in Need of Expert Opinions with upgrade options!!!

Suspence89

Established Member
This is my current daily driver for time being

Current mods

1. fender well cold air
  2. steed short shifter
  3. magna flow off road x-pipe
  4. flowmaster cat-back
I would like to say that from those mods I would be close to about 450 rwhp but IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!!

I am going to order a supercharger pulley for my stock eaton blower and wanting to know when ordering this if need to order:
BilletFlow Non-Slip Pulley System (Hub and 1 Pulley)

or
BilletFlow Individual Non-Slip Pulley Ring

Do I need to order the hub and pulley or just the pulley ring??

Also, I am interested in the gains from having the lower crank pulley system upgrade as well...

The systems I have found through Lethal Performance are Metco and pretty pricey!
I know my exhaust set up isn't matching and that does kind of bother me but is it as imperative to have matching brands with the upper pulley and lower pulley set ups???

Not to mention is the lower pulley system really worth the bang for the buck as well as very wise to have on a daily driver car???

I am kind of under the impression that I would be pushing my stock blower to it's limits and I wouldn't want to blow the supercharger and cause any further damage to my engine...

White Elephant

Established Member
You'll be amazed at the power improvement from a 2.76/2.8 upper only.
I believe you'll need the billetflow hub & pulley, the rings are interchangeable. I bought both the 2.93 & the 2.76 w/ hub, & 4 piece idler set.(wasn't sure which one to go with at the time) I had the 2.93 installed & tuned. Loved the power increase!
Of course, with a pulley swap you will need a re-tune. That's very important! Choose a reputable tuner, have it dyno tuned, & enjoy.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
A lower pulley is just another way to spin the blower even faster and make more boost. If you port your blower you will benefit from a upper and lower combo. If you do not port it and have an upper and lower you will most likely spin the blower to fast and create to much heat. If I were you I would just do a upper pulley and have it tuned. I ran a 2.76 when I had my eaton and I liked it. Some cars have been known to max out the MAF and fuel pumps with a 2.76 upper but its rare. If you go 2.76 just know that you might need to purchase a boost a pump and possibly a bigger MAF. I would say the chances of maxing out your pumps are slim to none but you may max your stock MAF.

I think with my set up I saw roughly 12-14 psi of boost, 2.76 upper and stock lower pulley.

White Elephant

Established Member
I think my 2.93 setup is around 12-13 lbs. You're better off to just go straight to the 2.76.
I should have used that one in the first place, but can't justify the cost of tuning/dyno time for ~20 hp.
Personally, I wouldn't bother with a lower pulley, but that's just my opinion.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
If it is a DD, I wouldn't mess with the lower pulley, especially on a stock eaton, but that's just me. I would look at the lower pulley with a ported eaton or a bigger s/c; that way I can have more control over how much boost I want to run.

If you are going to swap the upper pulley, you will need the pulley ring and hub, and at least an idler pulley to help with belt wrap if you go with a small pulley like a 2.76. You'll need to get the pulley tool too if you are doing it yourself. You could probably find someone near you with the tool to borrow, or simply buy/rent it. The hub is attached to the eaton, and the pulley rings are attached to the hub and interchangeable.

If you go with a smaller upper pulley, you might want to consider a bigger aftermarket heat exchanger.

I made 467hp/470tq on a freshly built motor. I think I am pushing around 14lbs of boost (no boost gauge yet in the car other than stock one in gauge cluster). My current set-up: 2.8 pulley, 100mm idler, stock lower, Steeda/C&L RAI, Prochamber off-road h-pipe, flowmaster catback, aftermaket h/e (not sure on brand) and a built .020 over stock-stroke shortblock. I will be swapping the exhaust out to a Bassani catted/off-road x-pipe, bassani 3" catback soon. I will see if I can get a quick dyno run on it now that the motor has a few more miles on it when I get the exhaust swapped and the rear 02's turned back on for emissions. I'm curious to see what she is going to make with the motor broken in a little, and the different exhaust set-up.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Op maybe I read it wrong? But in your first post you stated that with your mods you would guess your around 450rwhp? That will be the ballpark range once you add a smaller upper pulley. As your car sits now, you might be around 400rwhp.

My bad if I read your post wrong. And when I made 455/479 my fpdc was maxed out and I needed a BAP.

Users who are viewing this thread