If the GT500 is $85,000 are you in or out?

1FASFKR

Established Member
More than one Porsche/M owner came over to purchase the GT350. I’m sure the same can be said for HC/ZL but I have not heard of any.
If it’s just a high horsepower car you are correct. If it drives like $150k European model you better believe people will spend that money and buy them all. It’s feels like a bargain to them.

As for prices new car prices are high in general. Base no frills cars are $30, Mustang GT is now close to $50 and trucks are selling resiculous numbers at $60/70/80 grand. That’s crazy!!

I dunno any HC owners in my circle that wanted to trade in for 350 or even a 350R. They usually go C7 Z if anything. Then realize they miss their A8 in the HC Lol. Me personally, I'd go for the C7 Z vert as well but with the M7 if I wanted a corner carver with huge HP. The GT350 and 350R have a small customer market made up mostly of established Ford fan boys if you ask me. The GT500 can very well add to the base tho if the price and performance are there.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I dunno any HC owners in my circle that wanted to trade in for 350 or even a 350R. They usually go C7 Z if anything. Then realize they miss their A8 in the HC Lol. Me personally, I'd go for the C7 Z vert as well but with the M7 if I wanted a corner carver with huge HP. The GT350 and 350R have a small customer market made up mostly of established Ford fan boys if you ask me. The GT500 can very well add to the base tho if the price and performance are there.

What I was saying, is there anybody that came from a Porsche or new M3 to a HC? I’ve heard many stories of people selling there $100k plus sports car for the 350/R. Probst said the R was better than the GT4. A number of other journalist said it’s one of the best driving cars at any price point. The Porsche driving school even purchased one. I have yet to hear that type of praise from the HC/D/Z06/ZR1. With the C6Z being the closest....

The question is high power or driving experience?

1FASFKR

Established Member
What I was saying, is there anybody that came from a Porsche or new M3 to a HC? I’ve heard many stories of people selling there $100k plus sports car for the 350/R. Probst said the R was better than the GT4. A number of other journalist said it’s one of the best driving cars at any price point. The Porsche driving school even purchased one. I have yet to hear that type of praise from the HC/D/Z06/ZR1. With the C6Z being the closest....

The question is high power or driving experience?

I'm sure the R is all that and a bag of chips as far as a bargain corner carver goes. I thought what you said was that you're sure some from the HC/ZL1 side switched over to the 350 but you don't know any. I'm here to tell you that I don't think a 350 is on any HC owners radar for the obvious reasons of less TQ and HP in a straightline. There are more suitable options to move into from the HC owners perspective for a blend of both performance aspects of straight line and turning. Not to mention available amenities.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
whew, guys, thank the lord the resident expert has THE SCOOP.
I would rather have Helen Keller on my Fantasy Football team, than to listen to anything you have to say.
Safe to say that's probably the common consensus here....
Savage my friend, savage!!
lol

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I'm sure the R is all that and a bag of chips as far as a bargain corner carver goes. I thought what you said was that you're sure some from the HC/ZL1 side switched over to the 350 but you don't know any. I'm here to tell you that I don't think a 350 is on any HC owners radar for the obvious reasons of less TQ and HP in a straightline. There are more suitable options to move into from the HC owners perspective for a blend of both performance aspects of straight line and turning. Not to mention available amenities.

Unfortunately, most GT350 owners are more interested in ceramic coating and talking about "what a great driver's car" instead of actually tracking it. I haven't been able to get a single GT350 owner give me a lap time at the tracks I go to. The GT350 isn't good in a straight line and gets shown up where it is supposed to shine. What kind of ceramic coating do you guys recommend again? :cool:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I was saying that I don’t know if anyone who sold their 997 turbo or similar for the HC. I’m sure there are a few but I have personally heard of people selling their $100k+ sports car for the gt350/r.
Just recently a guy sold his 997 for the GT350 Track Pack. In the past that was seen as a downgrade(even with the 13 GT500). The GT350 drives that well on the street.

But you are correct there are many choices for cars with more power.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
I bought my Hellcat for 60K. My Demon was 100K out the door. It hurts. I don't think any American muscle car should be north of $70,000.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
It hurts because you don’t like your demon and needed to buy a $35k civic to enjoy driving again.

It's literally impossible not to enjoy 790bhp to the wheels on race fuel. The demon is an atomic bomb, the Type R a cruise missile. Both are a blast.

Back to my question. I really hope ford drops the regular and "r" variant when delivering us the GT500. Make one king of the road.

Sounds like a lot of people would be out if this car is 86K, plus ADM, and taxes...I think the hardest part of spending 100K on a mustang is the pending depreciation...it's a catch 20/2. If they make it limited it holds its value but dealers will demand over...if it's unlimited resale value plummets. Personally I think Dodge failed at getting demons to owners at msrp and it sucked for so many that wanted it. Still think it sucks we all have to buy from Dealers and not order directly from manufacturer ala Ford GT enthusiast products like this.

DepWraith

Established Member
whew, guys, thank the lord the resident expert has THE SCOOP.

I would rather have Helen Keller on my Fantasy Football team, than to listen to anything you have to say.

Safe to say that's probably the common consensus here....

Yeah, because you've given us so much information right?

8k above a GT350 makes sense, 15 to 20K like some are suggesting places the GT500 into a much higher cost bracket than it's competitors and you would be a fool if you didn't think the delays with this car aren't coming from the Ford bean counters telling FP to cut costs so that it can be priced competitively.

You know what they say about opinions...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yeah, because you've given us so much information right?

8k above a GT350 makes sense, 15 to 20K like some are suggesting places the GT500 into a much higher cost bracket than it's competitors and you would be a fool if you didn't think the delays with this car aren't coming from the Ford bean counters telling FP to cut costs so that it can be priced competitively.

You know what they say about opinions...

454969a448e9437b0633c59e732b359e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread