I'm new to the forums hope I can give some good info to others as well.

Yellow_4.6

image.jpg
Sorry to wake up an old thread but I wanted to share for the rest of the guys with a 2.1 KB that want to upgrade the inlet and don't have $1000-1400 for a sheetmetal one. I was looking around all the forums and couldn't find a straight answer weather you could fit a 2.8 Mammoth inlet on our little 2.1 blowers. So I gave it a shot even though KB told me it wasn't doable since there was to many modifications needed. Let me tell u that it's totally do-able i spent
$250 for mammoth inlet
$100 Ford Gt supercar throttle body
$100-150 on fittings and new fluids

Yellow_4.6

image.jpg
I had my egr deleted so i didn't have to mess with this part I just need to run a longer silicone hose couldn't find a blue so I got a green one for now

Yellow_4.6

image.jpg
I also moved my water inlet for the heat exchanger I had to tap new ones to the rear of manifold u need to be careful with this part since there's not much material for the taping might have a shop do it for you if ur not comfortable doing this part. I had good friend of mine tig weld the top one shut for me maybe a 45* fitting would of work but I modified it before since the mammoth one looks like this

Yellow_4.6

image.jpg
Blower is set up with 9lb pulley won't know how much boost it's gona have since it's a new set-up for me and still breaking in the motor & clutch hope this helps u guys out on getting a little more power out of a 2.1 will see how much i can push it.

Yellow_4.6

Thanks @StrayBullitt I will post updates once it's tuned to see what she puts out.
The set up is Teksid block .20
6 bolt Kellogg crank
Manley H-beam Rods
Dss racing 10cc pistons
Patriot cnc stage 2 heads
Crower stage 2 blower cams
Pacesetter Longtubes with matching X-pipe
47lb injectors
The compression sheet on the piston says it's a 10.7.1 not sure how much it will drop due to ported heads and cams but will see
I'm hoping for 550-600

Yellow_4.6

And what's your newest upgrade to your 2.1 Kenne Bell? Did you forget about us? LOL.
I didn't forget about the sight i kept coming back and reading some good info, at the time i joined i was gathering some info for my turbo set up but that all changed after blowing up that motor now I went difrent route.

@03cobra#694 i shared my pic on the Kb 2v thread so I woke up a 3-4 year old thread

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Guess I should update my stats.

Stock 2v engine from an 08 Grand Marquis
2.2 Kenne Bell with oval TB
9 psi pulley
Stock manifolds, O/R Prochamber, SSS Adrenaline catback
E85

450whp, cant remember torque but its close to HP.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I didn't forget about the sight i kept coming back and reading some good info, at the time i joined i was gathering some info for my turbo set up but that all changed after blowing up that motor now I went difrent route.

@03cobra#694 i shared my pic on the Kb 2v thread so I woke up a 3-4 year old thread

Don't, I moved the posts.

Users who are viewing this thread