I want to rase my cobra up

charliex2

Established Member
I just brought 04 cobra and, its to low I drag on everything how hard are they to left back up?

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
If I were you I would just buy new springs like H&R, or just get some stock springs and cut them, to the height you want.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Get a new set of stockers,then a alignment.
What`s dragging,mid-pipe,catback.You might be able to get under there,loosen everything up and raise the exhaust up a bit.
Get some pics.

Last edited:

charliex2

Established Member
Get a new set of stockers,then a alignment.
What`s dragging,mid-pipe,catback.You might be able to get under there,loosen everything up and raise the exhaust up a bit.
Get some pics.

I think it's my mid-pipe.... I tried to rise it up guess I gotta get new springs... Do you know how hard they are to change?

SlowSVT

Established Member
I think it's my mid-pipe.... I tried to rise it up guess I gotta get new springs... Do you know how hard they are to change?

charlie

I have a set of un-cut stock cobra springs w/isolators that were on the car only a year and a half. If you want them I can box them up and ship them to you but it will cost about $100 with shipping. PM me if interested.

I've seen scary ass damage done to the undercarriage on cars that were lowered too much. A pimped out Saleen vert was the worst. Exhaust flanges, bell housing, K-member, rocker panels, lower valiance panel all looked like someone put a 36" disc grinder to the underside of the car :nonono: Nothing was spared! The bottom on the bell housing was almost "holed-thru" exposing the torque converter :eek: Imagine the stupidity of the owner ignoring the warnings every mechanic gave him about the condition of his car :bash:

charliex2

Established Member
charlie

I have a set of un-cut stock cobra springs w/isolators that were on the car only a year and a half. If you want them I can box them up and ship them to you but it will cost about $100 with shipping. PM me if interested.

I've seen scary ass damage done to the undercarriage on cars that were lowered too much. A pimped out Saleen vert was the worst. Exhaust flanges, bell housing, K-member, rocker panels, lower valiance panel all looked like someone put a 36" disc grinder to the underside of the car :nonono: Nothing was spared! The bottom on the bell housing was almost "holed-thru" exposing the torque converter :eek: Imagine the stupidity of the owner ignoring the warnings every mechanic gave him about the condition of his car :bash:

Alright yea I won't them... Anybody need some cut springs

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
I am curious, post a picture of your car. I want too see how low it actually sits! I mean if you cant even go over railroad tracks then that must be pretty freaking low.

Jefe

Established Member
Check my sig. Also post a pic, im sure we can tell you how much is cut off of them by your stance

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Wait a minute...I lowered that car. lol
Those are stock springs with one coil removed...yeah that Cobra is nearly slammed. Looks good but the Xpipe is wayyy too low. Not sure why cory never replaced it or did something else with it but I'm positive that the midpipe can be adjusted.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Wait a minute...I lowered that car. lol
Those are stock springs with one coil removed...yeah that Cobra is nearly slammed. Looks good but the Xpipe is wayyy too low. Not sure why cory never replaced it or did something else with it but I'm positive that the midpipe can be adjusted.

:nonono:

I can't believe you worked on anything :lol1:

J/k.

Sounds like an easy fix; just deal with the midpipe and try again.

A lot of folks cut 3/4 to 1-coil off the stockers and everything is ok.

Otherwise grab some HR Race or Steeda springs and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread