If the GT500 is $85,000 are you in or out?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with your points in the context of the Mustang world only. Mustangs compared to themselves are improving and Ford is doing a fabulous job. Heck, I've looked at a new PP2 and warming it up vs another Shelby. The non-halo Mustangs are doing well.

My opinion of Ford jumping the shark with the GT500 is within the scope of the marketplace. What will be the GT500s value in the marketplace. I'm worried b/c I see it's losing ground (or has lost it starting with the GT350) and I don't want it to. I beat the every loving crap out of my GT500 and I've loved every minute of it. The car kicks arse and I love making Chebby guys upset.

The Crapmaro is kicking the Mustang's butt in value right now. Thankfully, it's loosing in sales so my argument might be moot (b/c buyers don't care that it's better performance).

So Ford will sell a certain amount of GT500s to the blind and that's acceptable?

I am not asking for a free GT500, just inline with the marketplace in price and performance and value. Because at the end of the day, there are choices (but I never chosen anything but a Mustang since 1995).

It's inline.

Sparko

Established Member
I have a dealer where I live that has told me he will sell me his first allocation for the GT 500 at sticker ( i have a lease coming due on another vehicle that he wants me to flip to a new lease ). Any advise from you guys as to what tricks to watch out for ? I plan to give him a healthy deposit once the order is written. I also have a '13 GT500 vert that he wants me to trade but I'm not going to trade it.

Advice is welcome. Thank you.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
b/c buyers don't care that it's better performance

I think this is the message the OEMs are missing. By the numbers the ancient LX cars have no reason to sell as well as they do. By the numbers the Camaro should be raping the Mustang. But that's not what's happening.

Buyers still value styling, comfort and "sex appeal" (marketing, image, precievrd value, etc)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a dealer where I live that has told me he will sell me his first allocation for the GT 500 at sticker ( i have a lease coming due on another vehicle that he wants me to flip to a new lease ). Any advise from you guys as to what tricks to watch out for ? I plan to give him a healthy deposit once the order is written. I also have a '13 GT500 vert that he wants me to trade but I'm not going to trade it.

Advice is welcome. Thank you.

Just get it in writing.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
ford basically offers a 500hp (460hp under rated) mustang for $35k. All things considered that’s a lot of car for that money. An 03 cobra had 420hp (390hp also under rated) for $32k.

The gt500 makes 110hp more than the zl1 1le. Let that sink in.

The hellcat red eye is 797hp and very cool but also starts at $72k.

The gt500 starts $2k higher for a much newer car with a dct

LostM

Established Member
Their Halo car lost its fan base that most reached for anyway? Or did they open their Halo car up to an entirely new market with the will and means to pay?

This and more, on tonights episode of "shit that dont matter "

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
ford basically offers a 500hp (460hp under rated) mustang for $35k. All things considered that’s a lot of car for that money. An 03 cobra had 420hp (390hp also under rated) for $32k.

The gt500 makes 110hp more than the zl1 1le. Let that sink in.

The hellcat red eye is 797hp and very cool but also starts at $72k.

The gt500 starts $2k higher for a much newer car with a dct

What you fail to mention is the competition can be had for 20% off MSRP or better.

The gt500? 20% (or more) OVER.

I’m excited for the new car, don’t get me wrong. Just for other reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

LostM

Established Member
What you fail to mention is the competition can be had for 20% off MSRP or better.

The gt500? 20% (or more) OVER.

I’m excited for the new car, don’t get me wrong. Just for other reasons.

Value depends on its performance vs its lesser priced, and i guess higher priced competitors though, yes?

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
I hope so... But as it stands, the 1LE is on wider comparable tires and is stiffer than Kanedas boner at a gay bar. Either way, the 1LE is already in GT4 territory, thats my only point. DBK had said its not going to be a bloodbath either and I think he has seen the car testing against it.

We shall see

Lmfao

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Value depends on its performance vs its lesser priced, and i guess higher priced competitors though, yes?

Value is based entirely on demand. I agree.

Yes.

However, very doubtful the new car will perform 40% better than the others.

True. But there is a **** ton of deman for this car

A top of the line Terminator in 03 sold for around $33K. Today, in 2019 dollars, that's $46K. This GT500 pricing is CRAZY!

Sent using the svtperformance.com mobile app

390hp vs 760

Users who are viewing this thread