If you could own 1 old school sports car what would it be and why?

LOLasaurus

Established Member
Pics required

For me it'd be the good ol Ferrari F40

Why? Because I believe it represents an age the sports car world will never see again. Nowadays people mainly buy ferraris, lambos, and porsches for the badge thats on the hood.

This was a true balls to the wall sports car, no carpet, no audio system, no power windows. If you bought this car it was because you were a car enthusiast not a collector or a jackass with too much money.

Ferrari%20F40.jpg

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
and old 1981 Mazda RX7 just for the fun of it. I always loved the looks of one but never even driven one.

I'd love to drive the original Ford GT from the 60s also. This of course needs no explanation as to why.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
an original Shelby cobra or a Triumph TR2 not a big fan of the expensive cars. One of the original Jags ..

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge, growing up my uncle used to cry daily about selling his... always herd about when he owned it and his "glory" days... always made me want to own one... When I bought my 03 Mach1 and took him for a ride I just remember launching it and keeping it to the floor 1..2...3 and shutting down...look on his face was priceless

Not going to post a pic...don't want an infraction for posting a pic in roadside... :poke:

FrankeSVT

Enthusiast
Established Member
Pics required

For me it'd be the good ol Ferrari F40

Why? Because I believe it represents an age the sports car world will never see again. Nowadays people mainly buy ferraris, lambos, and porsches for the badge thats on the hood.

This was a true balls to the wall sports car, no carpet, no audio system, no power windows. If you bought this car it was because you were a car enthusiast not a collector or a jackass with too much money.

Ferrari%20F40.jpg

Very well said! I couldn't agree more.

Solopony

Established Member
It's hard to believe f40's are 20 years old. It's a timeless classic and still looks like it could've came out last week.

Users who are viewing this thread