Identifiying ownership of a firearm

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
Give her the gun and make her sign a paper saying it was transferred to her, that way it won't end up being used against you...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Give her the gun and make her sign a paper saying it was transferred to her, that way it won't end up being used against you...

bullshit! having her sign a paper doe NOT mean it won't end up being used against him. do you know how many guys have been shot by their ex-wives?

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Give her the gun, after shortening up the firing pin. That will give you peace of mind if it gets pointed in your direction.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I wouldn't hand the gun over without knowing 100% sure that it's not in your name. If it's in your name, and for some reason you want to cave and give it back, make sure you get it in her name.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Give her the gun, after shortening up the firing pin. That will give you peace of mind if it gets pointed in your direction.

And can put him in deep trouble if something should happen to her while she is attempting to defend herself with it.
Let's not forget that she may be trying to protect their child.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Well. It was hers. She found out that we used her name for the background check and then I paid for it. Oh well. No biggie.

olefafl

Established Member
Well. It was hers. She found out that we used her name for the background check and then I paid for it. Oh well. No biggie.

If that's what happened then she lied on the 4473, unless it changed after she filled it out. I think it's question #11, asks if you are the buyer of the firearm. If you answer no, then the shop can't sell it to you.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I don't remember how it happened. I was there while we were buying it but who knows. No big deal.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Sounds like the best possible outcome here, since you didn't care about the gun. You can give it back to her and never have to hear about it again, and there's no worry that it was ever in your name. Win win.

Users who are viewing this thread