I'm at wits end with this damn cobra!!

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
did the pprv delete which was kinda a pita because the hoses like to kink.it was pouring rain here and i think it will be 2moro also so i havnt had a chance to datalog again,but as soon as i can il post the results.

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Problem still not fixed!! I'm really getting pissed at this car..

Dropped the tank again tonight, lines were fine, no kinks and no popped hoses. Figured I'd go ahead and put the new corrugated plastic fuel lines back on just to eliminate any chance of kinks, YEA RIGHT, that plastic stuff barely fits over the pumps and will not go over the "Y" fitting no matter how hard you try, used boiling water and all, no go.

So... I put it all back together with the gates hose, made sure of NO kinks, and deleted that pesky PPRV!

Idle FPDC is down a few but still at 42-46%

WOT- hits 100% FPDC by 5500rpm with my 3.400" pulley on, took the 2.76 off untill I get this all sorted out....

Any ideas guys? I'm tired of throwing money at this thing with guessing. I CANNOT drop $500+ right now on a Fore hat and GT pumps so don't bother...

Can the FPDM possibly be doing this????

slvr35th

Established Member
I can still send ya tge hose I have if you pay shipping! I'm sorry your having troubles with this. I can make over 500 no
Matter how much money I spend in upgrades. The tuners said 91 won't support it. Yeah right. Lmk

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
I can still send ya tge hose I have if you pay shipping! I'm sorry your having troubles with this. I can make over 500 no
Matter how much money I spend in upgrades. The tuners said 91 won't support it. Yeah right. Lmk

Thanks slvr, I couldn't even begin to get that stuff on though! Ford must use some special procedure of heating the ends of that hose to get it to fit. I just put the gates hose in there, plenty of others out there with this and not having problems.

You can make over 500 with 91, you just need a tuner! if your tuner says he can't then its time to find another! :beer:

slvr35th

Established Member
I know this hose cane right off the gt pumps after the clamps were removed. Yeah my idle is still acting funny so I called the shop and ask to tge tuner and the informed me he had been let go cause 80% of the customers returned fir different issues. So now I'm going to take the car back for a retune cause i know the car is capable of 600 mark. But I'm sick of my car too. When ya spend 700 on a fuel system and make the same power.

SVT Pille

Established Member
Ok guys, need some serious help here, I've owned my Cobra for a little over two months now, shortly after I bought the car it developed an issue of not pulling past 5000rpm, it goes flat and bucks violently almost like someone is pulling a plug! Other than that it runs perfect down low and around town. This problem only exists when I go WOT. The car builds boost and holds it steady throughout so its not belt slip
:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Sounds like what my '94 did when I first got it, completely different car but same idea... Had a huge miss and wouldn't pull past 5 grand, made a loud popping noise (like a 2 step almost) and would go flat. Re did my ignition with all MSD parts and NGK plugs problem solved.

Also, do you have a new MAF? When I got mine the rubber fitting from the old unit got stuck in the wiring harness so the fitting on the new one wouldnt allow a new connection. Car wouldn't pull past 5 grand but no popping this time, felt like a fuel cut out. Once I fixed the connection car ran smooth.

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
i deleted the pprv and it fixed my problem.90% FPDC at redline. and yea a faulty FPDM can cause the problems your describing.

Last edited:

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
i deleted the pprv and it fixed my problem.90% FPDC at redline. and yea a faulty FPDM can cause the problems your describing.

Glad it cured your problem man, wish I had been that lucky. Still looking for a good FPDM to swap in my car just to see if that was the issue all along. Too bad I can't find someone local that will just swap me for a bit to see if its my problem.

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
thats how i tested mine.i had a buddy give me his which I know was working and did a pull,but that wasnt the key to my problem.im sure someone is in your area that would help you out and let you borrow it.

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Anyone have a FPDM that I could borrow for a quick test? I'd pay any and all shipping just to try it, don't wanna go and buy one and find that its not my problem.

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Well kinda... put the 3.4" pulley back on, reloaded the canned Diablo tune and its running great. FPDC doesn't go over 80% I guess I just have one of those Cobras that needs upgraded pumps/FPDM in order to run a 2.76 upper, maybe its a factory freak, it does run pretty damn good with just a 3.4 upper!

01trublue cobra

Established Member
Well kinda... put the 3.4" pulley back on, reloaded the canned Diablo tune and its running great. FPDC doesn't go over 80% I guess I just have one of those Cobras that needs upgraded pumps/FPDM in order to run a 2.76 upper, maybe its a factory freak, it does run pretty damn good with just a 3.4 upper!

update?

Users who are viewing this thread