If You Had $10,000 to build a fox what would you do?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Ok well here is my dilemma, I don't really want to keep throwning money into my Cobra. I love everything about this car but I really want to try something different. Here is my thought:

I was thinking about picking up a Fox and building it. I want to spend under $10,000 though. That would included everything from the purchase of the car to the motor, fuel system, mods, paint, bodywork, interior, everything. I don't need the best looking car but I want something just as fun, loud, and fash as my cobra. I know nothing about the fox body mustangs but my buddy has built several so he would give me a hand with everything.

I have thought about throwing an 03 Cobra motor in the car but that would go over my budget.

What have you fox guy spent on your cars and does this plan sound withing reason? I know people set budgets and always go over so maybe I need to set it at 7 grand, either way I will probably get the car for $500 and start tearing it apart.

Help :rockon:

:beer:

JasonSnake

Established Member
I guess just try to find one that's been tastefully modded already? Could be cheaper for you that way so you don't spend more $$ on new stuff...

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Yeah that's not as fun though lol

I would think it would be cheaper to do everything myself rather than to buy one already done. Or am I wrong? It seems like even a pos 5.0 that's got a ton of miles goes for $5,000.

tistan

Established Member
It would be hard to to a built motor and a power adder. If I was going to build a fox, I would start with a 10:1 compression 408 stroker motor with a good set of heads and intake. I would then do suspension and rear end. If I had any money after that I would get a good transmission. That would probably put you over the $10k limit. I would extend the limit and make the interior nice again. No way your getting a $500 fox that doesn't need the interior refurbished.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
No building your own, even if you started with a 4 cylinder notch or something is going to cost more then buying one already done.

for 10 grand, you could pick up something with either a supercharged 5.0 or a H/C/I 347. Or maybe even a supercharged H/C/I 347 if you look hard enough. lol

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I wouldn't want to go with a turbo either, probably like a built N/A motor with an unnecesessary cam lol

But that does give me an idea prices

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Man well maybe I'll wait for somone in the area looking for a trade. But I doubt anyone would want to trade their built fox + like $15 grand for a Terminator

Common

Established Member
Buy one finished already. Since modding cars gives a return on cents on a dollar, it's cheaper to look for what you want and buy it.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I would have bought that nasty black one on here for $9,500....I think it just sold too.

Ok well here is my dilemma, I don't really want to keep throwning money into my Cobra. I love everything about this car but I really want to try something different. Here is my thought:

I was thinking about picking up a Fox and building it. I want to spend under $10,000 though. That would included everything from the purchase of the car to the motor, fuel system, mods, paint, bodywork, interior, everything. I don't need the best looking car but I want something just as fun, loud, and fash as my cobra. I know nothing about the fox body mustangs but my buddy has built several so he would give me a hand with everything.

I have thought about throwing an 03 Cobra motor in the car but that would go over my budget.

What have you fox guy spent on your cars and does this plan sound withing reason? I know people set budgets and always go over so maybe I need to set it at 7 grand, either way I will probably get the car for $500 and start tearing it apart.

Help :rockon:

:beer:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
See I like the building process, taking it from nothing to a bad ass car. I would hate to have the car and tell everyone I bought it like that. I don't know.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Fuel injected big block, with as much aluminum as possible, T-56, and 03 Cobra IRS.

I've seen people put the IRS on them but I don't know if I would rather have that or a solid. I hate being worried somthing is going to break but I have been lucky thus far.

Doesn't the IRS stick out a but further on those cars?

I was thinking of tubbing it and running some stupid wide tires out back but then I don't want to go too crazy with it either.

IDK I've thrown around so many ideas it's not even funny.

Users who are viewing this thread