Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
6fa94fe2ca2ccdc0e0a92efeddc89e71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Necrotizing

Established Member
I just went back and forth with an ASSHAT who wanted a $250 (shipped) part I was selling $100 off the $350 I paid less than a year ago....he asks about the discount if he picks it up.....I reply $225!! NOTHING.....NOTHING.....NOTHING......so I email and he says he was thinkin' $175.......my reply......GOODBYE LOSER!!:mad:
I'll take it to the damn dump....but whatcha really expect from Craig' List??:confused:

I get the WORST emails from Craigslist, Let go, and even eBay. There is always someone out there trying to get one over on someone else. I understand trying to look for the best deal, but if you see items being listed for say $4,000 and selling for $3,000. Then I doubt someone is going to take your offer for $500.

More so, and not to thread jack you OP, can we also highlight how this same generation of ad responses include people asking information that is already listed? I get mad at people more who e-mail me asking a question about something already listed in the ad than I do at lowballing.

Ad states: "208908 miles"
Get an email: "I'm so interested in this, can you tell me the mileage?"

lastcall190

Established Member
CL replies are the worst. I now just state in my ad if you don't provide your zip code when you inquire, I'm ignoring. Actually seems to help as many inquiries now start with where they are located and they are legitimate buyers.

For sell and I am saleing (I'm Sailing!) are equally as funny.

-J

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I agree with a lot of the comments here.

I honestly cannot stand selling things anymore. Usually, I price all of my items about 15% less than the current listings on eBay, Craigslist, forums, etc. Even then, you get the cheap people that come in and want something for next to nothing.

I.E. I listed Basically new Kooks LT's + O/R H Pipe from my 5.0 that had maybe a few hundred miles of use (can't recall exactly) and the setup was over $1,500 new. I listed them for around $1,200 or so, and had people offering $700, $500, $900, etc.

Never really understood it, since there is making a deal and being a complete a-hole to try and pay nothing for something.

lastcall190

Established Member
I.E. I listed Basically new Kooks LT's + O/R H Pipe from my 5.0 that had maybe a few hundred miles of use (can't recall exactly) and the setup was over $1,500 new. I listed them for around $1,200 or so, and had people offering $700, $500, $900, etc.

Never really understood it, since there is making a deal and being a complete a-hole to try and pay nothing for something.

Everyone wants/loves to feel that they got the deal of the century. Ends up causing a touch of frustration, I will agree.

-J

Necrotizing

Established Member
I literally just had a guy message me on Let Go asking me if "the price was negotiable" when the price isn't listed but only states "negotiable". Which on there, means to send an offer. Do we have facepalm emoji's or whatever they're called? I feel like we need them for this thread.

Necrotizing

Established Member
Or....Buyer/Tire kicker posts a reply on the FS ad....

"CAN YOU TEXT ME?"
Yeah. I'm trying not to smash my head against the wall in frustration from this tacit knowledge. I am trying to come up with words to convey my hatred, but I cannot.

Take a screen grab of your ad where it says instead of a price, "Negotiable"

Reply back to the message, paste that picture and then this one

trailer-park-actor.jpg

Ah, man. I should've came here first and saw that. I had immediately responded "no" and blocked him.

I seriously hit that point where if they ask something that's been answered, I don't even reply. To me it is like this, why should I waste my time talking to someone that I know can't even take the time to read? It just shows me they are going to waste my time.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
If you offer something for sale, then you should expect offers ALL OVER THE PLACE. Some buyers will propose 'reasonable' offer and others will fish around with 'lowball' offer. I don't see anything wrong in the process at all, this is the free marketplace in action. We can accept or refuse the offers.

And on the other side of the coin, many sellers ask pie-in-the-sky prices for their items, hoping for some sucker to come along and pay outlandish price.

Lots of varying negotiating tactics out there for sure. And let's face it, we are all negotiating virtually all the time.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Have to critique one thing for those that don't put a price and only negotiable. I would ask the same on what they want, if I don't have a start price then how do I know where to go? Honestly I would just skip over it. It's right there with dealers that say call for price. I'm not wasting my time to find out you're asking way too much. List a price and we will go from there.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
It's all relative. If I put something up for sale it's because I want something else. One could get fast money selling at a great price or one could hold for the big bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread