I was actually happy to get pulled over....

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Last summer I got pulled over on I 86 in NY on my way home from the Woodward Dream Cruise. I was in my Marauder, saw the cop ahead in the median - Chevy Tahoe - and he proceeded to pull me over. Said he was just doing a routine stop cause he couldnt see inside my car due to the tinted windows. This was mid afternoon, ran my info, came back fine. Next thing you know, we're shootin the shit about the Marauder, how long have I had it, any mods, what other cars do I have, how was the Dreamcruise, etc.. After about 15 min, he said have a nice day, nice talking to ya, and let me go.

I think he just wanted to check my car out..

Me thinks she wanted a ride on your bologna pony.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
So he wrote you a ticket for no insurance when you had insurance and you are happy with that? He could have easily tore up, deleted or voided the ticket since the charge was not correct. Plus in TX now when you run a TX License plate it will tell you if the car has current insurance.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Yea, I know every person pretty much likes having power, but the question is do some officers become cops because of power and everything else is details, or do they become officers to "protect and serve" and the power just happens to come with it....

Unfortunately I think the number is much higher than it should be.

Haha, this is everyday... I'll stop someone and they'll say "shouldn't you be cracking down on the criminals and gang-bangers?"

"yeah, but I found you instead" LULZ

:bash:

Just don't give officers a reason to pull you over and you won't have to piss and moan. It's pretty simple. Oh, and don't drive drug dealer cars with big rims and flashy paint. You might hear me coming from a ways off but rarely do drug dealers around here drive Mustangs with loud exhausts. Just not quite that demographic.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i guess i can consider myself lucky then, two days ago i was pulled over by FHP for doing 67 in a 45mph zone, the guy asked me what the hurry was and i told him a had a meeting at my tech school at 3:00pm and it was already 2:34pm, from where i was pulled over at my school was about 13 miles away, guy let me go with a warning. i couldn't imagine the price of that ticket because 7 weeks ago i was pulled over in the same spot by local sheriff's and i was doing 61 in a 45 and the ticket was knocked down from 61mph to 54mph and it was a 120 bucks :( and 3 points. only other times i have been pulled over were from a improper turn by a female cop who must have hit menopause and a D-bag small city cop for a bs careless driving charge. got a total of 3 tickets in my life and 3 warnings

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
So he wrote you a ticket for no insurance when you had insurance and you are happy with that? He could have easily tore up, deleted or voided the ticket since the charge was not correct. Plus in TX now when you run a TX License plate it will tell you if the car has current insurance.

Compared to how the police usually treat me yes i am happy. I usually get this long lecture about why I shouldn't have done what I did and "oh by the way you should get your front license plate on there" speech... So far with my encounters in Texas, northlake and colleyville cops seem to have the most attitude.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I've been pulled over by both.. Some were a-holes and others were real cool. One cop pulled me over when I was on the highway (doing 68 in a 55), gave me a warning, but then said "Nice sounding car, just try not to get too crazy with it!"... When I should have got a ticket for no muffler and cats. lol.

My worst experience was when I was in a car accident and was airlifted to a hospital. Long story short... I took my seatbelt off for about 15 seconds to grab something in the back seat (I was the passenger in my friends truck) and a car oulled out infront of us. The cop drove 50 miles away to give me a ticket and bitch me out in the hospital about why I should have been wearing a seatbelt..... And then gave me a ticket for it. It wouldnt have been so bad if it wasnt 5 hours after the accident.. It was just irratating. I would have rather had him mail me the ticket since he didnt care to hear my side of the story and I wasnt in the mood to be bitched at.

I've known a ton of real laid back cops though. :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We have quite a few great cops in both my town and the neighboring town of Prospect. I know more cops in Prospect (where my daughter lives) than my own town. LOL! I was at a DARE program last night in Prospect for their elementary school and I couldn't help but notice how funny a couple of the troopers were (one I knew). But when they're on duty they do have to change that demeanor for good reason.

Thanks for that good story. I've had more than one of those in my lifetime as well.

My94GT

Established Member
ive been pulled over more times then i can remember when i was a little younger and what i learned then was basically cops are people too. some people you just cant please while other just ask for your hounesty and to be treated well and in turn you will be treated the same way back. ive met some pretty cool cops along the way and have actually spent some time on the side of the road joking or talking with the cop after getting a ticket or warning.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
In my opinion, most cops are cool. There are a few jerks but that goes for any group of people.

In my '96 Cobra once I was caught on radar doing 82 in a 65 zone. I pulled over immediately and waited for him to catch up and pull in behind me. Like you I was polite and explained that I had a handgun in the car and a carry permit. He thanked me and asked what it was and where I kept it. I also asked if there was a way he could give me a break to avoid any points. After reviewing my info he came back and gave me a ticket for obstructing my forward vision by having a radar detector on the windshield (it didn't help :bash:). He apologized for giving even that ticket saying that he was required to issue a ticket for speeders 10 miles over or more, thanked me for my courtesy and I was on my way. The ticket was 0 points. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

eclipsemustang

Established Member
only bad experience i had, was last spring and it was the first nice night of spring and it was about 50 out and after winter 50 feels really nice. So after work i picked up some dinner and my girlfriend, and we ate dinner on my car, in a parking lot that over looks this lake. next thing i know a park ranger or something pulls up and asks what's going on and i told him we were just eating dinner outside because we finally had a nice night out. He then asks if we know what time it is, i told him no. He told us it was 1030 and asked if we knew when the parks closed, i said yes 10 and i was sorry. I was very polite to him, but he still lectured us and wrote us tickets. This was also me and my gf's first time hanging out just us two

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
My worst experience was when I was in a car accident and was airlifted to a hospital. Long story short... I took my seatbelt off for about 15 seconds to grab something in the back seat (I was the passenger in my friends truck) and a car oulled out infront of us. The cop drove 50 miles away to give me a ticket and bitch me out in the hospital about why I should have been wearing a seatbelt..... And then gave me a ticket for it. It wouldnt have been so bad if it wasnt 5 hours after the accident.. It was just irratating. I would have rather had him mail me the ticket since he didnt care to hear my side of the story and I wasnt in the mood to be bitched at.

I've known a ton of real laid back cops though. :rockon:

Yes, a similiar story happened to my friend on his bike. He hit a pothole and went down without his jacket on (of course one of the only times he didnt wear it) he got mad road rash and pebbles in his arm and such. He was pretty out of it at first but the officer that found him before the ambulance arrived did not have time to issue a ticket or talk to him before the paramedics took him to the hospital. So the officer follows them to the hospital and started questioning my friend right after the hospital staff was done wrapping him up. He starts making accusations like "why didnt your punk friends stop and help you, oh let me guess you guys where doing stunts and speeding so they rode off to save their own ass". I mean I know the cop was probably just doing is job or whatever but honestly isnt there a better way to go about it? I mean if someone is hurt why do they need a lecture or verbal attacks when they already got owned by the accident.

And I have met a decent amount of laid back ones. In fact there where a couple in the pd around where I lived when I went to high school and if they where first on scene with breaking up a party or any other stupid stuff high schoolers do, they would try and help you out as much as they could before thier supperors (sp?) came. Now that I think about it the high school police officer that was at the school was pretty cool to, if you did something stupid he would make fun of you or roll his eyes lol.

SVT03DAL

Established Member
Seems pretty simple...just don't do anything stupid that would warrant you being pulled over in the first place and then you wouldn't have to worry about the cop being nice or a douche.:poke:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Seems pretty simple...just don't do anything stupid that would warrant you being pulled over in the first place and then you wouldn't have to worry about the cop being nice or a douche.:poke:

well in an ideal world that might work... But sometimes you get pulled over for no reason as a "routine" stop.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
when i took my class for my concealed handgun lic, i was shocked when the instructor told me that TX HWY Patrol officers are required to take a type of courtesy class. come to think about it those guys may give tickets but they are always courteous...

king nothing

Established Member
Ive been pulled over many times. one thing I have noticed is that the older I get the more respect the police treat me with. When I was a teenager They treated me like dirt every time. Now that im older they dont. I had one small town cop be a dick, but all the other police Ive dealt with in the last 5-7 years have been cool, even if they were writing a ticket. Even the cop that arrested me for my DUI 10 years ago was as nice as could be. made the bad experience that much more bearable

Users who are viewing this thread