In light of JPC's recent track success, how many have decided to go turbo over a s/c?

Has does Jpc's recent success impacted your decision on a turbo vs s/c?

• I was gonna buy a supercharger, but now I'm buying a turbo!

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I was gonna buy a turbo anyway!

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I'm sticking with buying a supercharger!

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I currently have a supercharger which I'm changing to a turbo!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I have turbo which i will be changing to a supercharger!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I could care less I'm keeping my car n/a!

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MODCOBRA

Established Member
Some people do follow him around the forums and put him on blast for some unknown reason (blazer707), but I'm just having fun man. We went out to BG and got to chat face to face and do some racing. Any fun posts here are just that.

And to get back on topic...turbos ttf

It's all good. You've got a nice set up. I am a fan of all the power adders. But back to my original thought, which prolly was explained very well, has to be more than a few reasons that the turbo craze hasn't taken off. Hell, I am old enough to remember when nitrous was considered cheating...lol

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I never mentioned you by name, if you read your own quote, but now that you mention it.......................:burn:

Just for the record, anyone who considers a guy in the 8 second zone nothing more than a parts pusher, well...........never mind .........:??:

And...looks like you're going to a test-n-tune session on the 26th, maybe you will show us how it's done.

HAHAHA, yea maybe. :poke:

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
It's all good. You've got a nice set up. I am a fan of all the power adders. But back to my original thought, which prolly was explained very well, has to be more than a few reasons that the turbo craze hasn't taken off. Hell, I am old enough to remember when nitrous was considered cheating...lol

Turbo setups are definitely more of a commitment on the install. The cool kits are just starting to come to market as well. Any blower is an easier install and a quick way to the 9's. There is no denying the turbos efficiency though. Blowers are a huge parasitic loss which takes its toll on the motor. If you want to turn a blower up to match the turbos power you are going to make more heat, which doesn't help longevity.

Turbos are where its at. I love me some nitrous but just hard to really get after it with no2 and these little motors.

OG_

Established Member
, when the mod motored cars were the dregs of the earth, there was a kid by the name of Tim Palmer from Texas. At one of the modular shootouts, (anyone remember Dave King?) Tim went 8.38@160 with a stock block 98 cobra, and a one-off intake, and a 91mm turbo.

Hah..good'ole Tim. He's a good guy.

D.T.R

Established Member
The install is definitely more challenging and with more things that could go wrong... but once you work out all the bugs (if any) the payoff is amazing.

poof100

Established Member

Ben, hurry up and get that power adder on your car already! lol.

Glad to see you back in the game stirring up trouble! hahaha.

For those that don't know MODCOBRA, he's a good dude, and all of this is in good fun.

We need to do a "where are they now" Modular thread. lol. Tim's yellow cobra was a beast. Randy's SSO car ran high 7s from what I remember with a 5.4 Navigator motor and a big Turbo back then. Where's Dave, Joe, Lidio, Archer etc. Remember Bob's Green TT Cobra built by Hyland? JPC worked on his latest project, a 12 White TT Saleen that made like 1200+ hp.

poof100

Established Member
Almost. It's a big single. Those damn singles. LOL :rockon:

Oh damn, good catch. Not sure why I put TT lol. Regardless, it's a Turbo lol. Sweet car nonetheless. I wonder if he ever races it now.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I would have driven that car without the turbo :banana:

775701_488705687854491_2048933105_o.jpg

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Some people do follow him around the forums and put him on blast for some unknown reason (blazer707), but I'm just having fun man. We went out to BG and got to chat face to face and do some racing. Any fun posts here are just that.

And to get back on topic...turbos ttf

:) I got no issues with you! And it's funny that you point out blazer707, guess if regular everyday members are seeing it, it's not only me...

That was lightened up....man. Some of you guys were getting down right viscous in a few of these threads, I know it, and you know it. I was gone from some of these forums for a few years and not a GD thing has changed.

Ben Dorn

Thanks Been, Deuce is a pretty good guy! No issues with him, now the one below......

For those that don't know Ben, Ben and me were rivals back in the late 99's early 2000's in the 4.6 cobra game.

Back then we had some of the quickest street driven modular as well. Back then we both had mid 10 second daily driven modulars, in 99/00 those were pretty good numbers.

Poof was one of those guys as well, we might banter a little bit at times, but Jeff is a great guy too. You can't always go with what your reading on a forum.

I never mentioned you by name, if you read your own quote, but now that you mention it.......................:burn:

Just for the record, anyone who considers a guy in the 8 second zone nothing more than a parts pusher, well...........never mind .........:??:

And...looks like you're going to a test-n-tune session on the 26th, maybe you will show us how it's done.

Again, thanks Ben.

I don't follow terry around on the forums, I just think he's a parts pusher, nothing more and nothing less.

Also don't think terry was mentioned really in this thread until both of you...

I am a retailer of parts. If you want to call it a "parts pusher", then call it that. I would thing that my status as and "Authorized Vendor" would kind of let you know that up front....

Why do you think the guys at JPC or BBR, etc.. are here? They are here, because they are paid to be here, to generate revenue for the companies they work for, mainly on company hours on the clock.

I have been a member of this forum since 2001 as an enthusiast. Notice my name is my regular username, not a business name and i'm regularly here til 10-11pm daily. The guys at JPC came here in 2012 as vendors. They are here to make money. Plain and simple. Notice their user names. I was here 11 years before I was a vendor as an enthusiast.

That's not a dig by any means, just pointing out a fact, but you want to suck at their tit, and bash me, when I have 11 more years invested in this forum than they do. You yourself have only been here since 2012 as well. "coincidence". Who knows.

So, to put it in perspective - 12 1/2 year member, becomes vendor - is a vendor to sell parts

and

1 year vendor - signs up as a vendor - is a vendor to sell parts

and i'm the bad guy for selling product.......

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
:) I got no issues with you! And it's funny that you point out blazer707, guess if regular everyday members are seeing it, it's not only me...

Thanks Been, Deuce is a pretty good guy! No issues with him, now the one below......

For those that don't know Ben, Ben and me were rivals back in the late 99's early 2000's in the 4.6 cobra game.

Back then we had some of the quickest street driven modular as well. Back then we both had mid 10 second daily driven modulars, in 99/00 those were pretty good numbers.

Poof was one of those guys as well, we might banter a little bit at times, but Jeff is a great guy too. You can't always go with what your reading on a forum.

Again, thanks Ben.

I am a retailer of parts. If you want to call it a "parts pusher", then call it that. I would thing that my status as and "Authorized Vendor" would kind of let you know that up front....

Why do you think the guys at JPC or BBR, etc.. are here? They are here, because they are paid to be here, to generate revenue for the companies they work for, mainly on company hours on the clock.

I have been a member of this forum since 2001 as an enthusiast. Notice my name is my regular username, not a business name and i'm regularly here til 10-11pm daily. The guys at JPC came here in 2012 as vendors. They are here to make money. Plain and simple. Notice their user names. I was here 11 years before I was a vendor as an enthusiast.

That's not a dig by any means, just pointing out a fact, but you want to suck at their tit, and bash me, when I have 11 more years invested in this forum than they do. You yourself have only been here since 2012 as well. "coincidence". Who knows.

So, to put it in perspective - 12 1/2 year member, becomes vendor - is a vendor to sell parts

and

Lol coincidence...

Thats funny, Ill hold back on what I was going to say since your a vendor and this forum protects there vendors (unless its a vendor bashing another vendor).

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Terry your the only vendor on here to PM me after Ive inquired in another vendors thread about buying something. Ive nevet had JPC, lethal, BBR or anyone else do that.

Ive had mulitple occasions when posting something asking for a price when you try to stick me with a PM about how you have lower prices.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Terry your the only vendor on here to PM me after Ive inquired in another vendors thread about buying something. Ive nevet had JPC, lethal, BBR or anyone else do that.

Ive had mulitple occasions when posting something asking for a price when you try to stick me with a PM about how you have lower prices.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me? Buy or don't, your choice. Don't bash a vendor for being a vendor.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind switching out my Whipple for a turbo at some point. We shall see :D

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member

and

Your personal name is your company name so your point is invalid.

Regardless we also offer tech help and advice to other members when we can. I personally frequent Modded Mustangs more then I do here on my personal time (which you forgot to mention). I think he's referring more to your sales tactics then the length of your membership.

I appreciate you keeping us in your thoughts :)

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me? Buy or don't, your choice. Don't bash a vendor for being a vendor.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind switching out my Whipple for a turbo at some point. We shall see :D

No thats slimy business practice's.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

you ask in a public forum about pricing on a product. so I might have sent you a price.

if you want a price from one person and one person only, that would be much easier to do via pm..

exactly, do you only shop one place for every single thing you buy, if that's the case, there isn't a reason to ask for a price, simply go to the site and click on it and buy it.

again, if you want one price and one price only, there isn't a need to post it out in public, just go buy it.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I never had terry pm me for anything when I asked for parts on any thread. And he knows I buy stuff from him. He doesn't even need to do that because he is a vendor he can promote and sell whatever on open threads. And if he ever did I woukdnt come out buthurt and post it on the forums like a little rat trying to stir bs. I don't know what your issue is with Terry blazer but its kind of silly and childish to be honest. Terry is a great vendor and we should be thankful that we have someone that we could call at what ever time any day of the week to ask questions even without buying anything.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I never had terry pm me for anything when I asked for parts on any thread. And he knows I buy stuff from him. He doesn't even need to do that because he is a vendor he can promote and sell whatever on open threads. And if he ever did I woukdnt come out buthurt and post it on the forums like a little rat trying to stir bs. I don't know what your issue is with Terry blazer but its kind of silly and childish to be honest. Terry is a great vendor and we should be thankful that we have someone that we could call at what ever time any day of the week to ask questions even without buying anything.

if I see a member asking for a price on something I can be competitive on, I have no problem sending them a pm with what my pricing is.

if I have a good price and quick delivery, i'll offer up my services

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
you ask in a public forum about pricing on a product. so I might have sent you a price.

if you want a price from one person and one person only, that would be much easier to do via pm..

exactly, do you only shop one place for every single thing you buy, if that's the case, there isn't a reason to ask for a price, simply go to the site and click on it and buy it.

again, if you want one price and one price only, there isn't a need to post it out in public, just go buy it.

Yea I guess by asking a vendor in there own thread it opens me up to you the vulture...

Users who are viewing this thread