In light of JPC's recent track success, how many have decided to go turbo over a s/c?

Has does Jpc's recent success impacted your decision on a turbo vs s/c?

• I was gonna buy a supercharger, but now I'm buying a turbo!

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I was gonna buy a turbo anyway!

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I'm sticking with buying a supercharger!

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I currently have a supercharger which I'm changing to a turbo!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I have turbo which i will be changing to a supercharger!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I could care less I'm keeping my car n/a!

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bud

Established Member
Slagburn + Turbo =
Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

Game on!

Would be a great true daily driver test for somebody's turbo kit...just sayin

Beefcake, you should send slagburn a pm with a price for a JPC turbo kit :lol1:

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yea I guess by asking a vendor in there own thread it opens me up to you the vulture...

if you don't think every vendor is competing on every product opportunity when they see it and shopping pricing, your sorely mistaken.

I could go on and on, but this isn't the venue for it.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
if you don't think every vendor is competing on every product opportunity when they see it and shopping pricing, your sorely mistaken.

I could go on and on, but this isn't the venue for it.

I don't think it is as prevalent as u assume.... the other vendors are busy actually working on customers cars in the shop that they need to pay to support ;)

::pokepoke:: its OK, its all in good fun

poof100

Established Member
Poof was one of those guys as well, we might banter a little bit at times, but Jeff is a great guy too. You can't always go with what your reading on a forum.

Thanks Terry. Yeah, a lot of us having been doing this for a long time, with breaks in between etc, but we all started out in the late 90s racing Modulars and have a lot of fun. Forums are sometimes a way to stir up the rivalry and get a little fun going, but in the end, we have all known each other for a long time and have respect for each other.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind switching out my Whipple for a turbo at some point. We shall see :D

You know my feelings on this Jon, time to step up to the Snail! lol.

Slagburn + Turbo =
Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

Game on!

LOL. Slagburn's arm might be broken with all of the arm twisting I'm doing to get him into a Turbo. :beer:

Would be a great true daily driver test for somebody's turbo kit...just sayin

Beefcake, you should send slagburn a pm with a price for a JPC turbo kit :lol1:

Haha, Duece made a Funny! :lol:

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I don't think it is as prevalent as u assume.... the other vendors are busy actually working on customers cars in the shop that they need to pay to support ;)

::pokepoke:: its OK, its all in good fun

lol, that's really a yes and no though.

yes, you have guys working on the cars, that are paid to work on the cars, and the shop business shouldn't be dependent on web sales to support the shop costs.

just as you have sales associates paid to work on the web. The shop income shouldn't be used to support the web sales personnel. Anytime you have different divisions to a business. Those divisions should be separate / profitable from each other.

And we just finished up a pretty trick Raptor Roush install, with 2 more Paxton 5.0 installs, on the schedule. :rockon:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
lol, that's really a yes and no though.

yes, you have guys working on the cars, that are paid to work on the cars, and the shop business shouldn't be dependent on web sales to support the shop costs.

just as you have sales associates paid to work on the web. The shop income shouldn't be used to support the web sales personnel. Anytime you have different divisions to a business. Those divisions should be separate / profitable from each other.

And we just finished up a pretty trick Raptor Roush install, with 2 more Paxton 5.0 installs, on the schedule. :rockon:

I agree and disagree... Internet has to support the shop at times, and the shop has to support the internet at times.. Things don't always work out perfectly.

PS- I would LOVE to take a ride in a Roush Raptor!!!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I agree and disagree... Internet has to support the shop at times, and the shop has to support the internet at times.. Things don't always work out perfectly.

PS- I would LOVE to take a ride in a Roush Raptor!!!

it's pretty sweet.

as far as a business, those things may happen, but in a properly structured business, they shouldn't.

Look at a dealership.

Inside a dealership you have
New Cars
Used Cars
Finance
Service
Body Shop
Parts
Accessories

Each dept has a manager. If one department isn't making a goal / profit consistently, that manager will be fired.

You get multiple departments not making their goal, dept managers, gm's will be fired.

It isn't one dept's job to support another.

Again, not saying that stuff doesn't happen, but in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't.

Looking to put an in house dyno in soon vs renting a dyno. I am looking at all the costs of used vs new, plus installation, and looking at what I "think" revenue would be for the in house dyno.

Based on that, i'll put a plan together and decide what direction makes sense business wise without tapping into internet to pay for it. If I don't think it will pay for itself, I won't be doing it.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm so glad that the domestic crowd is seeing the light and now at days you see MANY more turbo'd v8s. Before, like 5yrs ago, you'd see one in a blue moon. Now, when you see a boosted v8, there is probably a good 50/50 chance that is turbo'd.

Fastnature

Established Member
So with these new finding of JPC with their turbo are 8's the new normal for the guys that have forged short block, fuel system, suspension and converter? Seems once you have these things that the turbo will put you in the 8's :shrug:

MODCOBRA

Established Member
Ben, hurry up and get that power adder on your car already! lol.

Glad to see you back in the game stirring up trouble! hahaha.

For those that don't know MODCOBRA, he's a good dude, and all of this is in good fun.

We need to do a "where are they now" Modular thread. lol. Tim's yellow cobra was a beast. Randy's SSO car ran high 7s from what I remember with a 5.4 Navigator motor and a big Turbo back then. Where's Dave, Joe, Lidio, Archer etc. Remember Bob's Green TT Cobra built by Hyland? JPC worked on his latest project, a 12 White TT Saleen that made like 1200+ hp.

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate it. Lidio is doing great. Doing more business in his new shop then he can handle. He tuned my 2014 gt/cs and slapped some parts on it. I had totally forgotten about Archer. I do remember Bob Green. Do you know we lost Mike Tymensky?

I am afraid to get started down this power adder road. I know me. I will be going after you, then Beef and JPC....lol I really like driving my new mustang with the air conditioner on and listening to some tunes.:banana:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I'm so glad that the domestic crowd is seeing the light and now at days you see MANY more turbo'd v8s. Before, like 5yrs ago, you'd see one in a blue moon. Now, when you see a boosted v8, there is probably a good 50/50 chance that is turbo'd.

I wouldn't say it's a 50/50 chance of being turbo more like 3/10....give it maybe another 5 years and I would say it would be a 50/50 chance. Once I build next year it won't be long until I join the turbo crowd, hopefully the turbo market will have a battle royal like they did with the Paxton kits this past April. :beer:

Bud

Established Member
So with these new finding of JPC with their turbo are 8's the new normal for the guys that have forged short block, fuel system, suspension and converter? Seems once you have these things that the turbo will put you in the 8's :shrug:

Time will tell, I don't think 8's will be the norm though. That really is stupid fast and most places requires a stupid amount of tech equipment. A few people have been low 9's to 9.0's full weight without a lot of work. Jon Lund's car with their twin kit has been 9.0, stretch at a 9.2 with the on3 kit.

Who knows though, what people have been doing with these cars has been progressing incredibly fast. It is a good time to be a mustang owner looking for some boost

Fastnature

Established Member
I am a Paxton owner and proud to say that going that route allowed me the little extra to justify a new MMR Pro Mod block. So later on down the road when I have more money I can make big power with no worries. I hope for 9's as my norm..:eek:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I will go turbo once i max out my paxton with a built sleeved block. maybe 1000-1100rwhp? anyways there is alot of time and money in between those goals LOL so it ain going to be any time soon.

D.T.R

Established Member
^ I would be very careful buying a used turbo kit. It can cause a lot of headaches and setbacks due to missing small things. Specially if it's your very first time turboing a car. Might be worth to start with something fresh, new.. with instructions etc.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
^ I would be very careful buying a used turbo kit. It can cause a lot of headaches and setbacks due to missing small things. Specially if it's your very first time turboing a car. Might be worth to start with something fresh, new.. with instructions etc.

I have a friend who would help me he was the first hellion install at home lol, but despite that I can see where you're coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread