impressions

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
What are your impressions of the ranger raptor. Wife currently has a 22 BMW X5. She is again working for a company that works in refineries. She's going to need a truck 4x4. She had an XLT FX4 as a company vehicle a year ago and liked it.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm sure it will be great. I'm tempted to get one, but really want a Gen 2 Raptor.
I'd want the raptor r, but the price is crazy. she really can't go used as her company reimburses up to 5 years old, so we don't want to lose any time. I'm wondering if the 3.0 takes to tuning as it does in the ST Explorers. I would think it would?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm seeing a lot of tuning threads on other forums. This is an Aussie video, but an interesting Ranger Raptor build.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'd want the raptor r, but the price is crazy. she really can't go used as her company reimburses up to 5 years old, so we don't want to lose any time. I'm wondering if the 3.0 takes to tuning as it does in the ST Explorers. I would think it would?

Don't plan on tuning it for a while. The BRaptor 3.0 still isn't fully unlocked.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
and are all dealers in collusion? I've talked to 3 different dealers in 3 different cities. All exactly $5K over sticker to order. First one that says MSRP will get the sale.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
and are all dealers in collusion? I've talked to 3 different dealers in 3 different cities. All exactly $5K over sticker to order. First one that says MSRP will get the sale.

Talk to Nick @13COBRA. Bought my 23 Ranger Tremor last year from him and their family dealership. But, make no mistake, I get the 1st of his 24 Ranger Raptors he allocated.

Before I went with Nick, I went to our local dealership. Its a huge Ford dealer. They wanted a $5,000 non refundable customer order deposit for the build I wanted. They also told me to expect $10K-$12K in a markup.

Got in touch with Nick and had the best car buying experience. It cost me less to fly to Kansas City than it would have to buy local here. Landed around 1030am, Nick picked us up at the airport. We were in and out in about 2 hours and made the drive back to NC.

1FASFKR

Established Member
I just ordered (Feb 22) an Iconic Silver Ranger Raptor with Spray on bedliner and engine block heater from the dealer that I ordered my 22 500 from at MSRP + price protection. Ordered it Feb. 22nd at 1pm and got a Order Confirmation email from Ford at 4:23 pm same day that said they've received my order with an Order ID. Hopefully I won't have to wait 7 months for it like I did for my 500. MSRP deal.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just ordered (Feb 22) an Iconic Silver Ranger Raptor with Spray on bedliner and engine block heater from the dealer that I ordered my 22 500 from at MSRP + price protection. Ordered it Feb. 22nd at 1pm and got a Order Confirmation email from Ford at 4:23 pm same day that said they've received my order with an Order ID. Hopefully I won't have to wait 7 months for it like I did for my 500. MSRP deal.

If you just ordered it....it will. lol

Users who are viewing this thread