookSVT

Established Member
BayareaCob04 said:
Go with hellion. This kit is awesome and who cares if its single turbo with our cars lag wont be a big issue and John urist is an awesome guy that has bent over backwards to make sure my kit was perfect. the base kit now comes with a T76 turbo that can handle well over 900+ RWHP. give John a call and he will make sure you are happy with your car. the main reason single turbo scares people is lag. but the specs on the T76 are perfect and lag should be at a minium with our V8's

I think its the single turbo supras that make us think that any single turbo will lag BUT that this in to mind. a Inline 6 3.0L wont spool up as fast as a V8 4.6L-5.0L.

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/index.php

Thank you. I really don't know what all this hype is over quicker spool. Its not gonna make a BIG difference because you guys have the cubes that these little import motors don't. Singles are more effective on the street and your application.

If you guys are complaining about lag then I feel REALLY bad for the DSM and Supra crowd now.

Tremor

NO MERCY
Single Or Twin Turbo

Everyone has there own idea of why each would work better for them

Choosing single or twins comes down sometimes to your budget or goal

For those who say Singles are better for street over Twins...With the right tune either option would be fine

You can buy the biggest single or a set of Twins

Either way if you don’t have the correct size for your project...It wont perform at is peak. Correctly..

With Turbos bigger is not always better....

You need to have everything specific to your Goal

It’s like Buying 22' chrome rims and saying the car will run and handle the same as 18 inch wheels. Not happening...

Take your time and choose a goal... And find the correct size for your project, don’t buy a Turbo thats too small and dont buy one thats too big for your project. And then get beat by someone with less HP but with a smarter setup and tune...

SpookSVT

Established Member
Tremor said:
And find the correct size for your project, don’t buy a Turbo thats too small and dont buy one thats too big for your project. And then get beat by someone with less HP but with a smarter setup and tune...

That is what I was really trying to say.

99GTvert

Established Member
OK you guys worried about lag with the "big" single hellion kit, their biggest turbo is a 76mm when induction concepts uses up to TWIN 76's. Now who is going to have more lag? go look at hellions website, those things make crazy torque. 400+hp and 500+tq on a stock gt. That is waayy more than what a KB will make and everybody says how much low end those have. I always wanted the ic but with their prices going up and all I'm looking to go to hellion now.

2JZFAN

Established Member
99GTvert said:
OK you guys worried about lag with the "big" single hellion kit, their biggest turbo is a 76mm when induction concepts uses up to TWIN 76's. Now who is going to have more lag? go look at hellions website, those things make crazy torque. 400+hp and 500+tq on a stock gt. That is waayy more than what a KB will make and everybody says how much low end those have. I always wanted the ic but with their prices going up and all I'm looking to go to hellion now.

Lag isn't the main issue, not with these cars.. I find people who haven't experienced lag in-car find it easier to complain about it.. Lag is NOT a big deal, a 76mm is a nice size street turbo for a 4.6L.. myself I'd go 88 but that's me.. As for Hellion, they prove only one point.. you can throw a turbo on any car and make power.. There are other single turbo kits for our cars and I suggest you look at them before you jump on the ever growing Hellion bandwagon.

Hellion Single Kit ie. Kitchen Sink Plumbing + Old School Turbo Tech + Delgate = Big $$$ & Mediocre HP relative to boost.

One thing I will say is everyone at hellion plus that HellionCobra guy "forgot his name" have done a great job at selling the hell out of those kits. However if some of the companies developing single kits now ever materialize we'll start seeing what a real single turbo Cobra can do.

Last edited:

99GTvert

Established Member
2JZFAN said:
Lag isn't the main issue, not with these cars.. I find people who haven't experienced lag in-car find it easier to complain about it.. Lag is NOT a big deal, a 76mm is a nice size street turbo for a 4.6L.. myself I'd go 88 but that's me.. As for Hellion, they prove only one point.. you can throw a turbo on any car and make power.. There are other single turbo kits for our cars and I suggest you look at them before you jump on the ever growing Hellion bandwagon.

Hellion Single Kit ie. Kitchen Sink Plumbing + Old School Turbo Tech + Delgate = Big $$$ & Mediocre HP relative to boost.

One thing I will say is everyone at hellion plus that HellionCobra guy "forgot his name" have done a great job at selling the hell out of those kits. However if some of the companies developing single kits now ever materialize we'll start seeing what a real single turbo Cobra can do.

I definitely agree with you about the hp being a little low relative to boost. The kits make similar hp to a KB at the same boost which I wouldnt expect from a turbo since they should be more efficient but the thing that I like about the kits are their huge torque numbers and obviously their price is cheaper than the other turbo kits. Also I have never seen any of their kits in person but I wouldnt consider bassani piping comparable piping on a kitchen sink.

2JZFAN

Established Member
His kit doesn't make anymore TQ then the other cars.. and the funny thing is IF it did make more then a nice single it their small diameter pipes and plumbing underneath the car. Their price is cheaper? They have the highest sticker of all the companies out using the cheapest components and the worst front suspension.. I think a Hellion kit is about 6,800.00 or so without upgrades, chip, and or MAF.. As for what I meant about Kitchen sink plumbing:

turbo1.jpg

yeah, i know. :xpl:

like i said they do a great job of selling thie crap out of that kit.. John has his swingers (HellionCobra) who push the modular kit HARD.. they got on the net and said we have a single turbo kit without a wait (Thanks Daryl).. done! The price is high, the suspension sucks, the components are sub-par and or outdated, the pipe diameter is small, the DP makes me puke, and the plumbing in general brings tears BUT they still sell kits, they still make power, and they will continue to make money. Someone will always buy it and I don't blame them for selling it. Business and marketing wise they hit the ball out of the park.. more power to them.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I think the 76 is a little small for a single IMO. Also Hellion wasnt the only one having problems with power on the modular kits, PTK was too. I think the problem is with a single kit, there is such little room for tubing in the modular engine bays, that exhast tubing size is compromised. The twin kits all use at least 2.5" tubing PER turbo. I'd imagine the little tubing hellion uses gets plugged up like a potato on a 800rwhp car.

Induction Concepts uses twin GT-60-1's though not twin 76's, and the 60's spool up pretty good.

The tubing on hellion kits is manufactured by bassani, design aside you can't fault them for quality because it's top notch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread