Building Boost
Established Member
Here's a diffuser I just saw...
p3138924copygg9.jpg
p3138917copykx0.jpg
p3138935copyst7.jpg

racebronco2

Established Member
The diffuser looks good on the saleen but what was discussed earlier on my first one is that the angle not optimum and the fins should be closer to the rear axle.

racebronco2

Established Member
Making progress on the aero stuff.

I am working on another hood which happens to be the same color as your Venomous01 but it will be used as a template for carbon fiber hoods or just fiberglass which should be alot lighter.

I just picked up some abs plastic so i can to start making a front splitter. Need to get the areo stuff done for the autoclub speedway "mustangs vs the c6zo6's".

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
I am working on another hood which happens to be the same color as your Venomous01 but it will be used as a template for carbon fiber hoods or just fiberglass which should be alot lighter.

I just picked up some abs plastic so i can to start making a front splitter. Need to get the areo stuff done for the autoclub speedway "mustangs vs the c6zo6's".

Now you are talking Carlos. I'd be in for a hood like yours. Even in fiberglass, you could get it a lot lighter than the stock hood.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I have the cervinis lift off 03 cobra hood. Its fiberglass and weighs 22 lbs now you guys have me thinking about how much lighter it could be if it was carbon fiber. Dang Id like to learn how to work with that stuff.

racebronco2

Established Member
I will be done with the hood next week, then it goes to the mock-up guys whom makes forms for it. It will be then shipped to overseas to have the actual carbon fiber hood made. Then it will be shipped back to us for fit and finish. Cost should be competitive with other aftermarket hood except mine will be proven on that track. The person/persons whom put this together is wildponymotorsports.com.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
I will be done with the hood next week, then it goes to the mock-up guys whom makes forms for it. It will be then shipped to overseas to have the actual carbon fiber hood made. Then it will be shipped back to us for fit and finish. Cost should be competitive with other aftermarket hood except mine will be proven on that track. The person/persons whom put this together is wildponymotorsports.com.

I'm in for the initial group buy..

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member

shipped overseas? were exactly?

BlackStripes

Established Member
Carlos, are you thinking lift off?

Finally a hood with weight and track in mind!! I was really thinking in getting the TigerRacing one... but its expensive and i was having second thoughts about having a lift off hood. With the turbos, i usually leave my car running for at least 5 or 7 minutes after every session to let the turbos cool down with the hood opened.

If you can make it lighter than 18lbs, with good heat extraction and a reasonable price... I will get one, no questions about it!

racebronco2

Established Member
We could make it either way but i would think most people want the hood to open/close using the factory hardware. We are thinking about what would sell the most since we have to front the money for the molds and materials.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
We could make it either way but i would think most people want the hood to open/close using the factory hardware. We are thinking about what would sell the most since we have to front the money for the molds and materials.

A hinged hood will sell much better. People can make it lift off if they want to anyway.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Id rather have a hinged hood as well. I bought the L/O hood for maximum weight savings but with a c/f one the weight of the hinges wouldnt break the horses back.

racebronco2

Established Member
I was able to get the splitter cut out and it looks really good, just need a way to mount it now. I already welded an angle bracket to the k-member to hold the rear of the splitter. Cost for the abs was $90.00 plus 1 cut (10.00) with tax came to $108.00. It is 1/4 thick and i am going to double up the leading edge. The cost for 1/2 abs is $240.00.:shrug:

imga7175mediumqn9.jpg

imga7174mediumkh1.jpg

imga7173mediumvn2.jpg

imga7172mediumfp9.jpg

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
I was able to get the splitter cut out and it looks really good, just need a way to mount it now. I already welded an angle bracket to the k-member to hold the rear of the splitter. Cost for the abs was $90.00 plus 1 cut (10.00) with tax came to $108.00. It is 1/4 thick and i am going to double up the leading edge. The cost for 1/2 abs is $240.00.:shrug:

imga7175mediumqn9.jpg

imga7174mediumkh1.jpg

imga7173mediumvn2.jpg

imga7172mediumfp9.jpg

I'm envious. I wish i was with my car to work on it. Few things:

How far under the car does it go?
Have you looked into better cooling because the car is a bottom feeder and you have effectively cut it off.
On the edges near the ties, put a vertical piece to smooth the air. I was reading a test in an issue of Race Car Engineering where they windtunnel tested a Nobel M12 and messed with the splitter. They put some vertical risers (just a square) and it helped the downforce. It's almost like a canard but it doesn't curve, it's a rectangle.

nfb_splitters.jpg

I'll snap a pic of what I'm talking about tomorrow in my design.

racebronco2

Established Member
Few things:

1.How far under the car does it go?
2.Have you looked into better cooling because the car is a bottom feeder and you have effectively cut it off.
3.On the edges near the ties, put a vertical piece to smooth the air. I was reading a test in an issue of Race Car Engineering where they windtunnel tested a Nobel M12 and messed with the splitter. They put some vertical risers (just a square) and it helped the downforce. It's almost like a canard but it doesn't curve, it's a rectangle.

nfb_splitters.jpg

I'll snap a pic of what I'm talking about tomorrow in my design.

1. It goes to the k-member.
2. The new edge mustangs are not bottom feeders, i posted a video about 3 years ago to prove my point.
3. Thanks i'll have to do that also.

racebronco2

Established Member
Finished mounting the splitter. I now know why one person mounted the splitter directly to his bumper cover. It's because it sits too low. At the leading edge it is only 4" off the ground but the good thing is that it is not mounted solid and has some give either way. Will post pictures up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread