I'm at wits end with this damn cobra!!

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Fuel filter seemed just fine, wasn't hard at all to blow through. I just picked up a set of low mileage pumps off a guy on here, hopefully I'll see them next week.

So did you datalog your car to find the issue? what did you use? What was your FPDC%??

boxinabag

Established Member
Yes I datalogged mine and it was hitting high 50 low 60s at idle and maxing out almost as soon as I went WOT, than at about 4800-5400 RPM it would nose dive and just cut off.

Glad to hear you were able to get some new pumps, When you go to replace them, just follow this video [ame="http://vimeo.com/2134128"]PPRV Delete Video[/ame]. BUT, ignore the steps of removing the filler neck, it is not necessary, just lower the drivers side of the tank down slowly and youll have easy access to the fuel hat.

boxinabag

Established Member
The new pumps definitely fixed my problem! Which is basically the same thing you have going on!

I will post my datalogs later tonight, but it was a success on my part and it is running good and ridiculously fast!

boxinabag

Established Member
Cool, glad to hear you got yours fixed. I can't wait to get my new pumps in and then get the tune from Rick @ Amazon!

My BAMA tune is actually not too bad. The final verdict will be when I get my wideband installed. Once I know where my A/F is at, I will decide whether to go with Amazon or BrooksSpeed for a email tune. If the A/F is just fine, I will be happy with the bama tune.

racebronco2

Established Member
Here is my fpdc, remember it's times two
rpm % rpm % rpm %
2200 25.11 3600 36.47 5000 44.25
2400 25.59 3800 37.80 5200 43.23
2600 32.54 4000 38.35 5400 47.24
2800 32.01 4200 40.34 5600 45.63
3000 34.13 4400 42.00 5800 48.25
3200 33.96 4600 41.42 6000 48.68
3400 36.06 4800 43.29 6200 47.84
6400 48.00

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
UPDATE: Dropped the tank and pulled the pumps to replace them, found a nice size hole in the fuel line just after the PPRV valve, I don't think it was my pumps afterall! Oh well, putting new pumps in and going ahead with the PPRV delete.

Thanks for all the help fellas!!

Stalker27

Established Member
OP I can bet you that you have a dead pump on your hands as i had the same problem

Edit: Damn i should have read your full post. Your pumps are probably ok then. That hole was probably the problem but since you're already there you might as well change out the pumps

Last edited:

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
UPDATE 2: NOT FIXED!

Replaced both pumps and all the corrugated OE lines with that high dollar 30R10 hose, new clamps and decided to leave the PPRV in there due to all the stories of blown FRPS. Anyways, go for a spin and datalog:

24-25% FPDC at idle (x's 2 so thats 48-50%)

At WOT its at 50.00% (100% FPDC) by 4000rpm!!! WTF???

Remember, Its an upper only car so what else can I do? Maybe the FPDM?? FRPS?

I made sure the hoses were not kinked, everything went together smoothly and I used 5/16" line instead of the normal 3/8" sold in the PPRV delete kits so the hoses fit very snug.

EDIT* Is there a possibility of it being a bad PPRV? I noticed mine was very hard to blow through...

Last edited:

Tims97SVT

Established Member
That is exactly what my car was doing. You probably have a bad fuel pump.

I ended up putting my new fuel filter in, even though the garter spring is missing (if I have to I will just cut the lines and use rubber fuel lines and hose clamps to seal it).

Do you mean the small plastick clips? If you buy a new fuel filter they come with it. No need to cut the line.

Agree I think you have a bad fp or a hole in one of the lines.

slvr35th

Established Member
UPDATE 2: NOT FIXED!

Replaced both pumps and all the corrugated OE lines with that high dollar 30R10 hose, new clamps and decided to leave the PPRV in there due to all the stories of blown FRPS. Anyways, go for a spin and datalog:

24-25% FPDC at idle (x's 2 so thats 48-50%)

At WOT its at 50.00% (100% FPDC) by 4000rpm!!! WTF???

Remember, Its an upper only car so what else can I do? Maybe the FPDM?? FRPS?

I made sure the hoses were not kinked, everything went together smoothly and I used 5/16" line instead of the normal 3/8" sold in the PPRV delete kits so the hoses fit very snug.

EDIT* Is there a possibility of it being a bad PPRV? I noticed mine was very hard to blow through...
I did a pprv delete on mine, and maxed out a 480 with a bap. i think the the new gates line kinks off when trying to force it to bend around so much. My buddy on the other hand left the ribbed line until the y and then used the gates line to run to the hat he is only 68% at 500hp.
I believe the rubber gates hose is a shitty idea. I even tried to use one of the coil thing you pick up from o reillys to help the kinking.
just ditch the whole stock thing go with a fore hat and twin gt pumps and call it good. If you do this you will need to have a tuner correct your fuel tables also.
Good luck with your problem, hope everything works out:beer:

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
I really wished I would have left the factory hose from the pumps to the "Y" and just replaced the single line up to the outlet but with a hole in my factory line I didn't trust the rest of it staying in there. There has GOT to be a place to by this line!!! I agree, the gates hose is garbage in this application, too sharp of bends for it.

slvr35th

Established Member
Have two brand new pieces if ya wanna pay a small fee and shipping. I could have them shipped out tomorrow.
Nick

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Thanks Nick but I just found that corrugated hose that was on there from the factory, $3 each for 15" pieces! Got some on the way, I appreciate the offer tho.

boxinabag

Established Member
Thanks Nick but I just found that corrugated hose that was on there from the factory, $3 each for 15" pieces! Got some on the way, I appreciate the offer tho.

This is upsetting to hear, please keep us posted as to what you find. I am very interested to see what is causing your problem.

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Will do! I'm losing sleep over this! Can't stand it when my girl doesn't run right lol!!

Hopefully I'll get the tank dropped again this w/e and see what I can find, I think I'm going to modify that PPRV, seen a post where a guy took the restrictive check valve out of it but left it on so it could maintain its pressure bleed off function. Might just see how I can redo the hoses on the pumps/hat assembly also. I'm really leaning towards putting the "Y" outside the tank and giving both pumps a straight shot at the top of the fuel hat...

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
racin4ds, i have been following your problems closely.. I too have a predator and just started playing with it and finally found out FP is our FPDC :) I have stock pumps and only a 2.76 upper and now see it hit's 50% (x2=100) on WOT, and my wideband shows a perfect afr....

you would think you would go lean if the pumps are maxed but the wideband shows it's "ok" I bought a BAP and 60lb INJ/mafia for when I put on my posi-ported blower, but looks like I'm gonna have to install the BAP now.

sorry for all your problems, and hope you get it all fixed....

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
racin4ds, i have been following your problems closely.. I too have a predator and just started playing with it and finally found out FP is our FPDC :) I have stock pumps and only a 2.76 upper and now see it hit's 50% (x2=100) on WOT, and my wideband shows a perfect afr....

you would think you would go lean if the pumps are maxed but the wideband shows it's "ok" I bought a BAP and 60lb INJ/mafia for when I put on my posi-ported blower, but looks like I'm gonna have to install the BAP now.

sorry for all your problems, and hope you get it all fixed....

Thanks for following, hopefully with all the help from you guys on here I'll get this sorted out. Found that corrugated factory type line finally, just waiting for it to get here then I'm dropping the tank and plan to replace just the two 180* bends off the pumps with the corrugated stuff and the rest will be the 30R10 line and I think I'm getting rid of that pesky PPRV!!

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
i had the same problem and my pprv bled 50% of the fuel going through it.ihad thought it was a bad pump so i replaced them and my FPDC was the same.took the hat off and tested the pumps outside the car in a bucket of gasoline and almost all the fuel the pumps were pumping the pprv was spitting out.my FPDC was 100% at 5k with 2 focus pumps.deleting the pprv 2moro, will keep every1 posted.

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
i had the same problem and my pprv bled 50% of the fuel going through it.ihad thought it was a bad pump so i replaced them and my FPDC was the same.took the hat off and tested the pumps outside the car in a bucket of gasoline and almost all the fuel the pumps were pumping the pprv was spitting out.my FPDC was 100% at 5k with 2 focus pumps.deleting the pprv 2moro, will keep every1 posted.

Sounds exactly like my issue! Please let me know what you find. I'm gonna go ahead and do the same thing and probably redo the routing of my in-tank hose to try and eliminate any chance of kinking.

Users who are viewing this thread