I wouldnt say i was screwed over but....

x182dan

Established Member
So who here found out after they bought their cobra that they were lied to? I bought my cobra from a known cobra guy in mass. Has a few of them. I found the cars previous owners on here recently. He basically lied to me about everything he did to it and the cars history. Anyone else find their cobra on here after they purchased it and it's a totally different car than how you bought it?

x182dan

Established Member
Did you call him out? Some guy from Mass.. huh.
I did ask him if he put a motor in it and he denied it said how I bought it is how he bought it which is not true. I know he put a motor in it and returned it to stock before selling it to me. Just wish he was a honest guy so i knew what engine is in there now.

x182dan

Established Member
Interesting. Post a pic of the car so we can identify it.
I'm not really looking to start shit with the guy I bought it from but the car is a silver 10th anniversary. He owns a few cobras and has parted out many of them too. He swore he didn't touch this car but after talking to previous owner I know he put a motor in it and returned it to stock. I really just want to know what engine is in this car but I'll probably never know. He seemed like an honest guy but wasn't.

PC03GT

Established Member
I'm not really looking to start shit with the guy I bought it from but the car is a silver 10th anniversary. He owns a few cobras and has parted out many of them too. He swore he didn't touch this car but after talking to previous owner I know he put a motor in it and returned it to stock. I really just want to know what engine is in this car but I'll probably never know. He seemed like an honest guy but wasn't.
If it's true he needs to be exposed. That's why the Terminator community is so tight knit, we look out for one another

Last edited:

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
That sucks man. I would do a compression check or leak down to verify the health of the motor..... Then after that I'd want to lay eyes on the the crank/rods before throwing any serious power at it.

Is it an iron block?

x182dan

Established Member
That sucks man. I would do a compression check or leak down to verify the health of the motor..... Then after that I'd want to lay eyes on the the crank/rods before throwing any serious power at it.

Is it an iron block?
Iron block. AG heads so i think that makes in an early 03 motor? I did compression check when I bought it and it was fine.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Iron block. AG heads so i think that makes in an early 03 motor? I did compression check when I bought it and it was fine.
Well that's good. Id be less concerned now. My biggest concern would have been if they put a junk yard mach1/96-01 cobra motor in..

It sucks to not know the mileage and everything, but if the motor is healthy I'd take that as a positive. Dude is a POS for lying straight to your face, but it could have been worse.

I bought a car and elected to not get a comp check or leak down because I thought the dude was honest. When I was cleaning out the car I found an invoice from ford saying that it was down on compression. This was paid for by someone that was looking to buy the car before me. The seller knew 100% of the issue and didn't say a word about it.

x182dan

Established Member
Well that's good. Id be less concerned now. My biggest concern would have been if they put a junk yard mach1/96-01 cobra motor in..

It sucks to not know the mileage and everything, but if the motor is healthy I'd take that as a positive. Dude is a POS for lying straight to your face, but it could have been worse.

I bought a car and elected to not get a comp check or leak down because I thought the dude was honest. When I was cleaning out the car I found an invoice from ford saying that it was down on compression. This was paid for by someone that was looking to buy the car before me. The seller knew 100% of the issue and didn't say a word about it.
Wow ya that dude is def a pos

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I agree the dude should be blasted. Especially since you said he parts out cobras and someone in the community will likely deal with him in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread