If you could move anywhere in the US....

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Not ****ing Ohio. Just moved back to FL after living there for 3 years.

**** that shit. Never again.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
When (if) I get out of the military, I'll either be moving back to Tampa, FL to go back home, Boston, MA for something different or somewhere in the Rockies for snowboarding in the winter and mountain biking in the summer.

oilwell1415

Established Member
If I could move anywhere in the US I would move California about 150 miles west. Doh, you meant move TO anywhere in the US. I don't know. After a few years anywhere it always seems to suck.

stangaholic280

Established Member
I was just asking this question myself.

I was thinking somewhere in Tennessee. It seems really nice there. Otherwise, I'd love to visit Savannah, Georgia....see what kind of opportunities there are there.

I'm about to leave Savannah for Tennessee. The climate and mountains in Tennessee kicks ass. Savannah is nice to visit, but it sucks to live here. There is no such thing as nice weather hear. It is either too hot or cold, or if it is a nice 60-75 degree day you will be eatin up by sand gnats. There is no bug spray that works for keeping them off. The only thing to do in Savannah is drink and go to Tybee the redneck beach whose police will be sure to get you some kind of citation before you leave.

Tennessee is a great place to live. If it wasn't for the military I'd be back in Murfreesboro right now. Fantastic town, great jobs, growing like a weed but not too congested, and only 30 minutes from Nashville. Can't wait to go back. :rockon:

tpduke112

Rich Man's Cavalier
Established Member
Mufreesboro, not congested????

I was born and raised in TN, moved to downtown Atlanta 2 years ago. If I could live anywhere, it would be between Nashville and Atlanta.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Central Jersey's OK with me right now. Minutes to nice rolling hills, state parks, fresh water fishing streams and lakes...twisty back roads. An hour to some real nice beaches and salt water fishing...and NYC or Philly for entertainment. If it had a bit more rural feel that would be cool with me.

Now all I need is a nice freshwater fishing lake...with a private airstrip... to retire on in a similar centralized location and I'd have found...Nirvana.

jimmy77

Established Member
North Dakota. I own property near Bismarck. I can't wait to finish my Boeing career and then get the heck out of here! I really like the down to earth folks .....It'll be ND for me:) GOT OIL? LOL! I've already told my wife to ship my body back to ND if I croak.....can't stand the thought of some gang banger pissin' on my grave. In fact, I could see myself throwing in the towel this summer if I can land a job to feed myself. I'ved lived in a lot of places but ND takes the cake....Texas is a darn nice place too.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
North Dakota. I own property near Bismarck. I can't wait to finish my Boeing career and then get the heck out of here! I really like the down to earth folks .....It'll be ND for me:) GOT OIL? LOL! I've already told my wife to ship my body back to ND if I croak.....can't stand the thought of some gang banger pissin' on my grave. In fact, I could see myself throwing in the towel this summer if I can land a job to feed myself. I'ved lived in a lot of places but ND takes the cake....Texas is a darn nice place too.

North dakota people are a diffrent breed. They dont care where you're from, what your name is, what your past is. No matter what they will welcome you with open arms and would give you the shirt off their back. awesome folks.

I lived there for almost a year and met some of the greatest people.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Mufreesboro, not congested????

I was born and raised in TN, moved to downtown Atlanta 2 years ago. If I could live anywhere, it would be between Nashville and Atlanta.

I'd have to say no. I'm not saying it's deserted. It's a big town, but it's no where near a metropolis yet. Even during busy times (lunch/rush hour/etc) there isn't really any stand still traffic. Holidays get pretty nuts...aka black friday gets downright retarded, but off hours and night time there are plenty of nice places to cruise. Hell after 12pm...the place is deserted. I like it because it's a good balance. I mean when you have a place that has as much stuff as Murfreesboro has in it/around it, you have to agree that the congestion is pretty decent.

Users who are viewing this thread