In the news...

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
It will not be the definitive proof of the Big Bang Theory. But it will be an important part of the puzzle, no matter which way it indicates.

Jim Snover

So how do you propose this vast universe got here?
And how is the article bs?
Seems factual to me, they gunna fire this biatch up
and see what they can learn from the events that occur from the experiments.
This is what will either prove or disprove the big bang theory.
I think this is a good thing.
taking risk is what has allowed our species as well as other, to evolve. It has also led to the end of species, but I don't think this will trigger the events these overly paranoid people predict.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
So how do you propose this vast universe got here?
And how is the article bs?
Seems factual to me, they gunna fire this biatch up
and see what they can learn from the events that occur from the experiments.
This is what will either prove or disprove the big bang theory.
I think this is a good thing.
taking risk is what has allowed our species as well as other, to evolve. It has also led to the end of species, but I don't think this will trigger the events these overly paranoid people predict.

bible.gif

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
My mistake on Joao's name. As for the speed of light, I guess we will see. I'll buy you a beer if it gets re-instated as a constant.

Jim Snover

Jim VSL theory is bunk. It was the hot thing about 5 years ago but Joao (Portugeuse dude) has really failed to come through with proof of the Variable Speed of Light. Again I think all of the examples you provided are in the lab frame. Within the reference frame of the photon itself, it still moves at c. In the lab frame it can move faster or slower.

SgtGreen

Established Member
this is very interesting.... i have read everything I can find on this. Seems as though everything is going to be ok. What the scientist are attempting to do, happens in or atmosphere millions of times a day, we just cant watch it or predict when it will happen. This machine is just a controlled experiment of those phenomenon. Hopefully the billions of dollars used for this "biggest experiment in history" will actually yield a return. I am anxiously awaiting the outcome...

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
September 8, 2008Next Stop: The Fourth Dimension, With Large Hadron Collider Experiments
How did the universe come to be? What is it made of? What is mass? Can science prove that there are other dimensions? We may have answers soon. On September 10, 2008, Tel Aviv University’s Prof. Erez Etzion from the School of Physics and Astronomy will be in the control room of the new CERN Large Hadron Collider (LHC) on the border of France and Switzerland when the LHC is first turned on. Scientists are calling it the largest experiment in the world. It’s taken about 6,000 researchers, $8 billion and ten years to build. Of the 50 countries that have participated in the project, Israel is among those which have made the greatest contributions. Tel Aviv University in particular has played an essential role in constructing equipment for the collider tunnel, dug deep inside the Swiss-French Alps. And when the switch is thrown in September, science may be changed forever.

SgtGreen

Established Member
You guys that keep slinging the bible around are starting to piss me off. You have no concept of science, you obviously don't know anything about the bible. The bible is a recollection of STORIES passed down over hundreds of years that have been, reprinted, added to, and mostly deleted. Science is FACTS based on experiments, trials, time.

PureStang

Established Member
god damnit James Snover!!!! you make me want to go back to my Engineering major!!!!!!! arg!!!!!

DAMN PSU AND THEIR HARD ASS REQUIREMENTS!!!

SgtGreen

Established Member
For you Bible huggers out there, Let me ask you a question?

Does it say anywhere in the Bible... HOW GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH?

Let's just try this on for size... Maybe HE Created everything with a BIG BANG...

The Bible does say he made everything in 6 days and that is a whole lot of shit to make in 6 days. Big Bang happened pretty quick too and made a lot of shit. A lot of shit that evolved and changed form over millions of years.

Does the Bible give you an exact date? Yes, IN THE BEGINNING !

When was the beginning? The Big Bang maybe?

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
god damnit James Snover!!!! you make me want to go back to my Engineering major!!!!!!! arg!!!!!

what eng field? i still know tons of ppl in State College. My 'smartest' eng friends are Aerospace and Electrical. Those guys are serious.

EDIT: About three weeks ago I had the pleasure of visting one of the greatest places I've ever been in my life. Victory Brewing Company. I fell in love. One of my friends lives in Kennett and I took some time off to pop up there and visit. I will be heading back as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
For you Bible huggers out there, Let me ask you a question?

Does it say anywhere in the Bible... HOW GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH?

Let's just try this on for size... Maybe HE Created everything with a BIG BANG...

The Bible does say he made everything in 6 days and that is a whole lot of shit to make in 6 days. Big Bang happened pretty quick too and made a lot of shit. A lot of shit that evolved and changed form over millions of years.

Does the Bible give you an exact date? Yes, IN THE BEGINNING !

When was the beginning? The Big Bang maybe?

:beer:

Next unpleasant topic to a certain religious group is none other than EVOLUTION......

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
You sure you're talking to the right guy? But you know, you would be surprised how often people begin conversations with me with the exact same phrase your post started with. I don't get it, I always thought I was such a reasonable guy.

But as for today's science, technology, and engineering: has there ever been a more cool time to live? I consider myself lucky every single day that I was born in this era, and not, say, the Dark Ages. I know I would have been burned at the stake before I was thirty, had I been born back then. I would have been like the guy who was getting stoned at the beginning of "Life of Brian," for saying Jehovah.

Jim Snover

Users who are viewing this thread