I was actually happy to get pulled over....

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Ok so my faith in policemen was restored a little bit today, as I usually try and be respectful but still get the officer that wants to give me attitude or be smart with me, but today was different.

I was pulling out of my apartment complex today in a little bit of a rush (I know I know everyone is lol) and on the first side street I turn onto from my apartment gate exit a yield sign was recently changed to a stop sign. Well I as many others usually treat it like a yield sign; I slow down to about a 15 or 10 mph roll today as if it was a yield sign turn right and mr. officer happens to be behind an oncoming car and it was obvious to me that he had to be blind to not see what I had done. So I see him turn around turn on his lights and i pull over as soon as I can. he approached the car states his name and says "I am stopping you today for not completely stopping at that stop sign back there, insurance and liscence please". I said "I am sorry about that, here is my liscence but i do not think my insurance is in here." he politely did not rush me and let me look for a couple more moments, until I handed him my liscence and said I can not find my insurance. So he said "ok hold on I will be back" took my liscence and walked back to his car. Well a few moments after that I was kicking myself in the head becuase I found my insurance info wedged in between the seat and the back of the cab of my truck, knowing that I shouldnt get out of my vehicle I tried to casually put my hand with the info out the window in hopes that he would see it (I am unsure if that was an ok move or not but I didnt do any fast movements or anything). Well he did not see it or did not acknowledge it so I was like o well. A few moments later he came back to my window and said, "I am issuing you a warning for the stop sign since it recently changed, but in a couple weeks we will be treating it like any other stop sign. And I have to ticket you for the no insurance." I said, " I found my insurance now, I dont know if that will help." Officer, " Well I can not change it now but you can mail it in and get it dissmissed". Then he asked me a couple questions I answered without any attitude or anything and then what stuck in my head was he said, " I appreciate your courtesy today have a good day sir". I said "you to" for lack of not being able to think of anything cuase I was a little shocked.

Sorry for the long read, I just wanted to share as for some reason it actually made my day a little better. I guess its becuase the officer didnt sit there and patronize me like most do, I honestly do not need that I know when I have done something wrong, and know that we must pay for our actions no matter how small.

Bottom line is I got the impression that this officer was sincere in wanting to help people and liked his job rather than the majority of ones I seem to get pulled over by that try and give you a guilt trip and make you feel stupid. Thanks to all you guys that enjoy helping people, not just wanting to have authority, and not talking down to citizens like they are as stupid as a plank of wood (unless they rightfully deserve to be becuase they are that stupid, but thats a different matter) :beer:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Good to hear!

As we speak I'm about to go meet with the Head of Housing for the University I go to. I was at a lil par-tay where the RA's decided to show up and write everyone up regardless of age due to the fact there was alcohol there. Oh Joy!

Hopefully she'll be cool and won't lecture me too too much.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Ay! Them be those rare unicorn cops!

yeah no shit...
got pulled over inn neighborhood with wifey. i was at a stop sign going uphill and it was cold with a bit or rain outside. i hit the gas and barely slid, would'nt even qualify as a fishtail. i get pulled over for exhibition of speed...he ran ID and said "oh one conviction for speeding, makes sense". mind you it was one ticket in 4 years.....:dw:
anyways, he lets me off and says "not be reving my engine down some street". so i said, 'i don't Sir, we live on this block and the mustang you are referring to is an 01 black w/ chrome rims"....but of course i'm the wrong one...:nonono:

canibus

Established Member
Last year I got pulled over 3 times for tint.

first officer: was young, cool and very relaxed about the whole thing.

second officer: Probably would've beat me like rodney king if there wasn't so many people around. To this day I don't understand what I did to piss him off so much, but he went out of his way to make me feel stupid. He had to let me go because I already had a ticket for the tint, but boy was he trying to nail me with something else.

third officer: was an older gentleman. He was a real nice dude, we even joked a bit. All in all, my experience with leo's isn't bad at all. If it wasn't for that second dude being a dick, I wouldn't have anything bad to say.

txyaloo

Established Member
I guess I've been lucky, but every time I've been stopped the encounters have gone just like that.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
The only people I've noticed that take the whole "**** the police" attitude are the people who participate in illegal activities on a regular basis. I'm sorry you chose to sell drugs instead of getting a job but that's certainly not the PD's fault. Drives me nuts. Just be polite and stroke their ego. I don't mean that with a negative connotation but who doesn't like having power?

Last edited:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I've been pulled over at least 10 times, and every time (except once, woman cop, go figure) the officers have been absoluely polite and nice. I think it mostly has to do with how you act yourself. I always turn on my dome light, pull over, keep my hands visible, and don't move until the officer can see me in my vehicle. Then I get my stuff for the officer. Stay respectful and 95% of officers will return the favor.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I've been pulled over at least 10 times, and every time (except once, woman cop, go figure) the officers have been absoluely polite and nice. I think it mostly has to do with how you act yourself. I always turn on my dome light, pull over, keep my hands visible, and don't move until the officer can see me in my vehicle. Then I get my stuff for the officer. Stay respectful and 95% of officers will return the favor.

It's all about respect. The CEO of a big company would probably not take kindly to a paper pusher telling him he's doing a shitty job.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
90% of the time name dropping doesn't work but it did keep me out of jail once or twice. If the guys gonna write you a ticket anyways you might as well try.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
yeah no shit...
got pulled over inn neighborhood with wifey. i was at a stop sign going uphill and it was cold with a bit or rain outside. i hit the gas and barely slid, would'nt even qualify as a fishtail. i get pulled over for exhibition of speed...he ran ID and said "oh one conviction for speeding, makes sense". mind you it was one ticket in 4 years.....:dw:
anyways, he lets me off and says "not be reving my engine down some street". so i said, 'i don't Sir, we live on this block and the mustang you are referring to is an 01 black w/ chrome rims"....but of course i'm the wrong one...:nonono:

I use to get stuff like that all the time! When I first got my exhaust, I still had cats mind you, I was just going normal through the intersection giving it about a 1/4th throttle shifted from 1st to 2nd at about 3.5k. All the sudden cop turns right onto the road I am on and pulls me over, says "what was that" I said in alll seriousness " What was what officer?" he said "why were you getting on it back there?". I said, "Sir, in all respect that was not getting on it." Let me tell you he did not like my reply that much and started to lecture me I was like :shrug:... Maybe he just wanted to check my car out because I was a lot younger then and that was back in end of 02 but still....

03cobrarocks

Established Member
The only people I've noticed that take the whole "**** the police" attitude are the people who participate in illegal activities on a regular basis. I'm sorry you chose to sell drugs instead of getting a job but that's certainly not the PD's fault. Drives me nuts. Just be polite and stroke their ego. I don't mean that with a negative connotation but who doesn't like having power?

Yea, I know every person pretty much likes having power, but the question is do some officers become cops because of power and everything else is details, or do they become officers to "protect and serve" and the power just happens to come with it....

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member

Haha, this is everyday... I'll stop someone and they'll say "shouldn't you be cracking down on the criminals and gang-bangers?"

"yeah, but I found you instead" LULZ

:bash:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I got pulled over for an expired registration tag last week. It was actually in the envelope it was mailed to me in sitting on my bar at home. Just slipped my mind. I told him I have it, just forgot to put it up. He asked for insurance and license. I couldn't find my insurance. He said "Ok give me a few". Came back, issued me a warning for both matters, politely asked me to resolve both issues, told me to be safe and have a happy new year. Talk about a polite dude. I was gonna offer him a beer I had in my car, but I don't think he would've accepted.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Last summer I got pulled over on I 86 in NY on my way home from the Woodward Dream Cruise. I was in my Marauder, saw the cop ahead in the median - Chevy Tahoe - and he proceeded to pull me over. Said he was just doing a routine stop cause he couldnt see inside my car due to the tinted windows. This was mid afternoon, ran my info, came back fine. Next thing you know, we're shootin the shit about the Marauder, how long have I had it, any mods, what other cars do I have, how was the Dreamcruise, etc.. After about 15 min, he said have a nice day, nice talking to ya, and let me go.

I think he just wanted to check my car out..

Users who are viewing this thread