Indianapolis get togethers??? Anyone interested?

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
Back when I owned my 03 Sonic Blue met a few people then sold the car to get a nice pool for my back yard....lost almost all my contacts.

Missed having a Cobra so I had to buy another one! I now have a Torch Red 10th anniv. with a newly installed Whipple :banana:

I just got it all done a few weeks ago and can't wait for summer to start! I even talked a buddy into buying a Cobra too...we're both ready to hit the streets and have some fun.

From what I hear, people last year met up at the old Heritage House at Thompson and 31 (just south of 465). Is this still the meeting spot? Fri. and Sat. nights? Or, just Saturday's? :shrug: Are there any other metting spots?

I live in Greenwood and have made the drive up 31 into downtown and back a few times over the last few weekends and all I could while out on my hunting expeditions were a few ricers that wouldn't even race! Imagine my pain! A new whipple and nothing to kill (except my friends standard pully/chip/exhaust Cobra, hahahaaa...can't clown on him too hard though, he helped me install it)

So......hope to hear some Indy people chime in and let me know when/where people meet up. Looking forward to having some fun as soon as the weather turns a little nicer.

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
come on guys! Anyone? Pm me with your email and phone numbers so I can make up a list of Indy Cobra guys and we can all meet up and have some fun once the weather turns warmer!

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Sounds good... I'm 1-1/2hr away in Clarksville, IN... i'm sure some fellas in my area would be interested as well... when you get something set up, let me know.

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
from what I've heard, there's a big "midnight madness" deal going on out at Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP) this friday night the 21st.

Anyone going? I know that I'll be out there with Vanilla03cobra.

Also, if the weather is nice, I might try to get a group of us together the following weekend. Saturday 4-29.

PM me if interested in meeting up!

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
Doesn't anyone hang out at the Suds in Greenwood anymore? or is that more of a carshow on Friday and Saturday nights?

sedanman

Established Member
Friday and sat. night the place to be in indy is the heritage house its off 31s (east street) just south of 465 on the south side. Its located on the west side of the road (right side if you come off 465). The suds is like a early thing, the real fun is hanging out at the heritage house.

RacerDan

Established Member
well sunofabitch........I'm bored off my ass tonight and I could have went to IRP. I didn't think they started racing this early in the year.

RacerDan

Established Member
checking out IRP's schedule and I'm wondering what the hell this is?

12 - 14 United Black Drag Racing Association (Black Sunday)

and now I know:

BLACK SUNDAY COMES TO INDY ANNUAL, ONE-OF-A-KIND DRAG RACING EVENT IS COMING TO IRP
The United Black Drag Racers Association (UBDRA), organizers of the one-of-a-kind Black Sunday drag racing event announces that the race will be coming to Indianapolis. “It is only fitting that the nation’s ‘Place to Race’ should also play host to the largest African American drag racing event in the country,” says Darrell Williams, President of the UBDRA. This year the inaugural Black Sunday in Indy will be held at one of the NHRA’s premier venues, Indianapolis Raceway Park on May 12, 13 & 14th.

Now in its eleventh year, this event has attracted thousands of racers and spectators to the St. Louis Metropolitan area where the event was started. Event participants have traveled from all four corners of the country to partake in this wonderful ‘family reunion-like’ drag racing event. “Taking the event on the road, will allow even more drag racing enthusiasts to experience this unique event,” says Williams.

The United Black Drag Racers Association was established in 1994 to organize and promote the Black Sunday race that started in the early 80s as a race for bragging rights by some local African American racers in St. Louis. Now a 501c3 organization whose mission is to preserve and promote the sport of drag racing in a positive manner, the UBDRA uses drag racing as a mean of giving back to the community by giving the proceeds from the race to local and national charitable organizations. With the proceeds from the 2005 race, the organization donated nearly $30,000 to worthwhile organizations, including over $8,500 to the 100 Black Men of Metropolitan New Orleans to assist victims still struggling to overcome the devastation of Hurricane Katrina and unveiled an Annual Scholarship to provide financial assistance for minority students going to college or vocational training programs.

“IRP is always looking for new and exciting events that raise the stature of the track in the community,” said Mike Myslinski, director of operations, at IRP. “We feel the UBDRA is a tremendous addition to our race season and we look forward to this year’s event and hosting them for years to come.”

Financial contributions are just one of the ways that the UBDRA is involved in the community. They also participate in car shows, parades and school presentations which demonstrate the organization’s values and educate the community regarding safe driving and positive, substance-free recreational activities.

For more information about the organization or the Black Sunday race, contact Joyce Pickett, UBDRA Public Relations Committee Chair at 314-868-9879.

Last edited:

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
03-SilverSnake said:
Sounds good... I'm 1-1/2hr away in Clarksville, IN... i'm sure some fellas in my area would be interested as well... when you get something set up, let me know.
+ 1 :-D

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Can I start a United White Drag Racing Association? :rollseyes

Reverse descrimination at it's best. Segregation on there terms. :kaboom:

WOLFGANGSTA,

Let me know, I now have an 04' and I'd be game.

Thanks...

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
Oh man, Cobras only, that sucks.....Give me a few years for KB, I play with you guys too, hehe. :thumbsup:

Yeah and heritage house is place to be guys, tons of all kinds of makes and models, but alot of Cobra/Mustang Muscle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread