If you could move anywhere in the US....

divided

Established Member
Where would it be? Only stipulation is it has to be a big city with lots of I.T. jobs, or at least a good chance at landing one. I am thinking about packing ship and starting fresh somewhere and just want some ideas. I am about to be unemployed and really want to try something new. Ideas?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I would move to Casper, WY if i could find a job there. but thats just because that is where my kids live. But if it was IT based i would try some of the bigger texas citys. or maybe Denver/Fort Collins Colorado area lots of IT there and lots of Mountains just too many people for my taste.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
Casper Wyoming just because some of my grandchildren live there. I lived there as a small child but don't remember a hole lot about the area. I do know it gets very cold in the winter and a whole lot of snow. You might check out the chamber of commerce there and see what kind of jobs/industry they have in the local area. I do know it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Good hunting and fishing if your in to that.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Somewhere without a winter and without a boatload of people everywhere. As far as jobs, that probably limits you to mostly metro areas, but I'd much rather commute.... living in the city sucks.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i was gonna say SD but i know your from there. i loved it when i lived there but CA laws blow donkey balls.i love TX, born and raised so maybe somewhere by the coast area?

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I was just asking this question myself.

I was thinking somewhere in Tennessee. It seems really nice there. Otherwise, I'd love to visit Savannah, Georgia....see what kind of opportunities there are there.

tistan

Established Member
I was just asking this question myself.

I was thinking somewhere in Tennessee. It seems really nice there. Otherwise, I'd love to visit Savannah, Georgia....see what kind of opportunities there are there.

I'm about to leave Savannah for Tennessee. The climate and mountains in Tennessee kicks ass. Savannah is nice to visit, but it sucks to live here. There is no such thing as nice weather hear. It is either too hot or cold, or if it is a nice 60-75 degree day you will be eatin up by sand gnats. There is no bug spray that works for keeping them off. The only thing to do in Savannah is drink and go to Tybee the redneck beach whose police will be sure to get you some kind of citation before you leave.

divided

Established Member
Thanks for the input thus far. I know San Diego/So Cal is what alot of people think is ideal, but ive grown up here and am ready for something new. Texas is sounding pretty good. Keep the input coming...

divided

Established Member
i was gonna say SD but i know your from there. i loved it when i lived there but CA laws blow donkey balls.i love TX, born and raised so maybe somewhere by the coast area?

Yep. I also want to get back into a cobra and want to live somewhere with a little more freedom to mod than Cali. Ideally somewhere with a track as well. But thats all ideal and not necessarily needed.

Users who are viewing this thread