IMRC Cable broke...

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
Carried my car to a very good shop who's owner builds and racing fox's so needless to say he is familiar with Mustangs.

Anyways, I told him that my car was throwing out some IMRC codes and he looked under the hood for a few seconds and found that my IMRC cable was broke....so I call him the next week to see how much the part was going to be and all (getting my valve cover gasket replaced also) and he told me that he couldn't just order a IMRC cable and that he has to order a whole NEW intake manifold b/c the IMRCs are made on the Intake Manifold.

Just wanted to see if this was really true and if there was any ways I could fix this without having to order a brand new intake manifold.

Thanks guys,
Simp

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
you dont need the whole intake all you need is the controller box with cables the control box mounts to the underside of your intake with bolts

untchabl

F8LSNAKE
Established Member
I'd delete the IMRC's, remove the controller box and get the car tuned. They can disable the IMRC function in the computer and it won't throw the CEL anymore.

101blur

Established Member
I had the same problem with my car I just had it repaired its not that hard... long as you have some one that can weld good that is..
I went to a bike shop and matched the cable to a bike cable stainless steel and had him weld it up my works great maybe this will help..

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
i vote for the delete them, remove them and j.b. weld the holdes and sand smooth. Have the car tuned and you'll be fine and pick up some power with the tune if done right

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Yeah it's just a box...it's bolts to the manifold.

Planning to FI? delete them.

all other intensive purposes, replace them. Might as well have him clean everything else out while he's there...there's gonna be a LOT of nasty carb buildup around those secondary intake ports

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
Ford doesnt even make or offer or sell the imrc box anymore, so I don't know what intake can be ordered anyway that includes that. I again recommend to delete. MMR has delete plates you can buy. I just have mine zip-tied open for now and no problems, car runs perfect!

carkrazy

Nitrous Junkie!
Established Member
that's funny, I have the box and a set of imrc deletes for sale and nobody has bit.
I even lowered the price on the deletes to 100.00 shipped.

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
Thanks for all the help guys,

I'm going to call him in a few days and talk to him about deleting them...

So all you need to delete them is just to remove the box and cables and J.B. Weld some holes? What holes exactly do you weld?

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
keep in mind that with deletes, you're gonna consistantly throw the code

Users who are viewing this thread