If you could...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
lol...that would be my one regret, not banging more whores before I tied the knot.

Dont regret it. I did what you wish you had done and I now wish I could be married with a family instead, but Im likely not because I spent so much time banging random sloots.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
If we don’t have regrets through life, then we haven’t learned anything.
ion.us_A-WISE-MAN-learns-from-his-mistakes.-A-wiser-man-learns-from-others-mistakes_136345090072.jpg

faster1

Established Member
Some good, some bad ideas here but to each his own.
1. Have a dream...
2. Your good at something and you enjoy doing it (legal stuff dude) find a way to make that your "work".
3. Yes save for a rainy day but don't let your world revolve around it.
4. Figure out if you are the type of person to have kids/family or not; before you have kids/family.
5. If you decide to love a woman than she is the only one you say that to and you never betray her.

1. I abandoned my dream/opportunity to play pro baseball in my early 20's to make money and party and have regretted it ever since.
2. I'm a really good mechanic and worked for Yamaha building race engines. I loved going to work but listened to family, went to college and became a contractor (mistake and regretted it for 40 years)
3. Made tons of money, blew a lot of it but spent the rest/savings on medical bills insurance would not cover for my son. I'm comfortable but wealth is gone.
4. Got married, had kids love them dearly and they are the most important thing to me as a sense of responsibility is the single stongest attribute I have but probabaly should not done the family thing as life is showing me I made mistakes I can't correct with them.
5. My first wife betrayed me and I have never betrayed my second wife (30 years now)

Lastly, got drafted in 71 but placed in inactive reserve. I should have enlisted and regretted not really serving my country ever since (again listened to family which was a mistake).

Mikey

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
When the gen1 Raptor came out I could have gotten one at sticker (brother worked for the dealer and i bought a shit ton of cars from them). It was a blue supercab and i bitched out like a punk. Still kick myself in the ass for that one

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If we don’t have regrets through life, then we haven’t learned anything.
True that! If you never cared enough about something to give an effort all you've got, win or lose, you still lose. You may give it everything you've got and still fail, there's no guarantees. But everything you don't try, you don't get.

No regrets means you lost out, big; and you did it to yourself.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Several days now, this thread has been triggering a long distant memory. Finally got it. Damn 57-year old neurons!

If, by Rudtard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd go back to May 7, 1997...I'd win the $36,370,674 Powerball. Then after I paid taxes I would take my rough $25,000,000 and buy 14,450,867 shares of Amazon at $1.73 a share. Then I would sell September of 2018 when stock prices reach $1,952/share, and walk away with my $20billion after taxes.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
+1 on the trying not to live in the past or letting my past get at my head too much. Also +1 for never really planning on "retiring" when I am older. My dad, grandparents, and pretty much everyone I know never stops working and that's helped me a lot in how I do my job.

The ONE thing I wish I would have done would've been what I chose to do right after high school. I wasted two years at a junior college I hated, quit, applied and started working at my job I have now which I also hate. I make good money, great benefits and as long as there are still people buying vehicles, my job is going nowhere. I can move up if I want, but it's not worth it.

I wish instead of doing that, I would have joined the local union/went to lineman school. I'd be making double the money I am now, have better benefits, working with people that would actually have the same thoughts/passions as myself, and just all around doing something that would actually be enjoyable. Everyone tells me how I can "still do it because you're young" and while I agree, it would be tough to leave the job I'm at now because of the position I'm in right now.

In the smaller scheme; I wish I wouldn't have spent a shit load of money on my car, sold it, sold my 06, and bought this truck I have now. I could have kept the car like it was, kept my old truck and had a badass house by now. But I was a young dumb kid wanting a fast car.

Rare40th

Established Member
A lot of similar regrets between members here.

Mine would be:
1) Getting to know my Grandpa better before he passed away when I was 10.
2) spending more time with my Uncle that passed away when I was 14 (who got me into Mustangs/Cobra's)
3) Paying more attention to school instead of dicking around like I did.
4) getting my cdl after graduation, still haven't done it and there's time but damn I could have 9 years of experience already
5) Getting into fitness when I was in my mid teens
6) taking golf more serious. 6.3 handicap as of today but just thinking of what I could have done back in high school with golf as possibly a career
7) Exploring flight school or even becoming a cruise captain

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
A lot of similar regrets between members here.

Mine would be:
1) Getting to know my Grandpa better before he passed away when I was 10.
2) spending more time with my Uncle that passed away when I was 14 (who got me into Mustangs/Cobra's)
3) Paying more attention to school instead of dicking around like I did.
4) getting my cdl after graduation, still haven't done it and there's time but damn I could have 9 years of experience already
5) Getting into fitness when I was in my mid teens
6) taking golf more serious. 6.3 handicap as of today but just thinking of what I could have done back in high school with golf as possibly a career
7) Exploring flight school or even becoming a cruise captain
Any reason for the CDL? I have mine it’s been useless to me. Unless you want to be OTR.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
+1 on the trying not to live in the past or letting my past get at my head too much. Also +1 for never really planning on "retiring" when I am older. My dad, grandparents, and pretty much everyone I know never stops working and that's helped me a lot in how I do my job.

The ONE thing I wish I would have done would've been what I chose to do right after high school. I wasted two years at a junior college I hated, quit, applied and started working at my job I have now which I also hate. I make good money, great benefits and as long as there are still people buying vehicles, my job is going nowhere. I can move up if I want, but it's not worth it.

I wish instead of doing that, I would have joined the local union/went to lineman school. I'd be making double the money I am now, have better benefits, working with people that would actually have the same thoughts/passions as myself, and just all around doing something that would actually be enjoyable. Everyone tells me how I can "still do it because you're young" and while I agree, it would be tough to leave the job I'm at now because of the position I'm in right now.

In the smaller scheme; I wish I wouldn't have spent a shit load of money on my car, sold it, sold my 06, and bought this truck I have now. I could have kept the car like it was, kept my old truck and had a badass house by now. But I was a young dumb kid wanting a fast car.
I hear you with the union thing. Been trying for 5 straight years to get into 3 local unions and it’s damn near impossible. But, everyone I know including my own brother that’s in a union say it’s amazing.

Last edited:

Rare40th

Established Member
Any reason for the CDL? I have mine it’s been useless to me. Unless you want to be OTR.

I buy and sell used rigs for a living with my old man. Some days it just comes in handy for moving the equipment and having to rely on finding someone/paying someone else to do it. And I grew up around it, so if I ever decided to get behind the wheel then it would be nice to have it already.

What is it you do for a living that you have one Bub?

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I buy and sell used rigs for a living with my old man. Some days it just comes in handy for moving the equipment and having to rely on finding someone/paying someone else to do it. And I grew up around it, so if I ever decided to get behind the wheel then it would be nice to have it already.

What is it you do for a living that you have one Bub?
I’m a service advisor currently. Was into heavy equipment for awhile but it just doesn’t pay well enough.

Coiled03

Established Member

I mean....you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. If you can get on, and you truly think you'd enjoy it, why wouldn't you do it? To hell with the position you're in, now.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I hear you with the union thing. Been trying for 5 straight years to get into 3 local unions and it’s damn near impossible. But, everyone I know including my own brother that’s in a union say it’s amazing.

A few of my hunting buddies are in the local union and have nothing bad to say. They always talk about how great of a deal it is. I'm hoping I am able to get in. I took all the tests a few weeks ago and got one off the highest on every single one so I am thinking that could help me a lot. I guess we will see. I'd be taking a pay cut off the bat by a few $/hr but the fact that in the same amount of time I've spent at my current job, I will be making probably $8-10 more an hour than I am now... The benefits would also be better. I also really like the idea of when you'd become a journeyman, you can literally go anywhere you want.

I mean....you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. If you can get on, and you truly think you'd enjoy it, why wouldn't you do it? To hell with the position you're in, now.

I actually applied along with my brother a few weeks back. Interview in May. It's all a waiting game, now. It would be a big change to what I do now as I wouldn't be 100% on exactly what I would be doing. I mean, I have a very solid idea obviously but you also never know what job will bring what to the table. But, I also had no idea what I would be doing when I applied to where I am now so there is no difference. I would without a doubt enjoy it more than what I am doing now. I got lucky with being where I am now and I still don't enjoy anything about it.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I have some regrets and have suffered loss along the way, but here I am. I am happy and content with where I am now. My past led to today. I have learned and grown a lot as a result. I would not want to alter my past if it alters my present.

Users who are viewing this thread