IDIOTS!!!!

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
were you in the car?

No?

Neither was I.

Therefore, I'm going to go out on a limb here that every single passenger was NOT egging the guy on. Called 'benefit of the doubt'

Crazy concept, I know.

Benefit of the doubt? It's not appropriate in this situation. This isn't a minor traffic infraction or something trivial.

15-17 year olds in a car and you are willing to give them the BOTD? o_O

Zemedici

Established Member
Benefit of the doubt? It's not appropriate in this situation. This isn't a minor traffic infraction or something trivial.

ah yes, I forgot every individual that is currently between the ages of 15-17 is the devil reincarnated. Listen to yourself.

I was 15 at one time, and working 2 full time jobs at the time while finishing high school. And although I had a different upbringing than these children, there are PLENTY of times I rode around with friends, in their high hp street cars. It can literally happen to anyone. That's why they call them 'accidents'.

The world is not NEAR as black and white as you make it out to be, and situations like this need to be approached with an open mind. Its innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Coiled03

Established Member

Classy - use the results of their actions to pass moral judgment on their prior decisions, as if they could've predicted the future.

Man, you're one self-righteous, condescending dude aren't you?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Teenagers do get benefit of the doubt. Not every teenager is into dangerous activities. Hell, my wife still doesn't care for it when I get a little heavy footed.

The 17 year old seemed to be an upstanding student. Had goals for herself.

Tracey Taylor said her daughter was entering her senior year and was dual-enrolled at Kalamazoo Central High School and Kalamazoo Community College taking AP classes. Cobb also had two varsity letters in swimming and played softball, but couldn’t play sports her senior year due to an injury.

http://woodtv.com/2017/09/02/5-dead-in-fiery-single-vehicle-crash-in-kzoo-co/

Still no information on why the teens were even driving around after midnight (pretty sure there are curfew laws for adolescent drivers), and no word why the 15 year old was driving.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
ah yes, I forgot every individual that is currently between the ages of 15-17 is the devil reincarnated. Listen to yourself.

I was 15 at one time, and working 2 full time jobs at the time while finishing high school. And although I had a different upbringing than these children, there are PLENTY of times I rode around with friends, in their high hp street cars. It can literally happen to anyone. That's why they call them 'accidents'.

The world is not NEAR as black and white as you make it out to be, and situations like this need to be approached with an open mind. Its innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Classy - use the results of their actions to pass moral judgment on their prior decisions, as if they could've predicted the future.

Man, you're one self-righteous, condescending dude aren't you?

I'm much more harsh than those endearing adjectives you used, plain and simple, and I do not believe in blowing smoke.

Every single person in that car shares some culpability, hyperbole aside. As steadfast as you are in trying to make a comparison between what these kids did and what many of us did in our youth, it is futile. What these kids achieved went beyond "driving fast." Unless one makes the conscious choice of leading the cops on an extremely high speed chase in a car full of people driven by someone too young to drive, no, it literally can not happen to anyone.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Unless one makes the conscious choice of leading the cops on an extremely high speed chase in a car full of people driven by someone too young to drive, no, it literally can not happen to anyone.

That was not anyone's intention. The cop didn't light them up and then they took off, they were hauling ass before the cop saw them.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I wonder if everyone even knew the kid didn't have his license or not. Easy to pass judgments after the fact.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess you never decided to speed a day in your life. Or street race anyone.

Every time I saw the cherries in the rear view I pulled over. I can say I never did 100mph down Main Street and then kept going when the cops decided to say enough.

Edit: As a kid seeing the police I would have been terrified.

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm much more harsh than those endearing adjectives you used, plain and simple, and I do not believe in blowing smoke.

No, you just like to front like a hard ass because you can't think critically enough to understand not everything is black and white.

Every single person in that car shares some culpability, hyperbole aside.

100% bullshit. That's what you WANT to be true because you like looking down your nose at people you think are lesser than you, in this case, teenagers.. You don't have enough information to know that.

As steadfast as you are in trying to make a comparison between what these kids did and what many of us did in our youth, it is futile. What these kids achieved went beyond "driving fast."

What they "achieved" AFTER their decisions were made has no bearing on whether or not their decisions prior to getting in the car were poor, or not.

You want to blame them SO bad that you can't see it's perfectly possible they made an honest mistake by getting in the car.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
No, you just like to front like a hard ass because you can't think critically enough to understand not everything is black and white.

Believe me, I'm a dickhead and an ahole and even if you or anyone here agreed with my opinion (about these kids) wouldn't matter to me.

100% bullshit. That's what you WANT to be true because you like looking down your nose at people you think are lesser than you, in this case, teenagers.. You don't have enough information to know that.

What they "achieved" AFTER their decisions were made has no bearing on whether or not their decisions prior to getting in the car were poor, or not.

You want to blame them SO bad that you can't see it's perfectly possible they made an honest mistake by getting in the car.

Wait. I don't have enough info to say they all have some culpability yet you have enough info to say they don't? How does that work?

The decisions these children made greatly effected the fact that they are now dead.

Edit: When you were a kid, did your parents ever tell you not to get in the car with a drunk driver? Why? Did they ever tell you to wear your seat belt as both a driver and/or passenger? Why? Did they ever tell you to make sure you know who is the driver? Why.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Believe me, I'm a dickhead and an ahole and even if you or anyone here agreed with my opinion (about these kids) wouldn't matter to me.

Wait. I don't have enough info to say they all have some culpability yet you have enough info to say they don't? How does that work?

The decisions these children made greatly effected the fact that they are now dead.
What part of they didn't what know they were in for when they got in the car can't you get through your thick head? Serious question, as I'm dumbfounded by your replies here.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
@SolarYellow

IMG_2066.GIF

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
What part of they didn't what know they were in for when they got in the car can't you get through your thick head? Serious question, as I'm dumbfounded by your replies here.

How are you able to make a statement of such certainty?

Bad news was written over the entire situation. They didn't know what they were in for considering they were involved in a recipe for disaster?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread