If you had to get a brand new car w/awd

CM5878

Established Member
Looking for several DD ideas for something under 40k with AWD that wont be boring. Is the Focus RS too boy racer ish for someone in their mid 30's?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
40k new?

If not, Audi S4 or the S3 after a year or two.

I've been in the same boat OP. The Charger and 300C also come in an AWD platform if you want/need a V8.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I drive an '02 all Explorer and have been tempting the idea of an MKS or SHO with a cai, dp and tune. But if you're stuck on a hatch, the RS is sounding very promising, otherwise Golf R for me with the DSG transmisson.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
I drive an '02 all Explorer and have been tempting the idea of an MKS or SHO with a cai, dp and tune. But if you're stuck on a hatch, the RS is sounding very promising, otherwise Golf R for me with the DSG transmisson.

I didn't even think of the SHO until you mentioned it, they've fallen off the radar but it should meet the requirement for "fun" AWD.

Never_Enough

Established Member
If it has to be a new car, then the S4 is out. The S3 starts at $41k. If the S4 fit the $ criteria, I'd say S4 or even a BMW 435i xDrive.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
RS fo sho! It's new to our market so it's going to make a big entrance compared to its competition.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
It's a bit over budget, but I ordered an S3 a few weeks ago. It's a perfect daily driver, definitely a driver's car. I haven't seen any reviews or owners that have a single bad thing to say about the car.

It seems like most people are getting decent deals on them. MSRP on my order was 46,245 and I got it for 43,245 before taxes/title/tags.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
It's a bit over budget, but I ordered an S3 a few weeks ago. It's a perfect daily driver, definitely a driver's car. I haven't seen any reviews or owners that have a single bad thing to say about the car.

It seems like most people are getting decent deals on them. MSRP on my order was 46,245 and I got it for 43,245 before taxes/title/tags.
How fast are they supposed to be in the 1/4 I imagine a good tune & they are faster than an S4 in short order w/the turbo.

I've driven several S4s & S5s. I am partial to the S4. Love them. have not driven an S3 yet.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My Evo X was pretty sick, but it was a little north of $40K. But for what you are looking for, I would go for a WRX.

Users who are viewing this thread